Can we finally admit that this guy was NEVER elite and has been piggybacking off of his team his entire career...

Can we finally admit that this guy was NEVER elite and has been piggybacking off of his team his entire career? Even Sam Bradford is better than this piece of trash, and he has a whole lot worse of a running and blocking situation than Rodgers has.
>Inb4 "muh super bowl that one time"
You know who also won a super bowl? Russel Wilson. You know what he's done that Rodgers hasn't done? Gone back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pYW4ZRUI2aE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

Aaron pls

Well, you're wrong.

No.

Puckers absolutely BTFO!

Again, wrong.

No, he was elite. He just isn't anymore. It happens, it's a very natural thing to happen on the nfl.

This game broke him.

No, he was never elite. Every single time he's played with an elite team and elite play calling around him. He never has to play from behind and panics when he does. Whenever he goes up against good defenses, he loses his shit and has sub 80 yard games. This has been consistent throughout his career, and now that he doesn't have an elite team surrounding him, he's getting exposed af.

tl;dr: you're an idiot.

He's playing like a man with the weight of a huge closet on his shoulders.

Arron Rodgers has a top 5 Passer Rating in postseason history.

To put that in perspective, Tom Brady is only #15 in Playoff passer rating and Brett Favre is #18.
This is despite the fact both of those guys got carried by much better teams in their playoff appearances.

>never had to play from behind
>literally is the reigning HAIL MARY! champion of the NFL
do you even watch this sport?

>Every single time he's played with an elite team and elite play calling around him. He never has to play from behind
Are you talking about Rodgers or Brady?

Rodgers is working with a complete mess of a team, and I don't know how anyone can say the Packers have good playcalling. Despite this, Rodgers is dropping 300+ yard multi TD games every week. There are a lot of things wrong with the Packers this season, but Rodgers is definitely not one of them. He is just about the only thing that's working for them. His receivers need an MVP-level Rodgers to carry them and make them look good.

So you base him not being good on not having enough comeback victories? Since 2011 he has thrown fewer than 9 interceptions a season, and has thrown fewer than 11 interceptions in every season besides his first as a starter. He's had some incredibly clutch throws even in the last 2 seasons when he hasn't been as effective. He's had some seasons where he was easily the best qb in football, including his first mvp season where he posted a ridiculous 45 touchdowns to 6 picks on 69% completion percentage. He's one of the best qbs at evading pressure in the pocket
>muh elite team
He's had so many garbage o-lines and hardly any running game for so many years
I know you're a hater and probably a shitty troll, and it's obvious he's not quite as good as he used to be but there's no shame in saying he was as good as a qb could really be for a good 5 seasons.

>Tom and Brett
>Carried by better teams
Fucking what? Go bait somewhere else.

>A one TD deficit
>Playing from behind
Pick one. Also, the fact that he has so many successful hail Mary's proves that it's his team surrounding him, not him being a good passer.

>Rodgers is working with a complete mess of a team
Stopped reading there. Sorry, but I have no time for delusional fans.

then he should get out of that closet

Literally "Aaron Rodgers could win the super bowl as the only player and coach on the team" the post.

He doesn't throw unless his receivers are at least 10 yards apart from everyone else, which he can make happen seeing as how his o-line and receivers always bail him out. If after 8 seconds there's still no receivers 10 yards open, he'll try to run it, since he knows he would be picked off anyway (which he normally is). If there's nowhere to run, he'll take the sack or throw it away. These aren't hard throws he's giving up on. He can't make the throws that elite QB's in this league can make.

Why am I even explaining this to someone who would call an o-line that gives him 7+ seconds PER PLAY garbage? Just your typical delusional Packers fan.

You realize Brady has played like 24 or whatever career playoff games? It's almost like 2 seasons worth of games, just in the playoffs. Now, the thing about the playoffs is it usually involves good fucking teams, so naturally QB rating is gonna be hard to put up a 300 yard game and 4 TD like the regular season when you're trying to make mistake free playoff football work. So considering he goes up against good defenses, his sample size is big enough to have a relativley lower QBR.

joe flacco had that one playoff run where he was amazing, but nobody considers him very good cause it was one fucking season and a small sample size

retard

>every team he's played for his elite
>his receivers were always elite, they have long and continued success after they leave the packers
>he's always had an elite RB
>elite as FUCK OL with consistent prob owlers protecting him
>always with the elite TE's
>defense: fucking stacked, consistently one of the top in the league

Holy shit kill yourself

Yeah, ok

So you either don't watch football, are an irrational and angry man, or a bad troll.
Oh, and I'm not a packers fan. I'm a fan of the team that btfo him last night.

>"I swear! He's elite, which makes my team even MORE elite!"
Gtfo

While Rodgers was actually good last night, and that wasn't my point, I also admitted he hasn't been as good as he used to be these last 2 seasons.

>His receivers go to teams where they can't get bailed out by other receivers
Holy shit you're dumb
>An elite running game is important
Holy shit you're dumb
>Using the pro bowl as a means of deciphering talent
Holy shit you're dumb
>Elite TE's are important
Holy shit you're dumb
>Whenever his defense does poor, Rodgers still comes out on top... Oh, wait, that's never happened
HOLY SHIT YOU'RE DUMB!

It's true that he's actually kind of a choker. Never won from behind, etc. Definitely talented but I see him mostly as an era babby.

