When did you grow out of being atheist? I think I was a late bloomer and stopped being atheist about 17...

When did you grow out of being atheist? I think I was a late bloomer and stopped being atheist about 17, How about you Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domesticated_plants
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestication#Plants
youtu.be/P5_-pfqFGJI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When are YOU going to grow out of being Christian?

OP is a faggot

i was about 16

about 15

I was an atheist until the age of 20 when God showed himself to me in the form of a purple-and-chartreuse zebra and yea verily he did spaketh untoeth me-eth "I AM YOUR LORD"

almost quints

Well op, if your being sincere, how does one grow out of it? Im interested in gaining a belief system, as it could be psychological beneficial, but I could never use traditional religion to fill the gap.

I became a pagan:
Justifying violence and gloriifying death, gimme some o' that!

>tfw pagan

Stop being an edgy teenager and look for meaning and intelligent design in the world, I'm not saying any organised religion is 100% right but to say that you, me and everything from sand to mountains came to exist out of literally nothing is retarded

lol just look at a banana. you think that happened by accident? no, jesus did it

This is a prime example of being an edgy teenager

You mean> When did you become a dumbass

This is a prime example of the fragility of theists' egos

you think this is intelligent design? no, it just happened lol

>growing out of reason
obvious bait
>look for meaning and intelligent design in the world
I find none except that which humans have made.
>to say that you, me and everything from sand to mountains came to exist out of literally nothing
You don't need to say that in order to be an atheist.

but muh edgy system where nothing matters

Well humans and some other animals I suppose.

>it all came out of nothing
clearly ridiculous

>a magic sky wizard made it all
>where did the fucking wizard come from
>nothing
oh yea look at me turtles all the way down,

We just dont make up bullshit when faced with something we don't understand

>Bananas were created by god for man. Surely people didn't domesticate the plant and change it through selective pollination to get a fruit more to our liking over many generations.

Before Darwin, religious people made this same type of argument with respect to life on earth needing a designer.

Some day someone will come along and explain the origin of the universe scientifically. When that happens will religious people admit they were wrong about the origin of the universe just like they were wrong about evolution, disease, natural disasters, heliocentrism and so on?

Of course not. They will move on to a new bad argument and hope no one remembers that religious people have a perfect track record of being absolutely wrong about absolutely everything.

>domesticate the plant

>Christianity literally teaches that what happens in this life doesn't matter
It doesn't get much edgier than religion.

lol looks like those edgy atheists have shut up

even fedoralord edgelords know when their edgy arguments have been defeated

looks like being edgy is no match for common sense

i remember when i was an edgy teenager too, i realised that edginess wasn't the way forward

now i say a prayer every night for those more edgy than i am, or in danger of falling into the trap of edginess

i don't rightly know what constitutes "edgy" but i know it when i see it (sort of like "pretentious")

maybe when you kids grow up and stop being so edgy then you won't be so edgy anymore

checkmate edgeists

You know, like we've done with carrots, many types of cabbage plants, beets and so on.

Herp da derp en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domesticated_plants

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestication#Plants

Well, I'm 25, and I've invested a lot of energy in deconstructing religion, so to go back and accept a literal interpretation of a religion isn't possible. I am very comfortable with the idea that everything in the universe lacks meaning, and does not require a grad designer with an agenda. But I also believe humans need something to believe in. Its definitely not nationalism either. Maybe ill try some psychedelics and figure it out.

>nothing matters

99.9% of all species to live on Earth are now extinct.

If God designed this system, he's a horribly wasteful and cruel God. If anything it seems like God thinks nothing matters.

do they sit and roll over yet?

WIKIPEDIA IS WRITTEN BY EDGY TEENAGERS FOR EDGY TEENAGERS
TRY A PROPER SOURCE LIKE CONSERVAPEDIA

When I was 15, I became agnostic atheist because atheism is a religion on the long run

ITT

Exactly, you can't grow out of a personal logical conclusion. Op is undoubtedly a faggot.

Domestication isn't only an animal thing. It's also changing the characteristics of plants, having them yield more, changing their color, their taste and so on. We've done selective cultivation for millennia.

16 is the age when I realize that its nice to think that theres someone who cares about you and loves you even if you browse Sup Forums.

>Atheism is a religion

No it's not it's just a shared belief system with books to follow and figureheads to listen to

I came out of it when I got redpilled by the crusades. Deus Vult, Ave Maria.

LOL T_T cute.

>maybe when you kids grow up and stop being so edgy then you won't be so edgy anymore

Atheism is a religion as a result.
When you follow a dogma, plus, saying that there's nothing, while having no proof, you /believe/.

that was my point m8

The religion argument cannot hold water as is, but if I was an advocate, I would not appreciate an arrogant faggot such as yourself on my team.

