If you want to be a lifer, is it better to do ROTC or be a mustang?

If you want to be a lifer, is it better to do ROTC or be a mustang?

Other urls found in this thread:

ipanon.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do you want out of the military OP?

Mustang obviously; those things will definitely be lifers; they run wild and free.

ROTC on the other hand grow up to be bullet collectors. Can't be a lifer if you're dead.

ROTC is pointless unless you just like getting used to military life style.
Being an officer is much better financially. But then you are in charge of idiots... It is also much harder to keep your job for 20 years since there isn't nearly as much of a need.
Get a tech school that is needed, go enlisted. Don't be dumb and you will smooth sail to 20. Maybe even get a decent retirement if you make E7/8

Don't yell in my god damn face. I'd beat that guy up in 5 secs.

A career, insurance, and traveling. I've been considering Artillery and Aviation, but I need to do more research. I'm just curious because commissioned people I've talked to swear up and down that ROTC is the way and enlisted folks swear real Marines were enlisted first.

Military is for failures

Why not just shoot yourself now and get it over with?

I used to be in the army. Turns out, they frown upon drug use. Go figure

ROTC you tard, think about it logically.

>ROTC getting college paid for by military
>after college getting a +1 to rank before officer candidate school
>already making like 50% money moolah than enlisted counterpart
>still have older enlisted marines to help your already shitty decision making process

Just don't be a fag who cannot compete physically or mentally. You'll just make your already shitty existence shittier

Currently an Officer Candidate in the USMC. Finishing up training to become an officer this summer. Mustangs are much more respected in the military because of overall experience.

What branch's ROTC for aviation?

OCC 225?

You're doing PLC?

Naval if I chose Aviation

This
Uncle did this and is currently a bird colonel.
Has lived in Hawaii, Las Vegas, and the Middle East.

Your confusing the military with Sup Forums

Mustang.
Start enlisted. Get degree while enlisted with free tuition assistance. Stay enlisted to E6. Bust ass and always get high ranked evals.
Apply for LDO.
...That is the dream scenario though, very tough to do. But its better than doing 6 or 8 years as a junior officer then getting canned. If you don't make LDO you can still look forward to decent retirement.

Does the Navy have guaranteed air contracts like the Marine Corps does?

U a fagot if u dont go green baray

I have no clue to be honest. I didn't know the Marine Corps had guaranteed air contracts.

Yup, though it's best to apply for pilot and nfo/wso in case of medical npq during the pipeline.

I think you are confused, user

Do note that it is currently wings+8, and for jet studs, it is roughly 3 years in the pipeline before those 8 even start.

How do Naval aviation and Marine aviation differ?

cAir Force officer detected

Marine Corps is to support Marines on the Ground usually.

Navy is to supply and protect their fleets usually. Their jets do work on enemies though.

Marine Corps can gaurantee you a pilot slot, NOT AN NFO spot unless you want both or one and not the other. Idk about the navy with a guarantee. The Marines are hurting for pilots now and with Trump's administration in now I believe it's gonna be a great time to get it with budget increases and making our total force stronger.

Fuck yeah man I want that lifestyle. It's like a cool career a little over a decade then I have the option of getting out and doing whatever I want, going reserves (have to go active first in Marine Corps to go reserves as a pilot), or stay in for 20 active.

Looks like the senate dun goofed all of us in the US ipanon.com

Pretty much spot on. Great communities in both branches, and they also train together from API, through primary, and into advanced. It will be interesting to see what happens as far as pipeline capacity though, otherwise it is going to take forever to actually hit the fleet with increased numbers on new aviators.

Also OP, consider what kinds of deployments that you are willing to put up with. Does 10 months on the Nimitz strike your fancy or would you rather be at an airbase? Can't go wrong with Navy or Marines (or chairforce or CG I suppose), just comes down to preference.

It'd be damn well worth it.

PLC Seniors

If you wanna do 20 you better get into an academy. If not then go ROTC, and if your little worm sucking ass can't do that you'll be a Master Sergeant at best. otherwise do 4 in combat arms and get out with benefits then be a private military contractor making double what you were on deployments for a couple years if you're really looking for some skrilla.

Oh yea I don't doubt that both branches take pride in what they do. I grew up around the corner from Quantico so there's a strong leaning toward the Marines I don't want getting in the way of potentially a good career in the Navy.

How many times would I see land during those 10 months do you think?

Does Black Water still exist?

I dont like being in the military and spreading the shitty agenda of america, but if you are going to do it, get the dental assistant mos. Air conditioning, low PTSD (abu ghirab bombing incident) amd its been the easiest 16 years so fa

It just depends, someone can correct me on this, but I would imagine that you would get a port call every month or so. If you are flying, you will be off the boat a fair amount of the time though. It also depends on the airframe though. p-8s & p-3s have pretty sweet deployments, that never really involve time afloat.

Thanks for the support! I'm stoked for it!

Nice! What state are you from if you don't mind me asking? Hopefully we'll both be there at the same time.

Dedicated Poolee

Nah it split into different names but same company. Tri-Canopy or some shit is one, I forget the other but they're owned buy the same people and Erik Prince.

P.S. Follow the money

BREAK THE CONDITIONING