Need an advice from some guy with knowledge about weapon...

need an advice from some guy with knowledge about weapon ,im looking for an handgun 9mm my first choice would have been an smith wesson mp shield whats your opinion about it ? any other gun like this one ? he seem like a good gun for starting and not really expensive around 500 bucks

Had a shield and loved it, def recommended.

It is good

is it a good one for someone like me with 0 gun experience before ? i heard there is no safety lock for this gun is it right ?
anyway thanks for the reply bro

Reliable, small and easy to conceal, and pretty easy to clean. If you're just looking for something small for home defense or a conceal carry, I'd recommend it.

Springfield xd9
The trigger pull on s&w is fucking retarded
Also fuck off to >>>/K/

The shield is a really good gun. It comes down to what you want to use it for. The shield is really meant more for concealed carrying, it's not the easiest to shoot but it's easy to hide. If you are just looking for a gun to take to the range and shoot or home defense I'd recommend a full size Smith and Wesson M&P. Honestly with any modern day handgun you can't go wrong with Smith, Sig, HK, Glock or any of the other big names.

Get a glock 43 or a glock 27, safeties are for losers.

Springfield xd9

My niggers

that's exactly what im looking for im looking for something i could carry easily without being too huge but still being a good weapon but thanks for that response its an helpful one

OP, I highly encourage you to look into the Sig Sour P320

that one look nice but did you had one ? what do you think of it ?

>Sour

why do you recommend it ? if i had to judge only by the look its a good looking one but we are not here for the fashion week lol so is it a good one to use ?

go to /K/ they'll know more than us

OP real men don't need guns. And if the Russians didn't rig our elections we could have had a gun free society. At any rate drumpf will be impeached by April so what ever.
SAGE

dont waste ur time with a 9mm get a 45 acp best accuracy and easy recoil for gun novices

Yeah then the Shield is great, glock 43 is great, I'd stay away from the sig p938 personally. The p320 is amazing but even the subcompact version is a bit bigger than a shield. The shield can be bought with or without a safety btw

I have a Shield 40 iny hand right now! Absolutely love it and Smith and Wesson customer service is extremely excellent.

Surefire, affordable. Easy to use. Would recommend to a bro

sorry guys for posting here i didnt saw there was a special forum for it ! my bad i was just looking for help from guys with knowledge :)

LOL

Pretty much this.

It depends what you want from the gun. Like cars guns have their roles. You wouldn't take a prius to race a mustang.

It's a decent gun the main problem with it is the trigger is not the best. HOWEVER don't buy into the trigger nazi shit. Whatever gun you get you have to train with it. A better trigger will only do so much.

I would recommend the sig p320 which is roughly the same price. However you can interchange parts and the frame making it more versatile. The stock trigger is also damn good for a striker fired gun.

If the p320 isnt your choice I'd go glock pick your flavor they have a model for any role you can think of and the aftermarket is stupid but that also makes parts for it cheap. Having shot both the shield and glock 19 I personally found the 19 to be less shit but not great but again train with your gun and get used to it.

Another thing to note is consider the used market. Plenty of people buy a gun shoot maybe a few 100 rounds through it in a year then it sits in a safe till they decide to sell it. You can save 50-100 or more bucks which is more ammo for training. Also if you get the gun and don't like it you spent less and have the potential to lose less as well.

whats the main difference between a 9mm and a 45 ? thats a noob question i know but i dont really have a clue about it
the shield is really the one that caught my attention soooo.. lol
thanks for the advice i will look more about it
where im from i dont think the customer service will work but thanks bro

>whats the main difference between a 9mm and a 45 ? thats a noob question i know but i dont really have a clue about it
One is light and travels fast, one is heavy and travels slow.
One is .30 caliber one is .45 caliber.
9mm generally has more capacity for a given size.

Both will get the job done.

Why pussy 9mm? Can't handle a man's caliber, need to buy that euro faggy shit?

Springfield, Smith are both solid. Springfield Xd has a ton of really good trigger mods available. Sig has the 320 which is also a solid option but more expensive

Literally on the random board.

interesting thanks for those advice i will look more into what you said

I think it is highly dependent on what you are looking for in your first gun, your budget, and the laws where you live. But off the cuff nothing beats the Maxim 9. Built in silencer, what more do you need.

