ITT: Sup Forums BTFO!!!

ITT: Sup Forums BTFO!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

fitsmallbusiness.com/how-much-does-billboard-advertising-cost/
youtube.com/watch?v=wnVH0s1c9yY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Confirmed for success

>inb4 m-muh marketing cost and other trivial shit

You realize that they need to make 2-3 times the budget to even be considered a success?

>barely making back the budget is a success
I know you probably work in retail, but that's still a bomb to most studios.

you realise it hasn't been released in major markets like france, china and japan yet?

_donald
MGTOW
>>>/gamergoober/

you manchildren are sad!

Great! I'm looking forward to all the stories from the Ghost corps extended universe!

300 million total if you include PR

HUGE failure

144 million budget plus 150 million advertising budget. They're still firmly in the red and not even close to making their money back.

you realize that it's banned in china and nobody gives a fuck about it in france? dunno about japan.

(You)

But doesn't a movie have to make at least $850 million just to break even?!

STOP
MAKING
THIS
THREAD
EVERY
THREE
FUCKING
HOURS
seriously, this bait is so stale they wouldnt eat it in africa

OP doesn't understand advertising budgets.

Honestly, neither do I. Why does it often cost 150 million to promote bullshit?

POSTING
IN
ALL
CAPS
clearly you're upset and the b8 has worked

Thanks for encouraging it, retard

>linking reddit pages
Fuck off you cunt, you are cancer

ever heard of the BFG?

Considering they only see ~50% of the ticket money, they still haven't even recovered their production budget, let alone the marketing budget. And interest in the film is declining super quickly.

It's a shit movie and it bombed. I hope Feig never gets a big movie again.

The new ghostbusters was groundbreaking by using an actual gorilla to talk ebonics on screen instead of a black woman.

It doesnt it cost realistically around 20-50 million depeding on how big the movie and most of the time its included in the budget. But to save face Sup Forums has to make up fake numbers in order to be "right" even though they never are

Because it costs money to run advertisements of course. You need lots of people to see them if you want lots of people to come see your movie so you need to run lots of advertisements. It's just what it costs.

Any other movies that bombed this bad?

Wow, what a gigantic profit margin. *sniggers*

>being a buttblasted faggot

Plenty this summer, Tarzan , tmnt, bfg..

It needs to make another $500 mil to break even so hold your horses.

Big faggot gamer?

>china
I got some bad news for you

>tfw Sup Forums gets btfo for believing that this won't even make its budget back

It's banned in china, and I highly doubt it's gonna make any money in France. My compatriots only like french comedies, and generally not comedies carried by women. Could be wrong, but it's a general trend I have noticed.

It only earned like £4m in the UK which in theory should be the most fertile ground for it outside of America, considering that it's in our language and the Ghostbusters brand is very popular here. France, Germany and Japan are not going to save this turd.

>Honestly, neither do I. Why does it often cost 150 million to promote bullshit?
Bullshit or not, the costs is the same. Whether it is bullshit or answer to the meaning of life, the hiring of billboards and the release of commercials cost money. Just because your produt is shit doesn't make your ads any cheaper.
fitsmallbusiness.com/how-much-does-billboard-advertising-cost/
For example, a single billboard in a well position place can cost 4000 dollars to hire for 4 weeks. If you have 100 billboards across the US of A, for 3 months, that's 1.2 million dollars just for billboards.

And TV ads can cost millions too, just ask the presidential candidates.

What's up with all the shills recently?

>japan
>major market
Are you high?

>china
It's not getting a Chinese release.

the first million times it was slightly amusing but now it's stale as fuck

So Sup Forums hypes up how Ghostbusters will fail with 10 threads a day; then when it doesn't, they get tired of all the threads that gloat.

It did fail. Theres no way to explain that it made a profit or was successful

>ITT: Sup Forums BTFO!!!

Hollywood execs know exactly how to play the brain dead liberal SJW crowd and get them all worked up.

wasn't it just a decade ago these SJWs and Feminists were fighting AGAINST corporate greed and hollywood CEOs?

Now liberals are being used by Hollywood to shill their shitty movies... and the liberals have no self awareness that they're being used.

>So Sup Forums hypes up how Ghostbusters will fail with 10 threads a day; then when it doesn't, they get tired of all the threads that gloat.
I would love to hear the evidence that it didn't fail, because even the media have given up and declared that it is dead now. 2 weeks is the limits of how long people can live in denial.

The blue bar need to catch up to the red bar to make a profit. It isn't going to happen.

>Sup Forums says a film is gonna bomb
>it doesn't
>people point this out
>what up with the "shills"

>Sup Forums says a film is gonna bomb
>it does
>nu-males try to think of ways to explain that breaking even means success

Big fucking gun in id games?

It bombed faggot.

here's your reply

here's your reply

The director said it needed $400 Million to break even and you think it didn't bomb?

Didn't it have some absurd 150-300m marketing budget?

yep

reminder that fieg got 10mil and McCarthy 14mil for this piece of shit

That is 24mil just for paying 2 of the people involved

I wouldn't be surprised if this was fieg cashing out

Fuck yeah!
Women:1
Men:ZERO

>barely made its money back
>Sup Forums BTFO!!!

I must assume they made money from all the licensing and shit. Who DOESN'T want lime twinkies?

I want every reboot/remake to fail but sadly people just don't like original things they just want slightly different rehashes

pathetic attempts, shill

1% ROI

Sup Forums PERPETUALLY POSTERIOR PAINED!!!!!

> cinema cut
> marketing

Threadly reminder

>studios keep roughly 50% of domestic box office, 30% of foreign
>production budget does not include advertising budget
>Feig himself said the movie would need to gross $500M to turn a profit, which would put the marketing budget around $100M
>Mattel has said their sales of toys (to retailers, not necessarily from retailers to consumers) have "exceeded expectations" but have not said what those expectations were, probably modest since the box office predictions before release were poor, and they aren't distinguishing between sales of new vs old characters

youtube.com/watch?v=wnVH0s1c9yY

I love this Sup Forums btfo meme
Meanwhile in reality

pretty sure there's only one nigger

Could you be a bigger normie? Go back to polluting your general forums and reddit you massive cock jockey.