/mlb/ - Major League Baseball General

RIP in pepperoni José edition

Today's Games:

Other urls found in this thread:

sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-rangers-prospects-questioned-for-allegedly-sexually-hazing-underage-teammate-210055315.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumping the not racist thread

So what are today's games?

>ESPN

2017 is OUR YEAR

>asstros

Pirates are going to salary dump McCutchen for "prospects", aren't they?

>being a cheapskate team
It's just their way.

What the fuck happened to the pirates?

They went from 2nd in the majors to garbage.

>be famous pitcher
>make lots of money playing baseball and shilling for the empire
>get high off rocks (pun intended) on a boat late at night, the night before your start, and die because you're a dumb cokehead

Can't make this up

Why is Pittsburg a budget team? Is it due to small tv deals or a cheap owner? I never understood why Pittsburgh was a budget team. I mean It made sense when they were shit for so many years but they've been competitive for several years now.

>why is (x) a budget team

If your franchise isn't in NY, LA, Boston, Chicago or San Fran.... you's a budget team.

Not true at all. For decades the Cubs owners were unwilling to spend money and even the Mets for a while were a budget team.

It all has to do with the owner and GM

For three years many players were playing at their ceiling. Last year, on top of horrible offseason moves, most of the team underperformed. Didn't help the opening rotation was Cole, Liriano, Neise, Locke, and Nicasio/Vogelsong.

>Is it due to small tv deals or a cheap owner?
Yes.

That's not entirely true. Unless you think anyone that doesn't spend close to 200 million is a budget team.

dodgers have had the most Jewish FO since McCourt Era ended which is ironic if you know the history of McCourt who he himself was pretty Jewish in GPS.

no one has it worse than us outside small market teams like KC and Tampa

I consider a budget team any franchise that goes by the "profit is more important than championships" meme.

>murderer in the OP

Josh Hamilton general?

Youre clueless then. Every team in the major leagues tries to make money and treats it as a business. The only reason some teams seem to have an endless supply of money is because of how massive their market is. If you're only goal is to make money then I would agree.

>the point of owning a team is to make a business.

Wrong.

The point of owning a business is to treat it like a business.

If you own a team, you have a responsibility to your "fans" (which is not "consumers" in this case) to deliver. If the Cubs were turning a profit for 100 years, they're still losers, and their fans would've been right to storm the gates and set everything on fire.

Since it was brought up and I'm bored, I decided to look at teams' 2016 local market ratings, their current TV contracts, and 2016's payrolls.

Royals

sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-rangers-prospects-questioned-for-allegedly-sexually-hazing-underage-teammate-210055315.html

>Eight Texas Rangers prospects were questioned by police in the Dominican Republic after a video showed a group of players sexually assaulting an underage teammate in a hazing incident that targeted players new to the team’s Dominican complex, sources familiar with the case told Yahoo Sports.

>While prosecutors in the Dominican Republic have yet to press charges for the alleged assault, they told the court they intend to charge at least four players who held down a teammate and masturbated him, sources told Yahoo Sports.

>Among those expected to be charged are the younger brother of Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor, also named Rougned, and Yohel Pozo, a top catching prospect, both 19 years old. The players facing potential charges have been told not to leave the country, according to sources.

>Video of the alleged assault, which took place toward the end of October, was captured and posted on Snapchat, according to sources. A 10-second clip of video, obtained by Yahoo Sports, shows the alleged victim in a Rangers shirt and Rangers shorts laying on a bed with his arms held behind his back and his legs pinned down. At least four men are seen in addition to the alleged victim, whose penis is exposed, grabbed and maneuvered underneath a hand towel. All of the men in the video, including the alleged victim, are seen laughing.

>RAGS

2017 champions

MOVE THE RAGS TO MONTREAL

>All of the men in the video, including the alleged victim, are seen laughing.

Wont even make the wild card. Go back to mexico.

The rust belt will rise again, friend. The day will come when our teams won't be plagued with cheap-ass owners.

Baseball is fucking gay

THE EVEN YEAR CURSE IS BROKEN! NOW NOTHING CAN STOP THE JINTS FROM WINNING THIS YEAR!

Haha let's do actual gay shit with this rookie haha but as a joke though

lol let's all cum on his tight sexy ass and all give him blowjobs
that will show that fag

In 1996 Barry Bonds had a 40/40 season where he was walked 151 times, a then NL record.

