Is there any reason to use mac instead of Windows/Linux?

Is there any reason to use mac instead of Windows/Linux?

Let me be fast.
Use FreeBSD

From personal experience I've had 0 of the fucking annoying errors that I did on Windows since moving to Mac, Linux is good tho

Built in audio on macs shits on Windows

>Built in audio on macs shits on Windows

MSFT's decision to fuck up 5.1/7.1 sound on Windows 10 is stupid and bizarre.

It's more POSIX-compliant and the hardware is nice.

That's about it.

>built in

ive been using macbooks for years. finally sick of apple and building a desktop... I think apple's gone downhill

windows is like driving a car with square wheels. os x is like a hot knife through butter

windows is like driving a car
mac is like being driven around in a glass box
what do u do, if your ride breaks?

that broccoli though, where'd you get it?

If you're made of money.

sorry but thats bs. I like OSX for it's UI, but it does some stupid ass shit. I've recently been trying to sort though the fact that it has a lot of my media saved multiple times across the hard drive. for example, a 5GB video I shot on my camera a few years ago will often exist in the Photos app, the old iPhoto app, and in iMovie if I ever viewed it there. Meaning it might be taking up 15GB of my hard drive. Since apple hides a lot of the inner working of the computer from you, its a lot harder to do anything about it.

my ride has never broken. even when the logic board died, apple repaired it for free. runs like a dream.

plus terminal beats command prompt

coming from windows, once you start using a mac you start to appreciate the attention to detail. programs don't crash, working in the terminal is easier -much easier and more user friendly than the clunky command prompt. OS X is superior to windows

Money. Getthelube.com

oh i agree on that front, but both our arguments I think are specific to the user's need. Someone who has the time and wants to tweak and tinker will probably prefer a PC, while someone who wants the slick experience without needing to worry about the operating will prefer OSX. I think in ease of use Apple has Microsoft beat hands down, but for my need, I've been finding that my need has changed and building my own PC makes more sense now. Gaming, large amounts of media, customization, all things way more expensive and limited on Apple.

and building a pc can be fun

Do you want a good computer for a reasonable price?

>dont buy mac

Do you want a decent computer for 0 effort in looking up shit but you probably paid a bit too much for and comes with stupid programs preinstalled?

>buy one of those preassembled computers from brands like acer and whatnot

Do you want to give all your money to the 1% and pretend its cool, get a good computer but at the cost of 2 to maybe 3 while nothing about it is really "that" outstanding? also admit to your friends and family you are a flaming homosex and want to be raped up the butt?

>mac

>my ride never broke
>once it broke

fuck off

try getting fixed at microsoft without a charge. I was out of warantee too... you know how much a logic board goes for?

fuck off burnboy