ITT: Gaycore essentials

ITT: Gaycore essentials

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qlayTYdlLB8
youtube.com/watch?v=CvCHAZTOH9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Picture related.

Im a waifufag so im only partly gay.

Kate Bush is to old for the typical gay to enjoy.

Gay's want this.

Gay people only like what's hip and trendy right now. Grimes, Lana Del Rey, etc. Kate Bush is more awkward transgender-core.

YASSSSSSS QUEEEEEENSSSSS. Hey girls, you hoes be posting my jamz.

>it's a "gays listening to nothing but female-fronted pop" episode

itt: straight people

Kate is actually a gay icon on UK and most of her fandom is made by gay people.

And she has made songs like this;
youtube.com/watch?v=qlayTYdlLB8
youtube.com/watch?v=CvCHAZTOH9A

hey at least its not PWR BTTM who's entire gimmick is
>DUDE WERE GAY LMAO

What do you expect.
Thats the sad part. :^(

I stand corrected. However young gay people in North America would never listen to Kate Bush.
Besides one of her more accessible songs.

pic related
dumb frogposter

my personal essential gaycore

umm, no, shut up
you're a straight white male but I'm not saying straight white men only listen to the chainsmokers

this even though female-fronted pop is cool

gay artists attract gay audiences tho, especially if it's particularly relatable through the lyrics
like Frank Ocean and Sufjan Stevens for example.

dumb tripfag

Yes they would. The music's inherently really fucking gay, eccentric and feminine. Thats not to say there arent straight people who might enjoy and appreciate it.

I'm not from NA, but I know lots of young gay people who likes Kate. Including myself, since I'm 17.
There are gays who like good music too.

>muh nu-male
>muh neo-music

b-but you're only supposed to like lady gaga and lana del reY?????????

obvious answer

I can't tell if this is serious or not

LMAO XDDDDDD

>underage
hmhmhm

Thanks for the enlightenment boyos

Cocteau Twins - Discography

Gay men aren't nu-male, bisexuals are

I do like some of Gaga's songs, The Fame Monster especially, but Lana is pretty boring.

my personal 80s gaycore would be

>disco generally

>Soft Cell( Non-Stop and Art of Falling Apart are masterpieces)

>Bronski Beat

>Visage(ditto for The Anvil)

>Frankie!(their gloriously tasteless record sleeves are almost as good as their songs)

I like this

I don't like these

I like these

I like Fleet Foxes, Sufjan Stevens, TPAB, Sunbather, Vampire Weekend, and Arcade Fire, and that FJM album was alright

I like this

I like this

Forgot to add that I I'm gay, ama

Those digits can be something special. "Queen" to me was a really weak single. I might listen to that and his new album because I liked the collaboration he did with Cate Le Bon and the praise must be somewhat warranted.

do you like death grips

Buying into political agendason a Vietnamese Paper Mache image board.

This is the ultimate gay pleb filter

u want sum dick

second gay person here
or bi to be redundantly specific
and I really do love the death grips meme band

Can anyone rec me more music like Hunx and his Punx or PWR BTTM? Like that style of music?

They're alright

I already have some, thanks

When did you realize you were gay?

Whatever you fags listen to

>putting Wildflower on this chart

illfightyou

Dare - Human League

Probably this

>tfw straight but listen to mostly girly feminine sounding music
>make chart every week for the chart threads
>literally looks like a hipster teenage girls chart

>music's inherently really fucking gay

Anything from Marina and the Diamonds

Post a chart senpai

how dare a band made up of gay dudes be gay and play music for gays

STEP ASIDE KEKS,
>Disco
>eurodance
>hi NRG
>italo disco
>Chicago house

Obligatory

Nothing wrong with that, however when you constantly use and mention your sexuality for indie cred, popularity and to compensate for lack of musical talent it gets pretty lame

Btw you got played, one of the dudes from PWR BTTM bangs women

but like 99% of straight male musicians spend their time talking about women in some way or another which is really them going on about their sexuality in a way

neither of them are dudes i think
i know liv's a trans woman and i think ben is non-binary? i'm not sure
but just because you bang women doesn't mean you don't bang dudes

They're a self proclaimed LGBT band. Also, Stephen Merrit is just a blackpilled gay dude.

>using their sexuality for indie cred and popularity

they just play gay songs for gay people, which people liked, which became popular because people like it. they wouldve gotten exposure no matter what they played because theyre part of Bard college indie rock scene thats blown up a few worse groups out there like diet cig or whatever. its the politics of being a band on the east coast

you sound like you just dont like that theyre so open about how gay they are. which is why they do it, its not for the conservative or repressed, its ridiculous and fun

wow 1 out of 4 or 5? people who tour with the duo that is pwr bttm isnt gay, my world is crushed, i got rused into believing they were my gay heroes but i was lied to!

KFA Twigs, PC Music in general actually

Belle and Sebastian too

Arthur Russell was gay and fairly important in post disco/NYC Kitchen scene of the late 70s-80s
his music is odd but can be really twee lyrically
he's not gaycore per say, just one of the most respectable and awesome of his time

i would but ok
she's more of an icon in the uk
soft cell definitely, i know a few gay guys into OMD and Yaz/Yazoo too if they're into that sort of thing
this isn't that accurate
it's literally just vindicated-core
yeah if people know who he is

queer rap is pretty essential

>Cakes da Killa
>Mykki Blanco
>Zebra Katz

also

>Peaches

No gay, but I exclusively listen to female music only. If the lead singer isn't female I don't bother listening to it.

DON'T BE A DRAG, JUST BE A QUEEN

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS SLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
KWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

EVERYONE LETS GET IN FORMATION (1000000000000 princess and lemon emojis)

you shut the fuck up Whitesnake is awesome

how dare you say Queen was weak

Can't believe I have to be the one to post this

There's something going on with how pissed dudes on the internet get at Beyonce fans saying slang words, but idunno what it is. Like, they just randomly remember that Beyonce has fans and get pissed.

It's not that she has fans, it's how the hardcore ones who think she's a goddess act and talk that is just annoying as shit.

Ten of the last ten times I've read or heard someone saying "YAS SLAY QUEEN" have been dudes mad that Beyonce fans supposedly say this.

depeche mode

Well do you tend to be around people who are annoyed by Beyonce fanatics or the fanatics themselves more often?

this

I don't know why you care
isn't the world full of annoying shit
is this a central part of your emotions

Not even the guy that did it, you're the one(s) obsessing over it in the first place. It's something people do, just like some people make fun of conservatives and some people make fun of liberals, some people make fun of Beyonce fans because they're an easy and obnoxious target.

umm

i want a Sup Forumstant to play with my boipussy!

but i do! :3

literally listening to this right now ahahaha

Classical music

bi user here. i gravitate towards some classic gay-core (Kate bush, xiu xiu, frank ocean, bowie, etc) but I also find a lot of sexual affirmation in just about anything genderbent or amorphous. anything from Lil B to royal trux, loren connors, oneohtrix point never, grouper, fennesz, brian eno, or galaxie 500 seems to do it for me. lots of good gay energy

where are all of my shoegays at