Why does the music industry romanticize dying young?

Why does the music industry romanticize dying young?

its not the industry, just it makes an artist mysterious and deep and cheated by life

often, the image is just as or more important than the music itself when it comes to being famous and remembered, tho.

because they want to die

Adding to this, a group is more willing to be experimental and try crazy/different things while younger, which is literally more creative in a sense. Once in a while, it sticks, and this is what gets remembered.

Furthermore, scientific studies have actually confirmed that musical creativity peaks around age 30.

Third, we all know what it's like to be fans of someone who had great stuff when younger, and now they're just puttering along and we still love them, but we know deep down inside that it's just not as good. And it never will be, ever again.

All of this, taken together, gives reason to the fetishization of Jimi Hendrix, other dead young musicians, and so on.

social engineering. they select artists that are passionate about their art that are fucked up in real life or not smart enough to see the bigger picture and use the media to deify them so that stupidity and violence is promoted in the ghetto's despite the rappers actually believing that they are rebelling against the system. depression in the trailer parks so they can peddle us pharmaceuticals, and completely braindead consumer driven pop music to advertise to the youth and the borderline retarded.

i may sound retarded right now, but you'll begin to see that cynicism,self hatred, bad life decisions, etc. are all selected for.

It gets them out of the way quicker so they can sell you a newer younger prettier face every 5 years
I believe goofball will be their attempt at bringing this back

It's not just music.

>Acting
James Dean, River Phoenix, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, etc.

>Literature
Sylvia Plath, Albert Camus, David Foster Wallace, etc.

>Painting
Vincent Van Gogh, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Keith Haring, etc.

All were brilliant and went too soon. Who knows what they could have done had they lived? That mystery creates a sense of romanticism.

>I believe goofball will be their attempt at bringing this back
NOOOOOOOOOO

But seriously though he's gonna join the 27 Club. I'm calling it right now.

>All were brilliant and went too soon.
thats the point. nah they didnt, they went at a perfect time. they went out when it seemed like they peaked, instant becoming immortalized with their work with that factor of "they could have done so much more". maybe, but it would never have been as good.

because they usually only make their good albums early on and the record companies would rather not have to publish several more crap albums for a star with a big following

>tips fedora

your tendency to repeat what others do in a tired effort to fit in means you're a perfect fit for the target demographic. i bet you listen to a lot of dumb, negative music. :(

tips tinfoil hat.

Free song rights

lets give each other our snapchats and if he does it before he turns 28 obvs you win, but if you don't i get to fuck you in the ass .

finally i get some proper respect

Pls be in Chicago

Los Angeles.. :(

Wait a minute I'm in LA :) ..then again we'd probably end up insulting eachother's musical tastes and genetalia.

If blaming some nameless, faceless, malevolent, unified force for the misfortunes you've been dealt by a web of systems (that is infinitely more uncaring, disorganized, directionless, and short-term than you make it out to be) is what helps you cope with what is likely an uneventful and quietly-desperate life, then by all means: continue.

you're an idiot who doesn't want to except that life is meaningless and nobody knows what the fuck is happening in the world