youtube.com/watch?v=arsSvebtSgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for the solo i made for band's new song

55chan.org/mu/src/1494284810474.ogg

Those all look like shit.

know who else does? you.

>he doesn't want his guitar to look like a futuristic, ergonomic moose antler
Get a load of this guy

ugly overpriced guitars which look like they have active pickups which is also shit.

ASS TO ASS

WHY

Reminder that mods are lurking, report shitposting

lmao, you're still mad about that ?

Chillax dooder licker, learn to embrace the ephemeral. Impermanence is a gift.
>And this too, shall pass. - Rude Dawg

I can't shred like that youtube goth qt though.

I want to make some kind of psychedelic/vintage rock, do you think a Deluxe Big Muff will do? Or is it a better idea to buy a normal Big Muff?. I'd like to hear your opinions.

Maple or rosewood? Maple can get easily damaged right?

broke college student here who wants to learn acousting guitar.

suggestions for sub-100$ guitars that are absolutely worth every penny and more?

Tremolo, reverb and a cheap fuzz box.

I was joking last thread but I really like my acoustic Starcaster.

>college
you will never become good desu. dont even bother

>Gibson Les Paul with emgs

for real metal guys

Your talking about fretboards I assume? Ive got 2 fenders with rosewood and maple that are 18 and 16 years old, and niether one seems to have worn or been damaged more that the other. Pick what you think looks better

a damage on maple would show and be of different colour, a dent on rosewood is just a dent

do you even relic

we can easily assume user doesnt want to relic, from his post

What's a good strap? I have shitty posture without one and it's fucking up my ability to play
i'm literally the retard who cranes his neck to see the frets while holding the guitar with mostly the left hand

i mean we're not aspies, are we?

veery body does that user

I have an LP Special II and want to upgrade to a slightly better quality instrument in a Strat style, what's recommended under $300? I figure it'd be less expensive than changing parts in the LP.

It's normal, stand with your back up straight and your feet apart, left foot slightly ahead of your right, pull the guitar up so the neck is well well close to your head and the strap is doing the rest of the work. Basically your hand should be what keeps it from slipping forward/backward and the strap keeping it vertically stable.

I want to get back into playing bass guitar, it's been awhile and I only ever played songs that I enjoyed. What's the best way to learn again? No meme answers please.

Play songs you enjoy

try playing bass guitar

Do you wanna practice, or do you want to play?
If you wanna play, do like says and play what you enjoy. What music do you like listening to?

If you wanna actually practice, learn the modes of the major scale and run the scales and arpeggios up and down. Might not seem very fun, but practice isn't about having fun, it's about getting more gooder

I am a shit musician but just ordered a used Epiphone Riviera P93 anyways.

Going to spend the summer practicing that and the keys and writing some stuff.

Besides just putting my nose to the grindstone, does anyone have tips on how to get the most out of practicing?

Good stuff my man, nice to see you enthusiastic about music

Make sure that you're 110% focused when you're practicing to make it efficient.
Some people can stay focused on one thing for a long time, and others have shorter time spans.
I know for a fact that my time of absolute focus is really short. Like 5-10 minutes.
So when I practice, let's say a scale, I can usually keep doing that for 5-10 minutes and then I realize I'm not being 110% into it and my mind starts drifting. That's when I take a 2 minute break, and then I practice something else. The different exercises go in a circle and I come back to the first exercise later.
Maximizing your practice really becomes important when you have limited spare time in the day.

Lie down, pull your knees up over your head, shit on your chest. Rub your guitar in it and get a good adhesion, practice. It's good for your posture too.

Awesome, thanks. My posture is shit so this will help.

Yeah, I had trouble with that in the past while playing the keyboard, but lately while practicing the guitar I have been doing better.
I think it helps a bit that reading guitar tabs is easier than sheetmusic for me, so learning something is not as difficult, slow, or boring.

While tab has it's uses, ) you should set off some time to practice reading sheet music too though. It's a lot more versatile especially if you're gigging, and also for writing.
I know how much reading sucks at times, I'm struggling with it myself, but it's a great skill to have

I understand that, and I can do it very slowly as long as it isn't something crazy that I need to know all my keys for.
Just another thing to work on though, will get around to improving in that area eventually.

different guy here, but is there a bass equivalent to chordbook? i like the way you think

Can't you just ignore the first two strings?

I use a thick, soft leather strap and it works wonders. Never slips, looks great, doesn't slip out of the holders. Only thing is it's a bitch to change length, but how often are you going to change the length anyway?

If you want to fix your posture, try buying a drum throne with an attached back. I have the Mapex one I picked up from GC. Lets you lean back and yet still see the frets.

Learn how chords are built and make your own chords/voicings if chords on bass is what you wanna play. Adam Neely has a video series about it on YouTube that explains it way better than I can.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Don't fail me now UPS.

Why are you getting something delivered in September?

Hehe, I get it, it's because some people write the date like this : "DD-MM-YYYY" like in my country but others write it : "MM-DD-YYYY" like in yours.
That's pretty funny, especially if it's the first time you hear the joke!

Hello /gg/. Are Gretsch Streamliners any good?

What gear are you guys currently using?
For post-metal project I'm using my Fender Telecaster "Tele-Bration 60th Anniversary", going through a Marshall half-stack, with a Electro Harmonix East River Drive pedal in front of a ProCo RAT2.
Trying to determine which reverb I want, as the DigiTech DigiVerb is pretty hard to get for a decent price.

Shut the fuck up already.

>autistically lists whole guitar name when they're all basically the same
>doesn't list amp even though vary in sound between model
Poorfa/gg/ detected

Because you need $10 000 worth of gear to sound good, right?

