Asked my mom "do i disappoint you?"

asked my mom "do i disappoint you?"
all she said after a minute of thinking was "yes..." i hoped she would say more, or maybe something nice. but all she said next was "well, its my bed time, i better go."

TL;DR: why doesnt my mom feel proud of me?

Because you're a frogposter which is basically like wearing a rageface shirt in public

Dude you asked your mom if you disappoint her. If you gotta ask, you probably disappoint more than just her

OP here
i work 25 hours a week at an exhausting job 4 days a week. and on my free days im at school getting a degree that i dont want, but work twords just so my family will be proud of me. i have depression and insomnia that are starting to take controll of my life. i dont know what to do any more. cant move out, cant kill myself, and cant see a silver lining.

because she's a bad mom, OP if you have a dog and you raise it and this dog bites, barks at everything then you are shitty trainer the dog is not bad. If you failed to meet your moms expectations its because she's a shitty mom (trainer) to blame you for something you had no control over is a testimate to her training skills.

You were born so that your mom could get a free ride in life and not have to work as hard. Aww will hold you back time to go.

I joined to navy and left all that shit behind.

listen here my guy, don't expect to get approval from everyone you know and once your life starts to revolve around begging for approval, you know you gon have some hard time for yourself

on the flip side, my dad who i dont live with is proud of me. and doesn't care if i go to college. im sacrificing so much for my mother's side of the family for approval. after all they're the ones that left me 30k for college.

Im telling you what you don't see is your mom using you as bargaining chips to slowly kill your dad. Thats the whole point she had you, she can be a bitch and make money and hurt your dad.

thats how woman think.

See a psychiatrist. Imagine they were proud already. Would you have a job and be going to school? No. That's shitty dude.

You (and me)browse Sup Forums, do you really need to ask?

OP once you move out the recovery phase will happen, you are depressed because you are in a poisonous environment.

btw how old are you.

honestly the poeple on Sup Forums are more down to earth and have had their own issues to share to help others. yall dont bs nearly as much as others

mom and dad divorced when i was 2, they really dont talk much and child support is long gone

i know i need to see one, but i just dont have time. and when i do i cant seem to get out of bed. all i want to do anymore is sleep

Thats sounds about right I'm 27 now and have my own place, miles away from my mom.

Your mom is reaching a point in her life where no man wants to fuck her, its called hitting the wall. She used to be able to pull amazing men (your dad) with her looks but not anymore. So she takes it out on you by telling you your wasting your time in school, or what have you done all day. Woman do this because they want everyone to feel shit with them.

One thing I used to do was think about how killing myself would impact the family, because you have not lived by yourself you don't understand that there is more to life then dealing with shitty people. Once you move out you will feel that dead inside felling leave.

Take a trip to Thailand and fuck as many young skinny hoes as you can.

i get plenty of pussy from my GF, and i do see the better things in life. more than anything im dealing with weight of a large portion of my family's expectations of me. and to tell you how big my family is i have 4 parents and 11 grand parents.

Fuck you! You over priviledged worthless burger piece of shit!

37.5 hours is a minimum work week where I come from and here after all that, we still have free time to do fun stuff with family, study, take care of the kids etc.

No wonder that no one is proud of you if you can't even manage less. Then you come to Sup Forums and complain "hurr durr, look at me I have a depression because life is too easy and I still do nothing really, then wonder why mommy is not proud of me".

Normally would tell you to kys but that would dissapoint everyone in your family. Clearly the problem is all in your head so go to get your brain fixed by a shrink and start living and stop being a robot, you faggot millenial piece of shit.

Harsh but you really needed to hear that, user.

What are your families expectations?

what job/degree? maybe she has a legitimate reason to be disappointed

You need to actually fucking accomplish something before anyone can be proud of you for anything.

go to college get a MBA and eventually move to some city sitting at a desk all day. i know it doesnt sound like a grand plan, but i just want to open a deli, or manage one of my local grocery stores.

Check'm

working on A.A. in business admin transferring into business program at UF

I would be dissapointed with you too. I had a kid to take care of while working 60+ hours a week and going to school in the evenings. You're lazy

im not looking for anyone to be proud of me. i just dont want to disappoint. i want to do honest work, raise a family, and retire old, and die even older.

Here's the thing. You are never going to retire, you will be lucky if you get to the point of old and you can't force people to not be dissapointed.

i cant even argue against that. i know im lazy, i wish i had that kind of motivation, but every time i try to make a life change nothing sticks. i stay stuck in the same spot.

So you've been in college for 2 years and you mom said you disappointed her....

let me tell you a secret nothing you do will ever be good enough. NOTHING if you get your MBA, then she will be disappointed because you're not married, if you get married she will be disappointed because you don't have kids, if you have kids she will disappointed because you don't have a good enough car.