By comparison to the other 40/40 seasons:

Jose Canseco 1988: walked 78 times.
Alex Rodriguez 1998: walked 54 times.
Alfonso Soriano 2006: walked 67 times.

>lol bro you're so gay, getting jacked off by 4 guys is such a homo thing to do

>The Tigers are getting hits on the big guys, of course. But they’ve gotten a few, too, on Anibal Sanchez, who could interest someone if Detroit offsets some of the $21 million due him in 2017 (maybe half of it, or a bit more).

Quick

elbow/bone spurs/Tommy John/shoulder
elbow/arm fatigue/strep throat
elbow/shoulder/bone spurs
elbow/Tommy John/forearm soreness/ulnar nerve
knee
shoulder/labrum tear
>tfw no old/fat

Over 13 years, from 1986 to 1998 (last clean season) he averaged a 30/30 season (32 home runs, 34 stolen bases) with 100+ walks. He averaged that

Mad at GOATs

His entire career is tainted, just like Clemens, Palmiero, McGuire, Sosa and the rest. I'm okay with it if none of them ever make the HoF. .

Good thing nobody cares what you're okay with lol

But yeah, they won't get in, whatever. The BBWAA is a joke anyways. Being on the right side of history must make you feel pretty cool huh?

I love Barry senpai

cheaters gone cheat

That response doesn't even make any sense

Did you read what I wrote or no?

Thanks for confirming that the only people autistically grouping all steroid users together are low IQ

What the Hell? Why even have rules? Let the pitchers carry sandpaper and Vaseline and cut and slather the ball with goo. Let the batters carry the bat around the basepaths, clubbing the fielders along the way. Go ahead, pay off the umpires to call balls and strikes in your favor so you can win easier. Let the players eat amphetamines by the handful and snort lines of coke right off home plate while they jab each other in the ass with syringes. Fuck it. If you're okay with it, so be it.
>in addition to being a cheat, bonds is also a world class dick

Not that guy. You know why Bonds can't be in the Hall of Fame, but you're trying to be edgy and le enlightened.
He cheated. He might not have cheated his whole career, but he cheated. You can't have an arbitrary, flexible line that says 'okay we can overlook this much cheating, but no more than that' because then everyone would cheat within allowable tolerances and then you'd have 30 teams filled with Brett Lawrie

Funny you mention Amphetamines. Whats your opinion on Hank Aaron, Mays, Schmidt, and Mantle by the way?

im very interested.

83 days until pitchers and catchers report

Uhh...pitchers in the hall of fame did do that though lol. And they continue to do it every now and again

>he was barry mean boo hoo ;-;

I'm not trying to be anything faggot. The info is out there for everyone to read. It's common knowledge, I'm not "enlightened" in any way

Of course you're not edgy or anything when you disagree with the BBWAA, just me right? lol

bonds, a-roid, sosa et. al should not be in the HoF, but Rose deserves a spot

Textbook case of an ex post facto rule. You can't retroactively punish players for breaking rules that weren't in place when they were playing.

lmao that you thought this was some kind of deep moral quandary. You're fucking stupid.

Every generation of baseball had cheaters to some extent

Lost 1995 NLDS to the Reds
Lost 1996 NLDS to the Braves
Lost 2004 NLDS to the Cardinals
Lost 2006 NLDS to the Mets
Lost 2008 NLCS to the Phillies
Lost 2009 NLCS to the Phillies
Lost 2013 NLCS to the Cardinals
Lost 2014 NLDS to the Cardinals
Lost 2015 NLDS to the Mets
Lost 2016 NLCS to the Cubs

Ten straight postseason appearances without a pennant, a new major league record. Unequaled choking.

Why are you so upset? You in gay love with Bonds or something? Calm down with the rage kiddo

Nice non response...

So you just have nothing to add? Just say that next time

I already gave the correct answer, , but you refuse to accept it because you're throwing a tantrum and pissing yourself.
There is no further argument because I'm right. What's better is that you KNOW I'm right. It makes it so much sweeter for me.

All of those players are already in so it's a moot point, isn't it? As for their drug use, I don't like it, but it's not really comparable to steroid use, is it? Temporary benefits vs long term muscle mass. Still, it's all cheating, imo

Okay, then why is he still qualified to be in the hall of fame
If it's so cut and dry why did almost half of voters vote for him?

