This might sound stupid but I really want to try weed but I suffer from panic attacks from time to time...

This might sound stupid but I really want to try weed but I suffer from panic attacks from time to time. I've heard weed can bring on panic attacks. Is this possible? Is there a way to know without having to actually smoke it?

Other urls found in this thread:

conservapedia.com/Marijuana#Adverse_effects
conservapedia.com/Marijuana
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, just smoke it and chill out. People saying they get panic attacks probably just have a rapid heartbeat and have no clue what an actual panic attack is. If you don't like how you feel just take a nap and in 3 hrs you'll be sober

Not a whateverist but I reckon it's a myth started by the American government. D.A.R.E. and shit.

no way to know without trying it. my best advice would be to start with 1-2 small puffs/hits, wait awhile and pick it back up if you feel comfortable. do this in a really comfortable environment.have a xanax on hand JIC

This.
Just smoke tiny amount first time and you will see how you will be ok. once you are used to the feeling increase dose.

You'll probably have panic attacks the first few times. Despite what people here tell you don't try it, even if you like it it'll slowly fuck up your life. Unless you like giving up on everything that makes life awesome.

Weed is for libtards. Drink alcohol you pussy.

Ok i'll give it a try doing that

Don't like alcohol

>Buy a half oz
>Grind up
>Wrap in cheese cloth
>Use real butter and a double boiler
>Make Cannabutter
>Make Brownies with said Cannabutter

how do you plan on consuming it?
INFOWARS

You sure about that? I was diagnosed with abnormal levels of stress and manic depression, yet I have yet to have a panic attack from weed.
That said I smoke very rarely.

Smoking it

OP if you do this you will be kill

joint, bong, blunt, bowl, coke can?

>Don't like alcohol
Like I said, pussy.
The only reasons someone would choose not to drink would be religion, fear or being a cry-baby, all of these are retarded and illogical.

Just look it up on YouTube you cuck

Joint

Don't do this you can die.
Seriously, don't listen to this retard.

Not sure... I've never had panic attacks on weed, but half of my friends I've gotten to try it have had panic attacks. I just assumed people with panic issues are more susceptible.

Empty fucking calories?

I don't drink because I don't wanna get fat

For that first time it's a state of mind. Treat it like a 6 pack of beer. Go home. Smoke a bowl and just relax for the evening. Just chill and you'll be fine.

You clearly have never had edibles before if you have a small piece and wait. Nothing will happen.

I have the same fear, want to try weed but I have serious anxiety in some situations. Would smoking weed bring this on? Would it cause paranoia or a nightmarish experience?

Yeah sorry but weed isnt all that great if you suffer from panic attacks. What you're gonna want is Salvia.

I believe you, tard. OP would die from weed overdose. Calm down user. It's just not worth it.

Turn that shit into musscle. Unless you want to look like a typical millenial.

>weed overdose

Alcohol also kills you a lot faster than weed.

And makes you fat, bald, and unable to function in society if you get too addicted.

I'll pass and stick to grass.

Not him.
Vodka has callories?

Just literally let all of your stress go. Stop worrying and just do it and it'll make your life so much better. The anxiety is all in your head. Chill the fuck out.

user, Nothing can create panic attacks but yourself. When you get high, dont panic and youll be fine. all weed does is make your eyes feel heavy, sounds sound better, and your whole body feels like its wrapped in a blanket of euphoria(if you have good shit)

cool. just roll up a nice one, take a couple tokes and be prepared to put it out since its your first time. a joint is nice because you can "pause" it. Blunts are even better for this.

>let all of your stress go. Stop worrying
TIL: You can just get rid of all your stress by thinking really hard.

Just smoke some indica until you get used to the high then when you feel you're ready you can try some sativa

Oh yeah, easy for you to say. I'm not good with coping techniques when I feel like I'm dying

Thing is the last panic attack I had I was not even thinking about anything. I got up, went light headed, vision went blurry and then the panic attack started

>(if you have good shit)

Yo op, I'm seeing a lot of bro science and anecdotes in this thread that are meaningless.