The reason your dad left when you were 2 is because your mom (no disrespect) is a shitty person. She will keep on adding shit to her list of stuff to make you feel like shit.

nothing you do will ever be enough. just do you fuck them.

then so be it. ill die young. either way all i want is family, something of my own.

ask her would it be better if you were gone.

i used to be the same way, working towards a degree for a career i wasnt suited for. best advice i could give you is to enlist. spend 4 years traveling and finding the career you actually want

Just get use to dissapointment. I been working for 30 years and everytime you think you are ahead. You get a medical bill, or a car breaks down, or a kid needs braces. If you are this concerned over your mom being dissapointed in you, you need to toughen up man.

yeah i can see that and i know once i move out things will be better for me and my mom. i moved out of my dads and things got so much better afterwords. but as of now me and my girlfriend are trying to move out and we just dont make enough money. we are ~$400 short of being even able to consider signing a lease.

Cuz she hasn't seen your dick yet faggot

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

my dad actually did the same thing when he was my age. i wanted to do it when i was in highschool, but now i cant imagine being away from my father's side of the family. he has always been 30 minutes away

its not just my mom. kind of everyone else associated with my mom

Subtle troll is subtle. If not, you need to kill yourself. Real people don't give a shit what their parents think and live their own life.

Dude, you see a psychiatrist once a month in the beginning then once every 3-6 months after maybe 3 sessions and they found the right prescription. You sleeping 4-5 extra hours in free time is a short fix for what a doctor could do to fix your life. You're here because your life sucks, so you're going to wake up tomorrow and do the exact same shit? The fuck? Change

i love my family so much and cant imagine life without them. but they put alot of pressure on things that i dont want for myself

I remember back when I was a kiss less virgin my mom would talk endless shit about me being a loser, my virginity was fucking obvious and she played on that, then I got a girlfriend at 23 and lost it and started having sex regularly, THEN it turned into I don't want these dirty hoes in my house, why can't you be a man and get a nice girl.

I thought me being a virgin was the problem now that I'm having sex you hate me more? woman are fucking retarded bro. I would tell you to move out but you can't your fucked,

when you mom saying shit like what have you done all day say something smart. Have fun at your moms expense this is how you will rebuild your spirit.

Her: you haven't done shit all day,

You: guess it must be a shitty day.

Well your mom is going to be around like minded people. Just get use to it. I'm not like the rest of these young Faggots and am going to tell you that your mom is wrong. Maybe you are a huge piece of shit. Either toughen up, give up, or work to meet her standards.

dont let that hold you back. I let that kind of thing hold me back until I was 22. I was just wasting time at home, getting away for awhile was the best decision. Got to travel constantly, meet bitches and got on a career track i actually can say that I enjoy

Doctors arnt there to fix lives. People who go to psychiatrists are paying to have someone listen to them bitch. It's sad.

i already went to a doctor for my sleep, and she didnt listen to me. she gave me meds for a symptom that isnt there and dismissed all i said. i need to re schedule, the insomnia is the worst part honestly

psychiatrists can perscribe drugs to help with mental illnesses. psycologists are the people that youre thinking of. ive been to two seperate ones and neither helped. i need drugs

once i move out i think ill be able to give up

will start using that

Let me introduce you to Tyrone, he stands under some sneakers hanging from a powerline. Maybe the kid just needs some mellow. I didn't start smoking till I was like 28. I started cause of my stressful job, stressful life, and lack of outlet for frustration and anger. Punching bags wernt working, hobbies didn't help. But man the weed takes the edge off. Guess it didn't help that I don't drink either.

Naw they give drugs that change your perception of reality and hormone levels. You don't have to say shit about your life to get the drugs, just, I'm not happy and I can't sleep, gimme gimme

See someone else and be either more descriptive or convincing if giving info may lead to a unwanted diagnosis. Only you know you but only they know the drug for a specific ailment. So talk carefully

My mom was a overbearing controlling cunt. She use to control me morning to night, had me go to college, work long hours, convinced me to quit jobs I like and take higher paying ones I dont. One day, I said I was done with her shit and I left. 5-6 months go by, they had no way to contact me and then one day, I accidently bumped into my dad at a store, we said some formalities and he asked me to help him move a couch. I havnt had a problem with my mother since. I think she was scared of the alienation or fear of missing out on her grandsons life. Not saying to try this, but ribbing the umbilical chord out of her hands and cutting it worked for me. To this day I still hate that cunt.

to be honest i can't do this yet because i'm still dependent on my parents as a safety net, but the day I start making real money and know my future is 100% secure I will start making their lives hell. Don't get me wrong I will give them all the money they need and extra as gifts, but I will abuse the fuck out of them and become completely unfiltered, just like they were with me.

I hold the control now because I hold the money, isn't that right?

Then your gonna live there forever. Nothing is secure, nothing is 100%.

I don't live with my parents I'm not OP. But I have relied on them when my money's run short and I needed food.

What I meant by secure I guess was become proficient enough in a trade that I can 90% assume there will always be a job for me wherever I go

I would recommending seeing a counselor/psychologist at your school. Talking helps. It takes some time to get there, but it does.

If you feel college won't be worth it, don't go for it. You will just be accumulating a load of debt that you will have to eventually pay off.

Best of luck, user.