What do you guys think about spirituality? Total bullshit or a core of truth?

What do you guys think about spirituality? Total bullshit or a core of truth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NBQNpVVUNWg
youtube.com/watch?v=BdPTqvyIgBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Too ill-defined to even talk about.

True spirituality is about looking within yourself for answers, as soon as you've extended past that, you have failed

Let's put it like this, i have had some spiritual experiences but are they just an illusion made up by the mind or is there more behind it? It has a lot of potential for me.. if i meditate i have like a natural xtc buzz... I just don't know if i'm going insane or there just might be something about it.. i've always been a different person and have felt that something is not right.. but since there is schizofrenia in my family i've always ignored it and i was very scientificly focussed, but since now i've got a whole different point of view on.. i'm really questioning this to myself

>are they just an illusion made up by the mind or is there more behind it
Well we know that people can hallucinate and have induced feelings.
We don't know about anything "more" that could be behind it.

That sounds like self-administered psychotherapy.

And let's say i have some small clue's that not everything about it was a hallucination.. but that i might have misunderstood things... i'm not shure if my mind is just playing a game with me. I mean i would consider the risk going insane for finding out if nobody would tell me but if it's shure i would go insane then i would probably not take the risk

Why don't you start by defining it so a conversation can be had, you dumb fuck.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

And yes it is, my psychiatrist and psychologist haven't been a really great help for me so i've had to figure things out all by myself, i've improved myself a lot but there shure as hell is a long way to go

>i'm not shure
>shure

You're also not that intelligent. No wonder you're easily fooled by your own consciousness.

It essentially the building block for a great life

My native language is not english and i've had a few beers if that might explain, i've got an IQ somewhere around 120 if that might be of use... i would not consider myself smart actually because i've made a lot of stupid decisions in the past

>Let's put it like this, i have had some spiritual experiences but are they just an illusion made up by the mind

Yes.

How so?

Both of these

Is there any way to prove it actually is? And how so? I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything but science is not exact science, with the look of modern science conciousness cannot be explained and would not even exist, but i know that i am concious.. or that also must be an illusion but it seems to me it would be rather strange

Spirituality is a broad concept, but I'll keep my response narrow. I think the more "inner peace" stuff could be very useful to people by helping them balance life and develop certain beneficial philosophies, but believing in horoscopes/gods/other external spiritual mumbo jumbo is kinda dumb.

Saying that science cannot currently fully explain something does not mean that it would not exist.

Well there's no bullshit, nor truth inside your spirit. Your spirit is what you consciously make of it (the conscient) and what you unconsciously make of it (the inconscient).

When you understand these two entities, you can try to imagine them, make them live.

These two entities are always in conflict. It took me 6 years to finally reconcile them. How? Belief.

Not an ignorant belief, a conscious belief: "I know that what I am imagining might be not even real, but I still believe in it".
This is real hard, but if I did it, you can also do it.

This was my way to enter my own spirituality, imagining the conscient and the unconscient as two different persons inside me. Don't ever follow meditation courses, religions or anything: you can't enter in your mind when you are following codes.
Follow your own path.

But what would you do that?
- You will know yourself
You won't lie to yourself anymore, because your unconscious pulsions, desires and memories will all be clear.
The unconscient will become a friend: you will ask him a question about yourself before bed, he will answer you in a dream.

- Improved memory

- Understand the process of inspiration in artistic activites, let the unconscient do what he wants to do.
Be careful, don't let him be stronger than your conscient (what happens during pyschedelic journeys) because there is not point in that.

Anyway, don't forget that all that is beliefs. But one day, to understand spirituality, you must forget your sceptical edginess a little bit to enter this strange world.

>Is there any way to prove it actually is? And how so?

Is there any way to prove it's not? And granted that there is not currently a way to prove that it's all in the mind, what evidence is there to point elsewhere?

Given everything we currently know and understand, it makes no sense to assume a metaphysical explanation where none is necessary.

I'm saying that science is denying something they cannot explain and putting it away as an illusion (conciousness) since all matter in the universe is unconcious but we as humans aren't

Are you aware of emergent properties?

Again, according to everything we currently understand about neurology, all evidence points to consciousness and spiritual experiences as being elaborate illusions based in the physical realm of the brain. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that gives evidence to anything other than that. No, it cannot be "proven," but that in itself is not a reason to insert an explanation based on zero evidence.