I excuse the fact that the amp is brand new and is at my rehearsal room which I haven't visited for two weeks and therefore can't remember the exact model.

>only my masterfuly crafted dumble amplifier can truly bring out the subtle harmonies of the superior tonewoods of my prs custom shop

Anyone know if a thicker string or thinner string would give me a clearer sounding tone out of an 8 string?

I don't think there is much difference. Your pup height affects it more, desu.

>8 string

Thicker strings are louder, as they create more tension - but they can create more "buzz" and be harder to fret. However, if you downtune your guitar, the sound will generally be clearer with thicker strings.

bump

I have mine set to G atm, though I'd like to be able to tune to Drop E and still be able to play things like power chords and still have a good non-muddy tone, maybe I should just buy two sets of strings and try them both

fuck you, maybe I wanted to learn Rob Scallon's songs so what

>Rob Scallon

>Being this hard of a faggot

Does anyone know what happened to Jaguar basses by Fender? pic related

there is no need to be upset

Oh boy oh boy

inb4 Condor Les Paul copy

Oh boy.

you bought a MIM Fender, congratulations!

Aren't you a clever one.

I do like the parquet floor though, that really is classy

I mean, that's a proper hardwood floor isn't it, none of your crappy laminate there

Why thanks, too bad the windows and piping are as old as the parquet floor.

Well that's a pretty sexy thing alright. Finally a guitar without that floating trem crap.

could we please have a pic of just the flooring?

How old is too old to learn the guitar?

Yeah, pretty cool guitar. Charvels are some of the best guitars Fender make.

Sure, here you go, sorry for the flash.
It's quite nice alright, creaks softly when you walk on it, stays warm under the sun for the cat to lie on and everything. It's a bitch to clean properly tho.

Classy af, I bet chicks dig it. And I did see a new design of vacuum cleaner specifically dsigned to clean between the cracks in hardwood floors, can't remember the make and model now but that may be something you'd want to look into.

This is the laminate I had fitted, it's pretty nice and the guy managed to do the entire floor without using those edging strips in the doorways.

Why thanks, our vacuum cleaner is quite old and shitty, I'll look into it. And unfortunately I don't have the chance to try the effects of my parquet floor on chicks since I've been living with my gf in this appartment for two years and a half and counting. She does like it a lot.

Fuck yeah, you made it into the 5%. Congrats on not being retarded like the majority of people.

I'm not sure even 5% of people have hardwood floors, they're pretty expensive you know.

Haven't tried it yet, I'm building the stand and installing the strap locks.

You say Gibson, I say gibshit
You say Fender, I say fendurr
You say PRS, I say pos
You say Schetter, I say shitter
You say Ibanez, I say ibenhad
You say Jackson, I say jack shit
You say Dean, I say meme
You say Strandberg, I say Grandsperg
You say Yamaha, I say yamahahahaha
You say Agile, I say fragile
You say SX, I say sux
You say Alembic, I say anemic
You say Campelone, I say forever alone
You say Thomas Humphrey, I say thomas hump fag
You Say Warmoth, I say woll smoth
You say Warwick, I say warshit
You say Epiphone, I say epiphoney
You say Gretsch, I say retch
You say BC Rich, I say greasey shit
You say acoustic, I say acute shit
You say Washburn, I say washed up
You say Rickenbacker, I say Rickensucker
You say Chapman, I say chappedass
You say Squier, I say get the hell out of my face kid
95% of kids these days wouldn't know a good guitar if it bit them on the ass

If you're in the 5% that isn't retarded respond saying "we love charvel"

>expensive
If you work at mcdonalds then maybe

who

>lapsteelfag report

Continuing adventures in Open A tuning. While I really like Open A in that a lot of older tunes are easily playable on the top 3 strings, it's becoming obvious why C6 is now pretty much standard. There's intervals you just can't get to easily without that 3-4 major second built into the tuning.

Moon of Manakoora
clyp.it/lr0x5n5j

Who is the ED ROMAN of our generation?
youtube.com/watch?v=arsSvebtSgw
[spoiler]how is Ronnie North someone who exists[/spoiler]

>Ed's dead
>Ed's daughter was found dead in the desert
The world is probably a better place now, but it's still unfortunate. I wanted more Ed happenings.

Well it sounds and plays very, very good. The features are excellent, especially for the price.
>locking tuners
>bypass tone knob or whatever it's called
>coil split on volume
>(white) seymours
>truss rod wheel above neck pick up
>smooth neck finish
>none of that fender plastic finish crap on the fingerboard
The body finish is very nice, although I'm a white guitar man so it's not that important.

The poorfags reveal themselves at the slightest provocation

gorgeous
haters can suck my headstock

you aint lying

yamaha or cordoba
check out amazon their reviews are p accurate
for sub $100 you shouldn't be too worried about quality anyways honestly just buy from a reputable brand so that it doesn't fall apart between your fingers

The new Ed Roman is The Tone King (can't say our generation, just some git that became the new Roman).
He even did a vid on Roman guitars

List of fa/gg/ots that ruined /gg/

>meal babby man children
>offset twink hipster faggots
>no money neet numbskulls
>blooze dad butt rawkers
>baboon bitch brazilian butt babbies
Did I forget anyone?

hardwood floor haters

Most of /gg/ has never even seen a hardwood floor. Same thing with les pauls, most of them have never even played one. They hate them because they'll never be able to have them.

TTK's playing is so fucking bad.

>tfw own a nice brand new Charvel and lives in a flat with hardwood floors
I truly am blessed.