You can't grow out of being an atheist. You can grow out of being an asshole, and it is a fact that many atheist are assholes, but once you see the truth, you can't unsee it.
I've been an atheist since 19, as I grew in a ultra-catholic family and it was painful to accept that most of them are just a bunch of fuckin morons. But as I grew I saw the raw hypocresy, the lies, and how most of them followed religion out of tradition and inertia. Most of them don't actually have the least of faith.

Still I think that religions are needed given the base nature of human being. A succesful society needs a system of belief that surpresses the pursues of individual well-being and satisfaction, something that people feel pressured to "believe and follow".

tl;dr: atheist is irrefutable from a rational perspective, but religion/s are needed to keep societies running.

Oh yeah, I didn't got the satire and the godly cynicism, sorr-

I've always viewed an intelligent creator as more of an observer with a glorified ant farm or terrarium. They put the ants in the display, but it's on the ants what they do with their new home. Earth (and probably other planets) is the same. God (or whatever) was the spark for the universe but it's been doing its own thing since then.

You saw the truth?
Go on, we're all waiting for the proving statement.

OP here this is 100% my thought process

Edgy

Oh yeah, we can't possibly know, so, agnosticism seems the most logical conclusion.

Atheists are retarded
Religion is retarded
Agnosticism is retarded
You're all retarded
The only correct answer is we'll never know

There's no way to know if leprechauns are real so you must be agnostic about them as well.

Dude, agnosticism literally translates to that.

Yeah, meaning we don't believe since no proof

Fucking agnostics going around like they know everything.

I am 52 and my now renamed name is Khalid Masood. I found Islam after I went into prison for slashing a man, and then stabbing another in the face.

Finding Islam has been the best decision of my life, as I am now one with Allah.

We live in a dangerous world, but don't let that take away from God's plan. Bang bang.

Hahaha that was gold though, search what it translates to

>grow out of

I searched for "agnostic" and it said "Did you mean 'edgy teenager'"

Now go away before I call you edgy a second time!

As in glorifying the death of christ and justifiying the murder of heathens as the church expanded through oit the world?

sorry i'm not retarded

That's PC bullshit to avoid "offending" and "triggering" plainly stupid or weakminded people. The rate at which knowledge is acquired by manking has exploded exponetially since the emergence of the scientific method. Anything that you cannot probe under a falsable hypothesis is fiction.
The burden of proof falls upon those opposing the self-eviding experimentation.
If I say that there is an invisible/ intangible/ undetectable irish midget fuckin the mouth of the theist at each second, they don't need to probe the falsehood of the claim.
Gods, religions and all this shit are just glorified fiction for weak minds, they exist in the same conditions that the irish midget cumming in your mouth if you are willing to believe in them.

That doesn't change the issue.

God designed the terrarium to include needless death and suffering when he could have designed it without those qualities -- you know because of the whole omnipotence thing. Then he locked his beloved subjects inside the terrarium to watch them suffer and die horribly when he could have engineered a better terrarium.

Again, you must ask what does that say about God?

when I realized the universe is an infinitely majestic thing, far more godlike than any traditionally worshiped deity.

That's when I became a pantheist, one with the universal hive-mind. Atheists are still cool though. Christians and muslims are insane.

Falsifiable*
>FTFY

You won't evolve without suffering.. if you didn't suffer, there would be no reason to

>buzzwords
No, and you're expansive vocabulary is all the more convincing.

For anyone interested in a less literary interpretation of religion, that could hold some value in terms of health, Jordan Peterson gives it here. youtu.be/P5_-pfqFGJI
Its the best argument thus far. And I'm an edgy atheist faggot so

Why do you need to evolve? Is God incapable of creating perfect beings?

>You won't evolve without suffering.

God is omnipotent. He can decide how reality works. Or are you saying there are things God cannot do?

Yes, he cannot exist.

>implying there needs to be evolution in a world created by a all powerful being

I love how Christians do such a good job of making god sound like a colossal asshole.

Why would he want to create perfect beings, what is the use of free will then?
God only accepts people who have faith, and overcome their suffering because it's easy to resort to sin during tough times, kinda like Jesus did, you know?

If I was a God then I wouldn't create perfect beings, because what's the point? You will learn nothing. Like the angels, who were perfect but still had free will - they don't get a second chance if they rebel because they're already glorified.

And btw you fucktards, i'm not religious. I'm just opening your eyes to questions that you haven't answered either, so don't get your fedoras in a twist

>what is the use of free will then?

Could God create perfect beings who also have free will?
If not then God isn't omnipotent.
If he could then why didn't he?

I can't.

>unironically promoting Jordan "facts aren't true" Peterson

kek

Except everyone suffers differently. God gives different people different tests. Why is one woman brutally raped and then murdered in front of her son while another goes her entire life with out facing any hardship?

Jesus killed some dudes pigs and burnt down a fucking fig tree. Jesus was a cunt.

