Yfw this guy ends up being the best part of Suicide Squad

yfw this guy ends up being the best part of Suicide Squad

I haven't seen him be good in anything except Spartacus.

>Jai Courtney
>ever being good

Jack Reacher

did you somehow not see his haircut?

>Jai Courtney
>the best part of anything

That's like saying the elevator music is the best part of a trip to the dentist.

he's not a bad actor, he's just been shoehorned into playing the most generic meathead characters of all time

>no lines

You're right.

He works as a punchline and a comedic character. The character just being a bogan cunt. That said, at times it was like they didn't know how to write him.

Like, moments that work:

When he manipulates Slipknot to test if the neck bombs are real, like a piece of shit. Also, when Flagg gives a heroic pep talk to the group at the bar near the end, he breaks the control unit for their bombs and says they're free to leave if they want. Of course, Boomerang immediately grabs a beer and runs - he's the only one.

But at other times he just acts normal for no reason:

Like comforting Deadshot after Harley and Joker seemingly die. Or rejoining the squad after running from the bar - there's literally no reason the character would have to come back. He doesn't even have a heroic return, he just joins the line-up shot as they're on the streets.

huh interesting. could be due to the reshoots?

what did you think of the movie

So like the books?

Spartacus.

There did seem to be a lot of little additions from reshoots - to add gags or little jokes mainly. You could tell where it happened, like a scene would play out and 'now it's time for a skit.'

It wasn't that offensive though. The movie was fun. The story was simple to follow, like Deadpool earlier in the year - it's an exceedingly simple mission that's half taken up by backstory. I liked the design of Enchantress and Incubus' powers and the monsters they create.

Joker wasn't as cringeworthy as I was expecting. Part of him delivers on the promise of Nicholson's Joker - a gangster prince of crime with machine guns and lackeys who will fuck you up (Nicholson was a gangster, but all he ever did as Joker was ruin art). But, Leto acts like a memelord teenager trying to be Ledger and it doesn't work. So I guess, poorly acted but well directed character?

>Leto acts like a memelord teenager trying to be Ledger and it doesn't work. So I guess, poorly acted but well directed character?

interesting way to put it, now im curious on seeing it

what'd you think of the other performances

how much katana t & a shots

>there's literally no reason the character would have to come back
His name is Boomerang, bruh.

Godammit. That explains it all.

I'm not even joking

I predicted that. Jai has been shit in so much in recent years he has to get a home run sooner or later, and Boomerang is such a fucking weirdo character he can ham it up as much as he likes.

>I predicted that.

To think someone would give this much of a fuck

THIS IS KUTANA

>tfw varro will never be buddies with you at the ludus

>Boomer comforting someone
>Boomer caring about anything after the bombs are gone

That's pretty much as out of character as you can go for him. An extremely defining trait of his is him being a tremendously awful human being. He even released the Reverse Flash of all people, entirely out of the ego of wanting to know if he's successful in the future.

they should do the pie-throwing angle in the next movie

yeah, i was wondering they the joker was in this movie since capt boomerang is the squads definitive psychopath