>"I know that what I am imagining might be not even real, but I still believe in it".
This is real hard, but if I did it, you can also do it.
Why would I want to do this?
>You won't lie to yourself anymore
Except the whole exercise is based on a lie.
>But one day, to understand spirituality, you must forget your sceptical edginess a little bit to enter this strange world.
So you want me to abandon reality and embrace fantasy. No thanks.

Based on lie? I didn't lie to myself, I just open my mind to all the possibilities the human brain can offer.

>I just open my mind to all the possibilities the human brain can offer.
>the human brain

As long as you understand it's all happening there and nowhere else, have fun.

You said yourself that you are consciously forcing a belief. That's not being open to possibilities.

google what is New Thought

Thank you for sharing.

Fuck that other guy, I took from this what I could. All we can do is try to understand..

not him but what is reality then?

Probably also an illusion made up by your mind i guess, i mean we are just animals so there is no reality only perspective.. as long as it influences me in a positive way i guess i'll be fine (still a little worried about the schizofrenia tho)

Edge-master

I am an agnostic. As a conscient human being who lives in society, I believe in what is and I am questionning myself on what is not.

At the same time, I understand that I am a spiritual human being who was unconscously given a perception of the world during my childhood. Thanks to my work, I don't stick to a single perception of the word, of life anymore.

But as you say, its all happening in my brain. That's what spirituality is all about. Know yourself. Be the one you want to be. Don't spread your beliefs and ways of thinking as the universal truth.

I mean that's why I am not really into religions, because it pushes a single way of thinking, a single perception. That's bullshit.

Each person's reality is part of the universal consciousness

i was worried about that last night actually, ive been listening to some of Alan Watts' lectures.

If you truly believe something is real, then it's real. I use to not believe in anything spiritual, today i can feel half of my chakras writhe on my back. If You've ever seen The movie The men who stare at goats, it's like that basically

Edges cut through bullshit.

Cancer is only real because the majority of people believe it exists. Same goes for a lot of disease and the like

It's just an aspect of the universe bro, you can live a fulfilling life with or with out contact with non physical entities

>If you truly believe something is real, then it's real
Try truly believing that there is a million dollars sitting in a pile right in front of you.

how?

This was my way of entering in the depths of my mind. You don't have to do it, it is just what worked for me so I kept believing in those two entities.

I can't help you more than that. The true path to spirituality doesn't exist, every paths are good.

That would take a lot of time and mastery of the physical plane of existence that i don't have. Still working on the mental plane bro, give it some time haha

That's why i'm worried.. you will probably see the milion dollars and act like it and before you know you're locked up in a mental institution and return to reality knowing you're fucked

Through shared consciousness

If every path is a good one for reaching the destination, then I don't think the destination is real.

Bullshit.

Or you could force others to believe money is worthless. Also you know it's much easier to grow onto an infinite idea than to zap scraps of printed timber into existence.

I mean if you can zap something into existence you can probably zap anything, but you need to practice that ability of zapping for a while first.

Try forcing me to believe that money is worthless. I dare you.

Shared consciousness is a proven fact, I just don't care enough to explain it xD

It's all about the journey, not the destination i guess because you end up dead anyways

Money isn't real, you can't understand anything if you cling to your false perceptions

Not in the way you are using the term it's not.

Don't give up your dream of being anything, accumulate your energy and know there are others that believe in your ability to grow far beyond this state of man.

Meh only partially about spirituiality but I really like Elon Musks theory on about us being in a simulation.

Cause if you think of it this way, if this life is mearly a game, and when you die the simulation ends. Technically whatever you do doesnt matter, and nothing really can dissapoint you. You do whatever you like and you do your best to try get a "high score" in life, whatever that is in your mind, then when you die you just get out. Its kinda like that rick and morty episode when he plays the virtual reality game.

I guess its kind of a different way of believing in heaven or an afterlife, but still not having to follow the way religious ppl live, idk

what do you guys think.

>the dollar bills in your hand are imaginary

Do you even know what is the destination?
I don't even know it. There's no destination, it is just a road that never ends.

I totally understand what you are saying. I felt like you do fro a long time.
The "destination" implies that there is an end in the process: the "ideal of spirituality", what Buddha reached.

In my spirituality the only end that exists is death. The life gives us time to understand who were are, then death finally interrupts the process.

So the "buddha-like spiritual ecstasy" is not what I seek for.

Yes it is, it's been proven with certain experiments... but to me it seems so unbelievable, but at the end.. if for some reason it is possible for the universe to exist wouldn't anything be possible?

You create your own wall of mind. I can't make you do anything, it's your choice to believe in a better world being possible.

>I felt like you do fro a long time.
It's been my experience that people who say that never actually felt the way that I do.