On weed and panic: there are two major types of weed strains. Sativas, which cause more of a "hyper, energetic" reaction, and Indicas, which are the more "couch lock, relax, unwind" reactions. If you are prone to panic attacks, you absolutely need to avoid Sativa strains for your first time, in my opinion. They can induce panic and increase heart rate. Indicas are much more relaxing, probably better for your first time.

There was other advice given about starting slow with just a couple of puffs and waiting. I highly recommend that. Take it slow. Puff once, wait 5, see how you feel, puff again.

Dude just don't be stressed

smoke nothing, use edibles

it lasts way longer and is more chilled out. plus the smoking itself can cause nausea -> sweat -> heartrate up -> panic attack

Get something with a nice high cbd content, and make it an indica. The indica will chill you out, and the high cbd helps with the possible panic side effects. For me at least.

Dont smoke too much.

I had mild feelings of paranoia and somewhat of a panic attack (just really really scared)
This happens only when you smoked a good amount of weed and are alone. It's nothing too big, I am sure you can handle. Start off with 1/4 of a gram or whatever you can handle and everything will be fine.

Dont fucking do this. You will be way too high.

Fuck this guy! I have anxiety issues and salvia was the worst trip of my life. Also the most mind expanding but still shitty.

Weed can make you overthink things which causes panic. Weed causing panic attacks is an urban myth brought to you by the CIA.

i been there dawg

Marijuana contains many of the same carcinogens as tobacco, and some research suggests that when smoked, it shares the same risk of lung cancer[7] If smoked, marijuana also leads to a temporary increase in heart rate and blood pressure resulting is a slight increase in the risk for heart related problems including heart attack.[8] Chronic smokers often suffer from mild withdrawal symptoms, however marijuana is not believed to be physically addictive.[9] Marijuana can impair judgment, motor skills, and balance.[10] Prenatal exposure to marijuana has also been linked to impaired learning and developmental disability in children.[11] If marijuana is consumed heavily and on a daily basis by children around the age of 12 for a period of years, even liberal scientists have been forced to conclude that humans have a 1/4th random chance of developing psychosis, based on a random genetic trait.[12]
conservapedia.com/Marijuana#Adverse_effects
Don't smoke.

Agree with this guy. A good edible will put you in space for 5+ hours, and there is NO getting off the ride. It's recipe for panic. Not recommended for your first time if you are prone to panic

I smoked for almost 20 years. Had a four house grow op, etc. Even after the insanity of that ended, smoking became a major panic inducing thing - but I was also prone to them beforehand and always dealt with anxiety.

Some people find lighter sativa to be therapeutic. Fewer find the indicas to also be - they are great for insomnia. It all depends on the person. But as noted; I would definitely start with a sativa and just be in a good place mentally. Dont smoke your first time on your worst day.

just get the dose right dumbass

25mg - entry dose
50mg - buzzed
100mg - high
200mg - high AF
300mg - twisted

i skeet on the seat

You'd think that, but the most recent long term study of daily marijuana use didn't correlate to increased lung cancer rates. It was a 20 or 30 year study, if I can find the source. It's still being researched, results inconclusive.

There are health risks and lung damage you can do long term. But imo, it's much better than drinking.

If you start freaking yourself out yes

I dont think you should do it. I stopped smoking weed because of the anxiety it brings. Try cigarettes they help ease anxiety especially after a few beers.

Don't smoke it you degenerate.
conservapedia.com/Marijuana

>implying a total noob who knows nothing about how his body reacts with cannabis and also has 0 tolerance is going to get dosage right.

Just stop being stressed you fuck! If you don't you will die right now! Holy shit stop stressing!

>Try cigarettes
Nice meme

Mmm, conservapedia, the leading site of unbiased research

I bet that isn't affected by a conservative agenda, no siree

cigarettes are a wise choice user

>Is there a way to know without having to actually smoke it?
Eat it

You're the one being memed my friend ;)

I am a daily cannabis extract user using up to .5g of rosin a day, I can confrim it is very possible to have a panic attack from getting too high. AFter I took a 25 day break and took a dab, I got too high and thought my appendix was bursting but it wasn't, it was just my first panic attack.