And if Rodgers had the defense he's had the past couple of years, that game would have been 24-14, if not with Rodgers scoring more. He did well against the Redskins because he still has stellar wide receivers surrounding him against a mediocre at best defense. If the Packers D was what it was 2 years ago, he would have padded the fuck out of those stats. Maybe even would have had a 500+ yard game.

He had that two year span where he was god tier. Escaping the pocket and throwing bullets to the sideine type shit. Hes in a huge decline. Doesnt help his defense is 2015 Bears tier, giving up 50 a game.

Munn really fucked his shit up.

This thread is gay

If this thread had a gender, it would really really like threads of the opposite gender.

Damn, I guess Wilson IS elite.

Over a 4 game losing streak Rodgers is averaging 300+ yards, 3 TDs, and a 102 rating

His defense is giving up and average of 38 points. 38

He lead the team in rushing twice in that span and was 10 yards or less under the leader in the other two. 10 weeks into the season and the team has 0 rushing TDs by anyone not named Aaron Rodgers.

They don't even have any true #1 WR. Jordy Nelson has clearly lost a step and is mostly just a red zone threat due to sheer talent. They have not selected an offensive skill position player in rnd 1 SINCE RODGERS HIMSELF WAS DRAFTED.

Don't give me the bullshit that Rodgers is the weak link. Rodgers is the entire team at this point

>Falcons
>Colts
>Titans
>Redskins

>Don't give me the bullshit that Rodgers is the weak link. Rodgers is the entire team at this point

Not an argument

I agree with OP who was actually joking that Matt Stafford is the superior QB. He's just stuck in Detoilet.

Being the Packers QB means you have a whole nation of fans to support you and some of the best front office people to put weapons around you every year.

Being the Lions QB means you have to eat reheated turkey and watch the team lose 10 games a year.

Even for another slap-dick franchise like the Chiefs or Bears Stafford would have been much better of a QB and would have been able to shine in the playoffs.

There are tons of guys who stayed loyal to Detroit who we will never quite know how good they were because the team was so terrible.

Calvin Johnson, Barry Sanders, Billy Sims, Alex Karras were amazing but they aren't mentioned in the GOAT talks because of Detroit.

>Packers vs Colts
23/43, with 297 yards, 3 Touchdowns and 1 Interception, and put up 43 rushing yards averaging 7.2 per attempt. 0 fumbles.

>Packers vs Falcons
28/38, with 246 yards and 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Put up 60 rushing yards averaging 10 per attempt. 0 fumbles.

>Packers vs Titans
31/51, with 371 yards, 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions, put up 27 rushing yards averaging 9 per attempt. 0 fumbles.

>Packers vs Redskins
26/41, with 351 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 0 interceptions, put up 33 rushing yards averaging 11 per attempt. 1 Fumble.

Go ahead and tell me how these are terrible numbers, and that it's completely Aaron Rodgers fault that the defense allowed each of them to put up 30+ points, especially in the Redskins and Falcons games where Rodgers threw 0 interceptions, and he only had one fumble in the Redskins game.

You're listing a bunch of examples that doesn't show Rodgers being the weakest link.

yeah hes amazing, certainly E1337

I stopped posting here regularly when I realized football discussions are just mindless quarterback banter. It's an easy way to tell Sup Forums doesn't know what they are talking about when it comes to football.

I feel dumber from reading this post

I like the theory that deflategate killed Rodgers because he used to fuck with the balls but now that they're being more closely monitored, he sucks.

This is troll thread. This guy not trill

He's playing from behind in lots of those. The offense starts off terrible and they have to throw a lot.

Rodgers has plays like this nearly every game. You can say he has too much trigger discipline. You can say he is a poor leader. But it there is no way to say he wasn't/isn't one of the best to ever play the game.

aaron rodgers is really, really excellent. im always impressed with his ability to escape pressure

OP confirmed for knowing nothing about the NFL and football in general

>Stellar wide receivers
>Adams
>Cobb
>Devante Fucking Adams
>Stellar
What games are you watching?

>Here's 4 games you lost
How does this counter his argument in any way?

The point about the run game has already been made. Rogers can't do anything about that. And playing from behind can also be due to the fact that the Packers secondary is basically the average Sup Forumserg pulled off the street and thrown in the game.

Rule changes led to higher passer ratings.

Look at Brady's stats 2007-present. Favre got brutalized and can barely even remember his name.

>Deficit
>not behind
Pick one u fucking literal autist

youtube.com/watch?v=pYW4ZRUI2aE

>not elite

Elite? No

Top tier yes

He's proven he can't carry a team.

Name any elite QBs that are carrying their teams.

The only qualification being: the team around said QB is devoid of any talent and they still make the playoffs.

That Favre Super Bowl team was elite in all 3 phases. Hell Favre wasn't even the MVP of the Bowl, it was Desmond Howard.

not really

Aaron Rodgers really really makes people mad

Propped up media darling who went on a hot streak only to go the way of Drew Brees when teams were able to adapt to him but not the other way around.
If he gets into the Hall of Fame, the entire sports writing industry can get on their knees.

Did you even watch football before this season? Literally last year Aaron was carrying his team to the wildcard WITHOUT his "number 1" "stellar" WR Nelson. He had to deal with Adams dropping every other pass and even relied on those god-tier hail Mary's but at some point trying his heart out blew out the last enthusiasm he had left.