>Why would he want to create perfect beings
Why would he want anything?
>the use of free will
What is free will?
>God only accepts people who have faith
What is faith?
>overcome their suffering because it's easy to resort to sin during tough times
What is the point of God doing this?
>You will learn nothing.
Isn't God supposed to be all-knowing? How can an all-knowing being learn something?
>And btw you fucktards, i'm not religious.
Irrelevant.

>You will learn nothing
>implying the god of the bible isn't all knowing

>If I was a God then I wouldn't create perfect beings, because what's the point? You will learn nothing.
God can't learn anything anyway if he's already omniscient (no doubt there are religions that don't centre around an all-powerful, all-knowing creator, but as far as I'm aware the major monotheist religions all do attribute these qualities to God)

i grew out of being a filthy (((jew))) at 12, then grew out of being an atheist at 13, i've been an agnostic for 4 years now

Because in the bible, he created the angels first. They were the first original humans. After they rebelled, he resorted to creatig the human - an imperfect form of the Angels. He knew the Angels were already glorified and never had lived hard lives, so he sent them to hell along with those who sided with Lucifer. He never created Adam and eve until after Lucifer was sent to earth, who then manipulated them into eating the apple and then he was sent to hell.

I'm just reiterating the story of the bible.

Tl;dr - get created humans because he wanted to teach his creations to value the gift they were given, something the angels didn't do. They were perfect, but they still chose to rebel - that doesn't make them imperfect. It's open to interpretation what your definition of perfectionism is.

Because when you can overcome suffering, that's when you can truely recieve enlightenment.

This is not a judgement, just a question: what led you to want to fuck your own mother?

hurr durr an all-knowing being can't learn anything
try harder edgelords

So you're an agnostic theist?

I had one especially euphoric LSD trip. Believed in god ever since, though my idea of who/what god is has changed since then.

>believes in angels
>expects to be taken seriously

You have the beliefs of a child. Believing in angels is the same as believing in fairys and leprechauns. Grow up.

>well OP...could you please try to summarize faith in a statement? I've tried all kinds of life changing events so I'm really hoping you can make yourself sound stupid.
and he took it

Didn't say god will learn anything, he's a teacher. He wanted his creations to learn.

I'm not even religious. I don't bash it and assume one is true and one is false. I look at it in a way that can help people grow spiritually, whereas science can help build upon what we already know.

You sound like three pseudo intellectual faggot regurgitating the same shit everybody has already heard. None of you have even read a bible. I'm not saying it's true, but the concept of a creator makes you think.

I'm just saying before you start bashig people for wanting a discussion, stop acting like little faggots

heres an idea dudes
> what if god created and uses science?

hmm i will tell you a story of my life
i was raised by Lutheran married family. (Lutherans are an early protestant sect of christians in case you didnt know)
I remember my earliest memory. it was chasing and being knocked down by goats at age 3 on a mountanside near Reid Imkreis Austria. (Thats a german speaking country south of Germany Tucked between germany switzerland italy and hungary in case you didnt know)
i remeber going to church abd being told that People didnt come from monkeys in my sunday school class.
i replied that my parents had books that said otherwise. i was 7 and not a snotty teen. i was an open book, happy and not overfed nor indoctrinated in Anything.

I was told at an early age that it was ok if i married a Catholic or a Jew or a Hindu or whatever girl i fell in love with (this was before queers etc).

I asked about the books vs my sunday school teacher. Mother said i could believe whatever i wanted to and do whatever i wanted to as long as i didnt hurt people.

Atheism isnt a fad. You must try not to confuse Anti-Theism with atheism.
i dont give a fuck about if anyone has a religion. Please dont think that atheism - the condition of being without a religion is the same as Anti-Theism.

when a baby is born it is an atheist.
it is without a religion

You however were not only taught a religion, like me, but believe it.

i simply do not believe it. i tried to, but it didnt take as i had doubts. I didnt have to rebel against it as a teen, i was allowed to think for myself. i wasnt punished or coerced towards anything,

Atheism is not always the results of teen rebellion as you seem to think it is,

i raised a daughter without religion and merely Never took her to church except for peoples weddings or a funeral or two.

I have books on religion in my bookcase, as well as on other things. She was free to read any of it. Stupid bitch read Bram Stokers bullshit and rebelled and started wearing upside down crosses for a few years. peers

no god was an english major

samefaggin' it, and it's OP

Where did I say I believed in angels? And who said i'm defending religion?

I'm telling you the story of the bible faggot, something you haven't read because you bring nothing more to the table than regurgitated bullshit that people already know. Try and disprove the existence of God without the use of the same strawman statements that people already know, because nobody here is defending it.

>He wanted his creations to learn.
Why? What's the point?
>I look at it in a way that can help people grow spiritually
What does that mean?
>None of you have even read a bible
It was years ago, but I have.
>the concept of a creator makes you think
Sure. Lot of concepts make you think.
>I'm just saying before you start bashig people for wanting a discussion
I'm not bashing anyone for wanting a discussion. Simply throwing things out there and not being willing to delve into the implications isn't a discussion though.