youtube.com/watch?v=fNDap8YCc7A
youtube.com/watch?v=Me1GIDy-U9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My car only has 1 gear

>claims to drive a stick

>posts stock image

fucking loser.

I can and drove one for 8 months.
That being said I'll never own another manual.

Not being to drive english

>Taking pics of your gear stick

okay

My pickup is a stick and I drive out every day, thank you.

Had an old Chevy Geo Storm as my first car.. stick is superior... sometimes.

I love driving stick, my wife's car is auto and it's boring to drive.

I'm ashamed that i cant.. when i was trying to learn manual i feel like a fucking retard.. like why is it so hard for me to grasp :( after reversing in a sloped car park i gave up

I replaced by '96 pickup with 2014 Tacoma and I was going to get a stick but the shifter was tiny. It didn't even feel good to shift it so I just bought the automatic. Only downside, no excuse not to let women drive it. When you have a stick you just say "sorry honey it's a stick" and they're done.

>i gave up
never son

youtube.com/watch?v=UjmwUkwZan8

isnt it called standard tranmission?

either or you should know that Manual and Standard mean the same thing.

modern automatics are more efficient and literally better in every way

Drove stick in Drivers ed, my toyota celica was stick, had it for 3 months before i crashed it doing stupid teenager things.

tits or gtfo

that is just retarded

Does being able to drive a manual transmission big rig count?

Driving a stick means you don't believe in God?
This meme is stupid and it's only posted by faggots

But I do...

>Implying fedora immediately means atheist

Speak for yourself, nigger.

mad stickfags
get with the times
literally just google it, maybe in the 80s stick was better but now we're here in the future were technology has improved

Manual:

- More reliable, fewer repairs and cheaper to maintain
- More control over your vehicle
- Requires skill
- Time honoured skill

Automatic:

- Less reliable, more expensive to maintain
- Relinquish control of your vehicle
- Any retard can do it
- Pussy ass millennial bullshit

Driving a standard seems like a lot of work and Millennials don't like working.

Half the assholes in the uk who drive manual drive like retards. Including me, so skill isnt really a factor.

Commuting every day in heavy traffic, manual is fucking shit.

Most places in the world drive manual. Automatic is only really favoured by Americans, who are mostly too incompetent to do otherwise. Hell, you fuckers are doing your best to avoid having to drive at all.

That's cool, hey could you also give us some tips on how you keep your vagina smelling fresh all day?

P
youtu.be/XlkesG3tvHw

It became the norm when people got cell phones and needed one hand free for them. Now we have touchscreens and stuff but people aren't going to go back. Also as another user pointed out they suck in commuter traffic.

I like stick don't get me wrong but there are good reasons.

I learned how to drive on a 1980 Chevy half ton 3 on the tree. I can drive any non commercial stick thanks to it.

Why would I drive manual transmission when I have automatic?

>google it

google what? an opinion? if all you need is a car to drive to and from whatever pathetic job you have, then yeah automatic is fine. but if youre a man and do man shit, then you need to have an automatic. otherwise, your car is in control of you.

Been driving stick for 18 years but I'll be getting a auto next time, clutch in and out in heavy traffic is a bitch on my knee. Other than that they are so much fun to drive.

Canadian

>do man shit
>reinforcing gender stereotypes

not able to till field and grow own crops, explain yourself

It's current year

I probably could. I chopped down a muthafuckin tree today. Come at me

>mayme arrowz
:^)

Learned to drive manual on a bike and learned to drive a manual car while test driving an Acura.

American, suck it. Both my vehicles are autos now though, feels bad.

Learned a few weeks ago on an old diesel pickup. I still suck, buy I mean I can do it.

Jesus fuck, manual drivers are like the vegans of the car world

Nobody is impressed that you drive manual, it's not fucking hard. I picked it up in a 4-5 days.

Im a truck driver.

Gearlets WWTL

It's less about being impressed by people who can drive a stick, and more about how pathetic it is that some people can't.

Do you still have to double-clutch? I remember someone explaining that shit to me a long time ago and it sounded hard.

it's not that people can't, it's that they choose not to. Most ( competent ) Americans could drive manual if they HAD to, but we're lazy fucks so we stick to autos

>how pathetic it is that some people can't.
Why? It's a totally unnecessary skill for most people.

No :(

People who claim to know how to drive a stick, but chew through transmissions faster than toilet paper.
Explain yourselves.

I've never been poor enough to have to drive an old manual

Nothing pisses me off more than when I'm following some dumb bitch in a minivan UP a hill and she is constantly tapping the brake pedal with her left foot.

If any man does this he should be forced to donate his balls to science

driving a stick shift in a city is a nightmare

It's the clutch 99% of the time with manuals. About 1/4 the cost to repair of an auto rebuild.

Only if you always need a hand free for your mochacino, cellphone and fags.

Redneck here
I learned to drive stick before I learned about sex

try commuting back and forth daily in a large city and driving a interstate twice a day in rush hour traffic.

