Be me

> Be me
> 22 yr old K/V
> Live with single Dad, divorced in tiny two room flat
> Both sisters have moved overseas, I'm basically the only family he has left
> Spend most weekends home with him, we usually split a box of beer and watch some sports, maybe play with our dog
> Occasionally go to my friends house for some vidya on the weekends

> Couple weeks ago meet girl at party
> Hit it off
> Get her number
> Organize to take her out to dinner
> My first ever date
> Fast forward to date night, Dad asks me "Are you staying home tonight or going to your friends?"
> Say I'm going out for dinner
> Asks me why I'm going out to dinner
> Say I have a date
> He looks at me kinda funny, says he's gonna go to the store for some wine
> I start getting changed for my date, put on my best shirt, fanciest cologne, try to do my hair nice
> Dad comes in my room, strange look on his face, kinda half happy, half sad
> Gives me $300, says "Be a gentleman tonight and show her a good time"
> Goes to leave my room
> Pauses at the door, looks back and says "You're a good boy, you've never given me any trouble"

> Fast forward to date
> I'm sitting waiting in restaurant
> Get a txt from girl
> "I'm so sorry user but I'm not interested, I just have a problem saying no sometimes but I didn't really want to give you my number or go to dinner"

> Don't know what to do
> Eat my meal
> Sleep in my car so Dad thinks I was out all night

> Come home next day
> Dad asks me "How was your date?"
> "It was great Dad, thank you"

Should I give him back the money? $300 is a lot to him, I know he'll probably have a tight few weeks coming up to make up for that but on the other time I don't want to have to admit I got stood up and didn't have a date, he seemed so happy at the news

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1J1Ots2AhiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

Be honest and give the money back. Or, instead give him 250 and buy something nice for him! For giving you this loving oppertunity.

'Because the dates till now, that would not let me down was you dad. And im really greatfull for that. Until the day comes I have a date with someone else, im happy to have ours".

Me again, heck... I've been let down several times. And now I have a wonderfull girl. Because I did not went with the first bitch. (glad to when I look back at it.) Just accept, its absolutely no shame

I spent some of it on my own dinner, there's about $270 left (Little less)

I just haven't seen him that happy for a while he's been in a better mood all week and I don't want to ruin that

Keep it. Try to get a date with another girl, and use the money then. Its what he wanted you to use it for.

If you use that money on yourself, like buying a flashlight or a waifu mousepad youre a piece of shit and you should feel horrible

A combination of these two seem like a good idea, give some money back (Like $100 or so) and say it was a cheap restaurant or that the girl insisted on paying some herself and use the rest to take someone else out

I completely understand. But believe me, sharing how you feel and be honest is worth a fortune. You almost own it the guy because he gave you 300,-.

Each 'No' is closer to a 'Yes' from someone else.

Believe me, he'll be happy when you share this with him.

Haha you can buy 2 hookers for that kind of money and they would even be decent expensive.
maybe you can afford some methamphetamine too and blow it out their asses.

>or just go with one whore and get some coke to snort out of dat hoe

Fleshlight *
I'm on my phone, goddamn autocorrect

Don't give him back the money, but maybe buy a few things around the house without telling him?

I am a piece of shit and feel horrible, I just don't want Dad to know that, I think that he thinks my social life is better than it is and thinks I'm more popular than I am, I don't want to give him reason to doubt that.

Just tell him what happened, I'm sure your old man is happy enough knowing you're not a faggot.

You really want to go down this road? Holding back that much. You said it yourself. He will be having a hard week because of this.
Would you be willing to keep the money, which came from a action of love?

:( Your dad is awesome

Indeed

OP don be so pity on yourself and be egocentric. Give back the money. The old man deserves it after such a nice gesture

give him back the half of the money, use the other half to buy something nice for your dad, but let some time pass before you hand it out to him

This story reminded me of picrelated. Damn. :/

That's harsh OP, but you shouldn't have done that, never lie to your family, even more if it's your dad who's been taking care of you and probably loves you more than anything, should have just drove back to the house, give the money back and he would have offered to buy you stuff with those 300 bucks, but you should decline anyways.

He seems to be a good man and a good father, don't lie to him OP, even if you think it may hurt him, you have to tell the truth, the sooner the better.

youtu.be/1J1Ots2AhiY t

You got a great dad, if it was mine he would probably kick me out of house or try to kill me for liking girls, fuck living in third world

Are you a lesbian or something?

OP you are not scared to hurt him. You are just scared to open up and don't lie for once about your social life. Accept and overcome. Am I right?

No I'm a 27 year old boy

Luckily I'm not that bad but I know exactly how that user feels

I think I'm gonna give him back the money, I might not tell him I got stood up though, I'll try to have the best of both worlds and say we did some free shit like went to a park or something so he's got his money back and he's still proud of me

You have a cool dad. Be honest with him. Buy a box of bear with this money and give him the rest. If u dont have the courage to do it, just leave the money on his bed with a note on top explaining the situation. He'll understand.

So just give the money back OP, tell him the truth and tell him you did it because you didn't wanted to let him down since you saw him so glad, if you say it otherwise he'll think you're gay or wanted to keep the money for yourself and that's horrible, money trouble and family should never mix.

But why your dad would try to do those things then? Isn't it natural to want to date someone? Or there're some fucked up traditions in your country?

Is anyone gonna talk about how OP's image is "Sad Pepe 31"?

