Does money buy happiness? I need an explanation on why it does/doesn't

Does money buy happiness? I need an explanation on why it does/doesn't.

The best things in life truly are free,
But to position yourself to receive or achieve most of those things does require money.

Money is simply a byproduct of work ethic and intelligence. You my friend have full control over at least one of those things

I hate this question more than anything. Money doesnt buy happiness. But it buys freedom. If youre so rich that you dont have to worry about money youre doing pretty well.

No but it can buy cool stuff like a car and a hooker

A-ha haha ethics!

user is right in part. Being rich enough gives you the flexibility to do what you want which in turn should bring you happiness.

It buys you Oxycodone.
So yeah

It can open more opportunities that lead to happiness, but there are many more factors involved

money doesn't buy happiness, but not having it fucks your life so deep in the ass it can be hard to be happy without it.

This

you should have enough money so you can experience things you want like a vacation outside your country, have basic essentials and provide for family, not so you can have more things you don't really need.

Having family/friends who you can spend time with is a very important thing in life. Money gives you the power to do whatever you want to do, and that is important you, who wouldnt like to do the thing you want to do or have the things you want to have.
Both are important to have a pretty life.
I am a fucking poorfag, i have friends but i have no cash. I dont really know what is to dream something and then making it real (having a car, a good house, travelling, etc.)
So yes, in my own personal experience, money buy hapiness

ROFL @ taking this picture if you're not a fucking rapper.

My grandfather was wealthy but it was never enough, he ended up dying at work.
My Dad is the same and my brother is the same.

I work as a nurse not for the money but to help people when they need it the most and that's worth more to me than money, I kind of got disowned for not being a doctor but I have everything I need and I get to spend time with friends and family my dad is just surrounded by sycophants and yes men so I'm definitely happier...

Depends on the measure and speed you acquire it. If unethical it may weigh on your conscience more than the measure of pleasure rendered by higher income, if too speedy it might alienate you from your friends.

It can buy a motorbike so yes

>and that is important you
I was meant to say and that is important too, sorry

Might just as well get a tattoo you human trash.

money buys guns and ammo, and you can use that to kill niggers, therefor. Money does buy happiness

me and the other goys found a positive linear relationship between shekels and happiness!

they say money isn't what life's all about...

but I'd rather learn that lesson with than without...

Pretty much this. We can all argue whether money buys happiness itself, but having no money is the root of a lot of unhappiness in the world.

Money chasers don't care about ethics (drug dealers, bankers, gold diggers) they just want money it's places before anything else and they justify it with "if it wasn't me some one else would"

money affords you to do whatever you please.

if you dont know how to be happy money buys you the therapy or the time

no, but it buys freedom and freedom leads to happiness.

idk man I've met some pretty cool and ethical drug dealers

No, it doesn't but it makes life manageble until you die.

money rules the world, without money you are nothing

manageable

No you met some hippy's that sell a bit of weed

Money buys the things that make you happy.

this.

that's pretty accurate, but they also sold, shrooms, lsd, and dmt.

David Lee Roth once said, "Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a big enough boat that you can sail right up against it."

Up to a point, money does buy happiness and to say otherwise is deluded.

Like for example it can't buy you genuine love/friendship yadda yadda but how many people would want to be your friend if you can't afford to shower?

Also try to be happy when your stomach has been empty for 3 days.

i dont think anyone would stop worrying about money if they got more, the more money you have the less relaxed are you about this

Because you can be a no friend loser loner, depression, and have all the money in the world and still want to die

But I bet they wouldn't sell heroin or crack because... ethics

/thread and this is my life. quads gets 10k straight up, if i get it im gonna give it to ASPCA

Live below your means, do what you love to do and money will follow, just focus your energy on what you are good at.

Started following that motto (basically Warren buffet said this) and it was true. I make enough to live (food housing, bills, savings etc) and enough to live life (vacations, trips, investments, buying certain things that make life easier). For me magic number was round 55k a year.

"I'm definitely happier..."
says the man who suffers from Crippling depression, who only find meaning to hes existence, through the suffering of others.