To me that would be a path to full blown psychopathy

> I can't make you do anything
Then why did you claim you could?

It's real in the sense that it is a tool, it's useful in the society we live in, but without society, its only good for kindling

Find a way of life that lets you enjoy your fleeting life and don't waste time shitting on others.

Nice Dubs! thanks Sup Forumsrother

It's not real in the sense that it enables cancer and other diseases.

I guess, but would that make you happy really, be real for a moment.

I guess you could not give a dam about morals and jusst become a killer but on the other hand , why? you can do whatever the fuck you want in life, when people realize that its like "eye opening"

If youre talking spirituality like spirits and the existence of souls then ??? = Opinion circlejerk

Closest i get to spirituality is I believe buddha was a guy who spent a lot of time trying to master his mind, and like a great master at anything, he learned some things the average guy couldnt.
Tennis master learns new techniques how to better hit the ball, master of the mind understands how to better use the mind.

Mastering your mind > other things

Master your mind and then other things will be easy.

Anything is possible, you just have to be patient, we LITERALLY have eternity to figure this out

this nigga talkin about the secret

I'm a different guy, I started replying to you at But just because I believe people, including myself can do anything, doesn't mean I'm going to do everything I can get my grubby mitts on.

People not being at harmony within themselves enables those toxic ideas to take root

Hermetics, check it out

nigger

>Anything is possible
Is it possible for A to be not A?
>we LITERALLY have eternity to figure this out
Except that you'll die, so no. There's also the potential problem of the heat death of the universe.

it is totally truth
youtube.com/watch?v=NBQNpVVUNWg

Why, i don't know why but i'm pretty shure i would... for some reason the way i look at reality would change so much without actually changing a thing..

Read: Waking Up by Sam Harris

Cancer isn't just an idea. The concept of cancer refers to a real object in reality. Whether or not you are at harmony with yourself, you can get cancer.

My body will die eventually, yes, but our souls are immortal dude. Your too combative and closed off to the idea to really get it though. Karma is real as well

No, i can't

>our souls are immortal dude
Why do you think souls exist? Why do you think souls are immortal?
>Your too combative
Being combative is how we separate truth from not truth.
>closed off to the idea
I'm open to ideas, but the entrance fee is high.
>Karma is real as well
The evidence suggests otherwise.

"Sprituality" explains almost nothing since it's not just a huge field of often mutually exclusive ideas, but also a usually poorly defined one.

Prove it.

youtube.com/watch?v=BdPTqvyIgBE

>but our souls are immortal dude.
>Karma is real as well

You simply cannot state these things as facts. You don't know this. You don't possess this knowledge. Believe what you want - but admit it's a belief. Otherwise you're a liar or delusional, and neither trait is attractive.

I believe karma isnt something like, "uh oh you were mean to someone and karmas gonna get youuuu".

It's more like, theres a web of decisions that began at the beginning of humanity and before, where each choice led somehow to this moment. So every choice is connected to something, and every choice you make will affect the future, for better or worse.

Careful now kids, let's not enter in the super relative realm or we'll end up like those tumblr faggots who identify themselves as random things that never had sexual organs.

I just know what I've experienced, if i try it and it doesn't work, then i stop doing it. I get a lot of my idea from ancient cultures, Egyptians, Sumerians. I research works attributed to Hermes Trismegistus.

I've had some mdma on my birthday about 250mg in crystals, but i stayed in it for like a week or so and then i could see proof of karma and stuff but as far as i know it might be an illusion

You either belief me or you don't, i could care less

>I just know what I've experienced
You know what you believe you've experienced. Human memory is actually notoriously unreliable and the human mind is prone to fallacious reasoning.
>I get a lot of my idea from ancient cultures
I get my ideas from modern culture, though a lot of those ideas can trace there roots back to ancient culture. Skeptics have been around for a long time.

Yeah, simply put, you reap what you sow. Plain and simple

Don't worry he's problably thinking it's just about rolling a 20 and everything will be as he wants.

>belief me
>could care less

Well, you're not making a great case for yourself intelligence-wise.

But I'm sure you couldn't care less.

Okay. I don't.

Strive for perfection. Acknowledge perfection may never be attained, but strive for it nonetheless.

He could probably care slighly less.

It's not Ellon musk theory, that's as old as the sims 1.

And how is that concept helping you getting somewhere? Do you feel joy now knowing your life is a pointless motherfucking game? Do your pain feel less real? Will this theory prevent you from shitting all over yourself when you're close to die?