Houstonfag here, can confirm
>05 manual Accord coupe
Funnest car I ever had though

Lol wut. I had a girl ask to drive my truck and I said "no". And then she hugged my arm and said "ppplleeasssseee" trying to be all cutesy, and I just said "No" hahaha wtf nigga. It ain't hard

Sounds like a lot of work. You show go fill the tub, throw in a couple of bath bombs and soak your vagina.

No one gonna point out this nigga said automatic twice?

Yeah, my second clutch is going out but it's been a decade. Clutches wear down no matter how careful you are, but I'm talking about the people that downshift to hard, dump the clutch too hard, over-rev because they can't be bothered to pay attention to a tac, their speed and what gear they are in or even the sound, if they don't have a tac like me. Most of them kill 1-3 transmissions before switching to an automatic because manuals "don't last as long."

You can not sit there and think that bumper to bumper traffic in a manual car is anything less than a huge hassle.

Mopeds aren't cars fag

not to mention I live in a area notorious for the worst drivers mass. I can't tell you how many near misses I had in my old wrangler before i finally said fuck it and sold it

I've done it. I don't find it entirely terrible, but I do agree, an automatic would be a better choice in that scenario. If I had to do it again, I'd get a camry or something and save my truck for days off.

Someone who drives manual like a pro.... can tell you that it can be fun but more annoying and less practical unless you have a sports car (I don't)

But I do, faggot. I'm also a burger.

It's always nice to be able sacrifice a bit of transmission life by downshifting and breaking to avoid getting totaled though.

Yes

2017 and still driving manual

this is the automatic era, humans can barely feed ourselves

I just learned how to drive stick after taking ownership of an old family truck.

It's ass.

It's doubly ass because I live in a crowded city, meaning plenty of stop-and-go traffic. I just want to get from point A to point B, which enough of a hassle on its own. Making me do a job a computer does better while I get there is just salt in the wound.

I guess I've just become an old man early in life. I drive a manual, cook my own food from scratch and fix my own shit when it breaks. I'll probably be dead soon in the great uprising of neets.

Nah, it's good for you. Learn to drive the old thing well. When you get a ride you choose for yourself, you'll appreciate it much more.

exactly. The control gained over your vehicle far outweighs any bullshit con an auto driver can claim exists

Have a 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 5 speed. Pretty sure I can drive stick

My first 2 cars were manual. I live in the city and drive through traffic every day. It's much nicer to do in a luxury automatic

Drove stick shift until last year when a smooth talking faggot sold me an automatic. I'm never going back.

I love my six speed wrx

If you've got a WRX or some torquey beast like that you have to get a stick. I hope they don't even make them in automatic, what a waste

nice, saved

Well hate to break it to you but they make a cvt

>wrx
2005 called, they want their car back.

is dis nigga srs?

I had to teach my neighbor's daughter how to drive a stick. She got a car with a stick shift from her grandparents as a birthday present but nobody in her family knew how to drive one and the girl was not going to let het mom and dad sell it to get her a used car with an auto and put the rest of the money in her college fund. She asked me to teach her and her parents couldn't say no fast enough so I took her out to a huge parking lot and got her idling around the place in first. After that shifting an braking were a breeze. I wish I didn't have to wait 2 years till she's old enough to give me that blowjob she promised.

haha nice if bait or even better if not

A girl who can drive a stick instantly gains 10% more respect

youtu.be/nBtYbvPxptk

>live in Los Angeles
>drink coffee
>(used to) smoke
>cell phone
>always fiddling with stereo
No problems. Will always drive stick. It's almost as if some people don't know to leave it in 2nd and creep along at a steady pace while the idiots in front of you are accelerating and breaking like retards over and over.

i can't even compute how accurate this is.

the only reason people drive stick is to race cars, or because it makes you feel superior.

in reality they make the ENTIRE road system worse.

People who can't driver manual tran:
youtube.com/watch?v=fNDap8YCc7A

The only automatic that is more efficient that a manual is actually a computer controled manual. So you could argue that that manuals are still more efficient.

Meh. I'm a shifty.

AT are *far* quicker off the line vs a manual trans.

It's more fun, and I wouldn't assume it makes anyone feel more superior. It's more about the old GT Grand Touring idealogy of loving to row gears on windy backcountry roads.

In a drag straight line, an automatic will dust a manual. So it's not about racing, it's about the traditional enjoyment of controlling the car, and feeling more intiimately connected.

In fact, it's likely that the manual transmission is one of the most highly integrated human - machine experiences.

It's just super fun.

>In a drag straight line, an automatic will dust a manual.
If you knew anything about performance cars you'd shut your mouth retard.

>>not being to drive
good going op

youtube.com/watch?v=Me1GIDy-U9g

Learned to use a clutch on a 1968 Ford tractor when I was 14. Since the transmission was unsynchronized I only learned shifting properly from gear to gear a year later.

Did you mom teach you both?