>berreta 92fs master race

Concealed carry guns won't usually have a safety. The "safety" is on the trigger.

ok nice , if i had to choose i would prefer the faster one idk why so 9mm would be the better choice
lol im not trying to prove to be a tough guy or not men i just want advice to start with guns :p its like with motorcycle you dont start with a yamaha R1 or else you get fuck quick :p
im from europe so guns law are fucking strict so i need one easy to carry and not to big also , i live in a place where you can get rob pretty easily with the kind of bike i have so i need something to keep fuckers away dont want to do anything stupid or else just self protection

for home defence, or close quarters if he wants to corneal carry, a 9mm will do the trick just fine.

ok men and do you think its a bad choice for a beginner to start with one without safety ?

Go. To. A. Gun. Store.

A gun that works, sico is falling apart and they still haven't got that thing running reliably. Even at demo day at Shot it was choking constantly

xds is also a good option.
stock trigger can be a bit heavy though. nothing that a $19 spring kit can't fix though.

So then go all James Bond and get a Walther PPK, they are a little high in price but conceal nicely, reliable as hell, and shoot straight. Bonus for looking like a secret agent.

if i lived in america i would dude lol where i am the hardest part will be to find the exact gun i want and i really dont want to try my luck on tor xD

p320 - only pistol you need for a primary. modularity wins.

My first gun was a 45, I shoot it very well and because the round is stout you can't limp wrist it, fewer malfunctions.

thanks everyone for the reply and advice it was really helpful , i will certainly get a shield because there is a lot of good opinion about it but if i can get a p320 too i think im gonna get both and try by myself :)
thanks bro

bites your hand in 380

Glock 19 Get it, I got a shield but that Glock is King.

Uh, no. The PPK is a heavy steel gun. .380 is nothing out of it.

H&K VP9

I have the shield in 9mm and 40. Both are awesome guns. Some people will say not to get a plastic gun but Glocks are some of the best guns around and have been for the last 50 years. I'd personally get a glock unless not having a safety is a deal breaker. Only thing about the shield that I do not like of how annoying it is to clean the firing pin. Whereas the glocks back plate slides off with ease and the firing pin slides out with no problem

Always a good choice op. My fav feature on the m/p is the fact that someone is trying to take your weapon, if you drop the mag, it won't fire the chambered round. I've got a CZ SP-01 that I like. 19 in the mag and one in the chamber.

Until Sig stole the crown

Fuck those neckbeards. Random is the key word on this board. Carry on op.

Glock 19 Gen 3.

what do you mean ? if you drop the mag the gun cant fire even with a bullet in the chamber ?
plastic gun ?
lol i know i post in the wrong part of Sup Forums so its a bit my fault too but thanks for the support xD
i often hear people say bad things about glock idk why really

Polymer frame, steel slide/barrel

I've got a Colt .45 MK IV Series 80 and a custom Glock 19 Gen 3. I've never had a single issue with my Glock and it's what I use for everyday carry. The Colt on the other hand, it will blow a bard door off its hinges, but after a few mags it starts to jam like crazy.

Too lazy to read the rest of the thread, shield 9mm is a good gun though man. I'd definitely reccomend it

The shield is nice, but I prefer carrying my M&P fullsize or the glock42 380

S&W M&P Bodyguard 380 w/ crimson Trace integral laser. Not a heavy hitter but very effective at the ranges typically involved in personal protection, and something about seeing that red dot zeroed in on their chest tends to calm people down. Also plant a nice pattern in a 2" spread. One shot it the chest will likely discourage assailant, 7 shots in a 3" pattern will send them to hell.

Glock 19, get almost double the capacity and it's roughly the same size gun.

>and it's roughly the same size gun

LCP II is better, cheaper

thanks ! always nice to hear side from actual glock user , maybe one day i'll try one
hum ok you are not the only one thinking that
i need an easy one to carry and hide under a jacket or else so i dont know if that would be the better choice for my situation
i looked into that one too and loved the laser but what do you think would be the main difference between the shield and the bodyguard ? except the laser of course , which one is easier to carry ?

Yeah fuck me right, way different

Faggot thinks you need a big gun to be a man

Personally don't mind it. Never had issues with my glocks. I have a glock 19 and a 26 a sig Sauer p250 c shield 9 and 40. All polymer frames. All amazing guns

Every Shield I've seen has a designated safety.

