Why is Sparklehorse so underappreciated? The only time they got any real attention was when Mark Linkous killed himself...

Why is Sparklehorse so underappreciated? The only time they got any real attention was when Mark Linkous killed himself. This is one of my most favorite albums period.

I agree this album is awesome and very underrated.

Gold Day has to be one of the saddest songs I've ever heard

>dude mumble indie lmao

kys

Saddest? I find it to be extremely uplifting.

I agree, I'd say he's fairly well known and appreciated, If you're looking for artists like Sparklehorse check out eels you'd probably like Marks Everett music.

I gave Electro-shock blues a listen, thank you for your recommendation.

it's pretty good mumble indie tho

Hey user, I love his music. He's definitely one of my favorite artists. I don't mind that not many people talk about him here tho.
I really love his music, and I like the fact that many of his songs give me some really nostalgic feels.

It's fucking art. I heard of him through a recc thread on here a while back, and he's one of my favorites now. I fucking hate that he did what he did, but it's fitting and poetic for who he is and his music really reflects his mindset in such subtle ways. The lyrics, the mixing, and the fucking HARMONY he brings to the table with these songs. He was a fucking master of the craft, way ahead of his time. He walks the fine line between 'simple' and 'complex.' Some songs can use a simple beat or chord, but it all builds into itself so fucking well, it's incredible. When he does get experimental and mixes, it's just as fucking good. Don't Take My Sunshine Away is just incredible with that mix at the end. I seriously can't gush enough about him. The fact that he isn't talked about here is probably a good thing, since it's genuinely fantastic music.

Nah man, I think Gold Day is one of the most positive songs on the album. Sea of Teeth on the other hand hits me in the feels way too hard every single time.

>get recommended Sparklehorse in a 5x5 thread
>download discography, listen to it all
>"oh shit this is amazing"
>find out later that Mark has killed himself
>listen to the albums again and get even more feels

STARS WILL ALWAYS HANG
ON SUMMER'S BLEEDINGS FANGS

SEAS FOREVER BOIL
TRESS WILL TURN TO SOIL

Sparklehorse's songs give me such feels. They really give me that nostalgic feel.

Oops, I made a typo, I meant In summer's bleeding fangs. I typed the lyrics in uppercase because I love them , but it's not like they're actually yelled lol
Also, all of you fellas that said that you love Sparklehorse, you're my bros.

everything you just said here is so 100% correct

I met a drummer on that album before, he owned a thrift store that eventually shut down (pretty sure he smoked pot in it) and now he posts serious-faced selfies on facebook and shares pro-democrat/anti-republican posts pretty often.

Thanks to OP for making this thread, just started listening to him recently, and while i'm not crazy about a lot of the production, especially on the later stuff, the songs shine through-he was so brilliant and he seemed to have an intuitive sense of how to put a song together.

nice anecdote lol
what's wrong with the production?