Robot Wars

Any of you guys watched some of the new season yet?
Also wasn't sure whether this belonged in Sup Forums , /m/ or here but Sup Forums is a good enough start.
Also general robot wars / battlebots thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1Qshmas6VfA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I saw the first episode, the battle sequences were a bit confusing, the same four robots fought each other like five times in the final

Sad face that Razer got pitted.
Always sucks to see the superior robot lose.

MATCH RIGGED AGAINST THOR

How else you gonna make every bot fight each other

Match rigging is rampant.

Let's how Carbide can beat the house

>that snarky Irish redhead cohost

I don't know who she is but she does it for me 2bh

>thor magically not moving after a single push despite surviving way stronger impacts
Almost makes me curious if you could bring a signal jammer to the control room

Angela was my waifu way before Robot Wars. Back off

Was the Foxic guy legitimately autistic?

>mocks the qt presenter
>trash talks the competition
>attacks the house robots
>has a shit robot and comes dead last

There's a live thread just about every week

he did seem 100% acting on impulse

his flipper couldn't flip for shit and could only ever be used as a door wedge

Here's a Robogames match where he talks shit about Sewer Snake right before getting his ass kicked.

youtu.be/1Qshmas6VfA

The new format isn't as good as the old one (I miss Craig), but it's still fine. I was braced for a shit numale robot wars, but it's still mainly fighting. The packaging around the edges is annoying sometimes, but there's little enough of it that it's easy to tolerate.

Also, does anyone know anything about next week's competitors? Specifically, which one is /ourguy/?

I like it, it feels like a new start for robot wars. It's still rough around the edges (almost no background music for example) but I'll give it time to grow into the great show that it once was.

btw,

who /pussycat/ here?

It's alright

Thor should have got through

Big Nipper, Dantomkia, Glitterbomb, King B Remix, Or Te, Overdozer, Supernova, TR2

King B and Dantomkia are two teams that I still remember from the old show

Honestly it's better than I expected. If it holds on for a second series I think it could get pretty good.

I appreciate that he was there. It's like wrestling, people need that one guy to hate.

Our guy

Pussycat was a shit bot with a GOAT driver

Second episode seemed a lot better, curious if they maybe recut some of the group battles as they were less schizo with the cameras than first week.

>mfw my neighbour had a "cameo" in the audience he screenshotted.
>2 pixels big
lel

Kinda underwhelming after the destruction Carbide and Mr Speed Squared caused though.

Spinners are just too flashy.

>really small bot
>no weapon (what flipper where they talking about?)
>gay design
>not fast
>wheels had zero grip
>no strategy

what a fag

tfw I found out that the GOAT driver of pussycat died in a motorcycle crash. They should hire Th o(u)r guy as their new driver...

Underwhelming? Fact is that hammer thing could REK internals.

I think they must have. I'm 99% sure people would have complained.

Visually underwhelming is what I meant. The axe wrecked shit and the guy was a great driver but spinners do much more crowd pleasing, visual damage.

Why did he swap out this? Or go for a Shunt/Dominator 2 style diamond-tipped point?

>ywn live in a cage in Angela Scanlon's dressing room, waiting silently for her to return from filming Robot Wars, drag you out of the cage on a leash, spit in your mouth and force you to worship her feet and boots before she whips you to within an inch of your life

why even live?

I just about remember two of those teams, though they weren't particularly great.

Chaos2/Hypnodisc/BiggerBrother when?