But yes, it's a very intuitive gun. You might want it in 9mm since .40 is kind of snappy for a beginner

Ayyy me, except I have a gen 3

Get an M&P Shield Performance center. Its worth the extra $ for the trigger alone. I own one and its my EDC.

At least show a good comparison dumbass

Also useful if you need to spray a crowd with frag

They make them without the safeties too

Get the Sig P320. It's an amazing firearm.

lol yeah good point, better to lose 7 rounds rather than have a gun that's half an inch longer. Solid logic faggot.

great looking guns love them
that's what i tought i dont want to take risk with my first one , got to go step by step lol
why for the trigger?

How's your slide rounded on the glock 19? Might be a dumb question. Just wodnering. Mines square

Also smaller and thinner overall. Thinness being the important thing for carry

Gen 3 vs Gen 4

are we going to pretend like Glock isn't the most common handgun on the planet? Are we going to pretend like 90 percent of cops don't carry Glocks? Are we going to pretend like Navy Seals don't carry Glocks?

Too spicy4me

Well done, user.

So the gen 3 is rounded? I kinda like it better honestly. I might have to get a gen 3 slide for the gen 4 if I can

you are talking millimeters to lose 7 MORE FUCKING ROUNDS

>are we going to pretend like Glock isn't the most common handgun on the planet

And Bud Light outsells Fat Tire every day of the week...

>Are we going to pretend like 90 percent of cops don't carry Glocks?

>Taking cues from people who get shot at by crackheads for $32,000/year

>Are we going to pretend like Navy Seals don't carry Glocks?

The one I know personally carried a USP

My Glock 19
>TFX TruGlo Day/Night Fiber Optic/Tritium Sites
>Extended Mag Release
>Extended Slide Lock
>Titanium Slide Takedown Lever
>Titanium Trigger Pins
>Stainless Guide Rod with 18 Pound Pull

I think the last thing I'm going to do to it is add a mag well and switch the trigger out for a diamond trigger system with a 3lb pull to match the pull of my Colt.

Over the course of a 12 hour day on your belt, yeah.

I'm not a cop, I'm not in extended gun battles on a daily basis.
If I had a job to carry a gun, yeah I'd carry a bigger duty weapon, but for daily carry, comfort means you'll actually carry it.

It use to be usp but apparently the new carry gun for seals is glock 19s or 17s I think. With threaded barrels

Other way around

How do you like your 19 Gen 4? I wasn't a big fan of the dual springs and beaver tail changes they made.

I have a gen 4 and I had the gen 3 but sold it. Neither of then had that. My gen3 26 does though. And the photo up top dude has a gen 4 and it's squared

don't want to take side but you are right , that's what i'm looking for something i could carry easily without taking too much space , where i am i'm not allowed to carry one so it got to be easily hidden so millimeters can count and im not looking into gangwar shooting so .. lol

but dont fight over that men lol

I didn't like the Beaver tails either but I stuck with the medium size and it feels weird when I take it off. I love the grip on the gen 4 too. And you can get aftermarket Springs if you prefer.

I prefer as much as I can have in a magazine. I'm 6'2 and have a good frame so I can conceal carry full size pistols without worry but to some people they are willing to make that sacrifice for more concealability. Don't make sense to me as I've never met a man who said "wow I shouldn't have brought those extra rounds, I sure didn't need those."

Well guys thanks a lot for all the response i got to go , never thought my thread would live so far lol i really appreciate all of your advice thats why i love Sup Forums have a great night bros

glock 17 gen 3

500 dollars new also.

they are the most reliable why deal with anything else.

Well that's shit. The rest of the military told Glock to go suck a fat one, they would rather have Sig

The shield is a good weapon, but wait for the shield m2.0 to come out.
Supposed to have a way better trigger. Not that the current one is total shit, but many people end up putting the apex trigger in it.
Get one when the m2.0 comes out

usp compact for me in 45. 9mm is a target shooting round and you're asking for trouble relying on it for self defence

Beats the guy who said "wow, I wish I had brought a gun, but my big old brick is just to uncomfortable"

Most important thing in a gunfight is to have a gun.