It's not gonna make you freak out,the only time youll freak out is if you take a huge hit or potent edible without a tolerance

No. Edibles can be hella intense especially for someone like OP. Best thing to do would be to just take one small hit and see how it effects you then gradually work up. Depending on your state/availability you might be able to take small dabs through a vape pen, only vapor involved and concentrates usually give a cleaner high. Also don't buy shit weed, I'm sure eating a nasty ass orange you bought from some 13 year old in a trailor park would make you sick, don't smoke his dirt weed lol

>Don't do this you can die.
Lost

Weed can induce psychosis. My friend is schizophrenic and amokes, and periodically gets panic attacks when he smokes

>conservative agenda
What agenda? Reality? Sorry, we don't have safe spaces in the real world.

The first time I tried weed I had a lovely time. Giggling, chilled and generally enjoyed it.

The 2nd time I tried it, 5 minutes in, a sudden wave of panic and dread came over me. I was pacing back and forth across the room, thinking I was dying and tripping bad. That lasted for no less than 2 hours but felt like an eternity of utter hell. The next day I woke up and unfortunately had developed some sort of PTSD from how awful my panic attack was whilst high. I had a full on panic/anxiety disorder which pretty much ruined my life and took practically 2 years to get over.

I've only just started to get over this awful period in my life and it all came from just 'wanting to try weed'

>he says in defense of his safe space
kek.

50mg is stupid high for novice users and can cause attacks

start off at 5-10mg to get a feel for the effects

>try cigarettes

nobody vapes

OP just move to eating it - you'll be high for 4 hours instead of 30 minutes and will spend 10x less on the stuff

it also makes staying high 24/7 real easy - can't smoke at work

>biased online source = real world
Get off your computer user and go outside

Damn. My breathing was bad for 2 days after I had my first but not that fucking bad

marijuana is a made up propaganda word

cannabis is correct

Just beacuse it has never happened doesn't mean it can't. Too much of anything can kill you

tf you mean no one dabs?

>Just beacuse it has never happened doesn't mean it can't.
What if humans can actually fly?

Dont smoke weed, leave it for the men who have actual balls, nvm you got reggies just put that in a bonfire get the earth gods baked

>biochemistry, how does it work?!
Its not an overdose if you need to drop a heavy bale of it on them for them to die. That's just called being crushed dipshit

outside of rich american college towns no one dabs

Poor fag here. I dab everyday. Which it probably why I don't have any money.

>it also makes staying high 24/7 real easy - can't smoke at work
How's flipping burgers?

ITT under 21 faggots thinkin they smoke, if you green out or ever feel "too high" you're a cuck loser who needs to smoke/lurk moar. Disgusting ipad users

>Drink alcohol
and than have a hit or 2 i fucking hate weed on its by its self but i realy love a good puff or 2 if iv havd had like 3 beers in me dont konw y its just me

Get a dab rig, take some concentrate, dab it. That's vaping. The heat from the nail/banger/pen/whatever the fuck you want vaporizes the oil instead of burning plant matter.
Edibles are more expensive and not always efficient, also you have to wait to see if anything happens at all. Smoking and dabbing are instant and always work.

I can't mix the two. I'm a smoker and don't drink very much, but if I mix the two I get way to fucked up.

Don't do it friend you'll suffer major panic attacks

I live in a non legalized state in a non college town and pretty much everyone uses extracts because of the cost and the health benefits in comparison to smoking flowers.

I pay $7/g for organic bubblehash that I press into rosin for about $13-14/g... it's not like you have to be rich to dab.. 1 gram of rosin with at least 600mg of active cannabinoids vs regular high grade weed thats maybe 150-200mg/g for $10

You in Cali? In Arizona(tucson area) some really nice concentrate is usually $25 a half gram in dispensaries

all so shity weed will give you a un pelesnt hight if your a new cumer to it if you like it a lot you will smoke the shit out of a gods ass if you konw what amean bro

texas

bubble from a cali farm tho

SPEAK ENGLISH

hash before rosin

Don't eat edibles, especially if you don't know what dose it is. My gf ate one and she's n00bish with thc, she had a panic attack because it was really strong. It wouldn't have happened though if she had something to distract her like a movie or music or something.

I've never had a panic attack until I've tried weed. Fuck that shit, just drink some booze

pussy

after press $14/g