Like, OP has 30 other pictures of a sad frog

It's split, half the people are okay with their son and daughter do whatever they like, but then there are people who want to control their sons and daughters because of the whole honor thing, my dad forced me into becoming a mechanic and doing mechanical diploma and he kicked me out of house for coming to home at 11 pm and forced me to leave my friends since they drink alcohol.

Well he sure has the free time to download at least 200 of those

OP here, I'm gonna give him back the money, I'll find some other way to make him proud of me, for real this time

I'm sorry to hear it, user, sounds fucking crazy. You really do have it really tough. My guess is that you're from Middle East?

Give him back the money and tell him the truth. You guys can bro out with beers the pupper all night. He said he's proud because you never give him trouble, not because you got a date. Keep it that way

what and you're above collecting pepes?

I don't really have anything to contribute, other anons have already given good suggestions.

I just wanted to advise you, as weird as it sounds, to enjoy that life. Bitches and kissing and fucking will come eventually, but this time with your dad, it's not forever and eventually the old man will get old. What you write there sounds kinda comfy.

As I moved away from home, and I'm literally working 20 hours a day for nothing, I miss the simple days when I used to live with my dad, taking the dog out for walks, getting midnight pizza, watching tv and cooking, talking about cars and shit, him telling me about whatever books he read. He had a heart attack on NYE, thankfully he's recovering, but...yeah.

Just enjoy all this comfy time, user. In time, things will never be as simple and comfy. Your dad is a bro and your best friend.

You made many mistakes, son.
First off, don't take her out to dinner.
Second, you were probably really needy, so don't do that.

muslim from india and thanks

Do this OP

If you were my kid and not only did you get stood up but lied to me as well, that would be worse than just hearing the truth.

A girl saying no is nothing new. Nothing to be ashamed of. You probably accomplished more than 95% of the neckbearded nerd virgins that troll on here just by asking her out.

Hurts to be rejected, but now that I'm in my 30's and can look back at some of my old dates/girls that dumped me, I'm so glad I wound up with the woman I have now.

I'm above whatever shit OP has going on in his life

Sorry to hear about your Dad user, I hope he gets better soon!

That's tough user, OP should really see his situation from another viewpoint, he shouldn't take his dad for granted.

Hope your dad gets alright even sooner user.

Give him back like $243 or some odd number. Say her dinner wasn't that expensive. To keep up appearances just go out a few times, say you are meeting her at the mall. After a while say it didn't work out, too many differences in interest or some bullshit.

Buy a case of beer and watch sports with bro dad. Have a plenty of fush in the sea conversation.

DO NOT KEEP THE MONEY. Even buying him something with it is BS since he is paying for it with money he would have rather saved.

It will work out user. I was no player and had shitty dates/stood up. Ended up with a 9/10 great girl. Your dad will be happier if your actual gf is actually nice instead of you bringing over bitches.

Give it back and telle him the truth,user. Youre dad is awesome and hidding things to him just will drift you appart. You will feel better... and don't forget there will be a next time !

Cheers friend.

Thank you. I didn't necessarily say he is taking him for granted, but I know that I did, and it was a mistake

I just wish I'd stop disappointing him, I'm such a fucking useless shit.

Your dad is a cool dude, don`t let him down. Do one of the following.

1. Give him some of the money back, like 220. He will think your date went well and so, and that you are trustable because you didn´t spend it all out.

2.Keep the money and invest in yourself. Buy a gym membership, some sort of classes, whatever. He wanted you to have a good time, make sure you put his money to good use and dont spend it on booze or vidya.

3 tell him the truth, give him all his money back, and tell him that you love him

This.

You don't even notice how much your parents do and how much you take for granted untill you move out and have to do it yourself.

My dad and I both collect antique weapons. When I moved out he would call me every other day and talk about the cool stuff he found but couldn't afford. He really missed those talks he said it was "really quiet around the house now that I moved out". Mom is still there and a great wife working her ass off but she doesn't understand his collecting passion.

Give him back 240 or something like that and that's all.

Also don´t worry about what happened. Many girls are bitches, it is not your fault. Focus on improving your life, working out, educating yourself, getting a job. Tell your dad that you want to improve your life and ask him for help. If one of my sons comes to me and says honestly that he wants to improve his life, I would do everything in my power to help him out. Start one thing at the time. Start ging to the gym. Follow a plan and just go. You will get more confidence and it will be easier to find a job and a gf if you are happy with yourself. Or find a job first, and you will see that other aspects in your life will improve. You just have to start somewhere. Good luck ;)

This OP

Your acting like it was YOUR fault she bailed. She didn't have enough guts to tell you she wasn't into you enough to go for dinner at the time, and your the one who got screwed. If the rolls were reversed you would of been called out for ditching your date and leading them on when you werent actually interested. But ofc society makes exceptions for women because we're still under going the back lash of hundreds of years of women being treated like second-class citizens.

Regardless, just tell your dad bluntly what happened and give him the money back. Who knows, maybe it will bring up a story of a time when he got tricked by a stupid bitch, father son bonding yah know? Bottom line, fuck that bitch and stay strong/true friend.

>he wanted you to have a good time
>don't spend money on vidya or booze

Kill your fucking self.

>Spend most weekends home with him, we usually split a box of beer and watch some sports, maybe play with our dog
This sounds dope af OP

Post her texts

Your dad just want to see you live a fulfilling life. He will understand its life but he probably wants you to go out more and live life that will give him accomplishment. Obviously give him the money back fag.

Women are second class citizens.

Be honest you fucking nigger
Also give your dad the money back freeloading piece of shit, work for your own money and refuse to take money from your parents, they already raised you. Become financially independent.