Really though, I'm not throwing a tantrum. Just stating facts while you act like a smug condescending prick and don't respond to what's written

>Of course you're not edgy or anything when you disagree with the BBWAA, just me right? lol
t. J Verlander

>don't respond to what's written
You act like your dull and tedious little brainfarts are worth consideration. I assure you that this is not the case, and, in fact, will never be the case as long as you live.

I'm just stating facts, don't get excited.

I was actually glad Porcello won. Pitching in Fenway is tougher than Detoilet

>jerking off minors as hazing
>Rags

he's the one acting like a prick? lmao that's rich, mcfucking kill yourself, eat shit and die faggot

haha but as a joke though

You didn't answer the question because you don't have anything to answer it with

Why are people voting for him if according to you cheating once at any point in your career disqualifies you from the hall of fame? Is it a technical hall of fame rule or what? I'm honestly asking, don't get offended m8

Fenway should have been blown up 75 years ago.
>all offensive stats at Fenway should also be followed by an *

Uhh, yeah

Smug and condescending were the key words there though. Do you think that maybe just because you agree with his opinion you're siding with him about how he's acting? Couldn't be that could it?

...and I specifically picked out a non-steroids Bonds year as well

Bonds haters can't help themselves.

Nobody forced him to be a fucking cheater

Nobody forced you to be so ass ravaged by his cheating either

Why does it bother you so much?

haha I wonder if they let him finish
just as a goof for fun haha

Use a trip so I can filter you, Barry

>not having a cheeky wank with the lads

not him, but its because you slobber on barry's dick to no end as the alleged GOAT but he wouldn't have done half of what he did without cheating

I hope your girlfriend cheats on you. Maybe you'll be okay with that too. Send her to my house.

K, since we can't talk about clean Barry Bonds numbers without triggering people:

From 1969-1975 (7 years) Bobby Bonds averaged a 30/40 season (30 homeruns/40 stolen bases)

Not as impressive but still pretty cool. He drank alcohol so maybe he's a cheater to you, Idk

>I don't understand what cheating is
Lmao @ you

Who cares?

He was already the first and only player to hit 400 home runs and steal 400 bases. Still a top 10 player without the legal mineral supplements

alcohol is the opposite of performance enhancing

>rags faggotry is so out of control that their prospects can't hold off jerking off children and are willing to risk millions of dollars for the opportunity

>RAGS

Doc Ellis pitched a no hitter while high on LSD. I don't know if you've ever done LSD but I could barely make it to the bathroom to piss while I was on it.

Barry Bonds hit a home run while on steroids. Give him the key to Cooperstown

Over a 13 year period (1954-1966) Willie Mays averaged a 40/20 season (40 homeruns/21 stolen bases)

He was lit af on some amphetamines tho probs, hope iz ok w/you

Do you think he would have hit 73 HR in 2001 at age 36 without cheating? Do you think he would have eventually passed Aaron or even Ruth in home runs without cheating? Sure, he might have been a good player without roids. But all of his peak """accomplishments""" that he's known for are all the direct result of PED's

wow. the sf giants are some cheating mother fuckers. they should have to return all their WS rings immediately.

Finally someone says it

do you think bumshit is on steroids?

I'm aware of this lad

He wouldn't have been a top 1-3 player like he is* now, but he still is and would have been a top 10 player probably. Great defense, great base runner, great hitter. Still would've been the first and only player to go 400/400 and 500/500. All that bulk was bad for his base running anyways

Madison Bumgarner has a fat wife

moo

Be honest, if you had a chance to fuck Bumgarner's wife knowing it's Bumgarner's wife would you do it?

Would those Dominican players have fondled Bumgarner's wife's genitals underneath a towel?

>not wanting to cuck Madbum

I would shitpost nonstop about it in my favorite anime internet board

Yes, because I fuck fat porkers

I would derive no pleasure in the act itself, only Madison's quiet sobs from across the room while I hate fucked her would give me joy.

I would pay to see madbum literally kill all 3 of you with his bare hands.

He would have reached 600/600 had he not roided.

Cubs still exist

>implying that I'm not already dead inside

Quite Possibly, I just tend to stay on the conservative side when trying to predict what people might have done. You never really know what might have happened. His speed probably would've evaporated in his late 30's