Listen to literally no music

>Listen to literally no music
>like literally no music just shit everyone and their mother has heard mixed with a tiny bit of Sup Forums-core
>discovered shoegaze from Sup Forums decided I like that genre and now listen to nothing but loveless and a couple other meme albums
>able to name the least obscure artists on the planet that people play at parties
>wow you know nirvana and bob marley!!
>name some ultra well known indie artist like Neutral Milk Hotel
>you literlly know everything about music user
>user you're so into the scene omg that's like so cool
>no one even knows shoegaze so I can't tell them it actually the only music genre I listen to
>all the "music" kids at my uni think i'm there friend
this is common right? Do I just live in a particurally pleb area?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=24MtHXDa8PM
youtube.com/watch?v=HHxDhPrVqgc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes this is normal

From what you said it sounds like you just listen to what you consider "no music"

Normies listen to less than no music

So you actually listen to more than you think

Yes it's normal. I'm very similar but the main genre i listen to isn't shoegaze so it's easier to describe to normies
Sorry your genre isn't well known enough by normies to make it easier to describe, friend :(

>be a broad, nonspecific, pleb
>be more recognizable and accessible to normalfags
>be actually knowledgable and tasteful
>repulse normalfags

thats all there is to it, I try to find a nice balance

>>name some ultra well known indie artist like Neutral Milk Hotel

Like what? List some.

you sound like an alt-normie. nothing wrong with that, in fact alt-normies are seen as cool and hip by regular normies

Lord Huron
Saint Vincent
Sufjan
Car Seat Headrest

I guess the lat isn't that well know but yeah I know some Sup Forums names like that and death grips.

>Lord Huron

yikes man. shit is straight garbage, no offence. youtube.com/watch?v=24MtHXDa8PM even this band is better

but yeah I know what you mean. those artists are in that spot of not being exactly top 40 material but not too alienating to top 40 listeners, its a sweet spot of sorts that is perfect for looking "cool" to normies or whatever.

I've been the "Music Guy" since highschool mostly. The guy "who heard everything." and whatnot.
In retrospect, I only really got into music seriously about three years ago or so. I have friends that The Smiths is already too underground for them.
Common conversation:
>What's some of your fav bands user.
>Nine Inch Nails
>Who?
>I...It's kinda like Marilyn Manson?
>Oh, yeah, cool.

all areas unfortunately are pleb areas, user
except for kenya

>highschool kids not knowing NIN, but know Marilyn Mansion
are you in a christian school?

Lord Huron is amazing you fuckwit do you even go outside and walk in woods and up mountain like fuck me imagine being so limited

>people knowing Marilyn Manson
What patrician wonderland do you live in?

Ethiopia is a patrician utopia m9

Oh, not highschool, I've been out of highschool before I actually got into NIN, but in college and at work, but yeah, people know Marilyn Manson, but there's a lot of people who weirdly don't know NIN.
I had this girl from work that caught me hearing Swans once and she was like "You're on Sup Forums aren't you?", she was cool.

manson is tumblr-core, user, all the kids know him

youtube.com/watch?v=HHxDhPrVqgc
Cherish the calm bro

Are you literally retarded? Manson was all over MTV in the 90s, everyone over 17 knows him. No wonder you think lord huron, i.e. generic """indie folk""" copy/paste band, is good

Lmao

Also Lord Huron is great fite me irl you cunt

>phoneposter

lord huron is a relic of a bygone era where people thought indie folk was actually good, before the 20 million talentless indie folk bands started breaking down that idea

I'm in bed on my day off shitposting

Feels good brah, you should try it

Go listen to free jazz or something you pointy little tit

Fucking this.
When i first went to uni i thought i would meet more people with diferent tastes and more "refined taste" i could relate to, but to my surprise the normies still listen to the same highschool-core music like Guns and roses, nirvana mettalica, slayer etc. I respect peoples tastes and never shit on someones tastes unless they do that to me first, but seeing people say they are "really into music" and never go as far as listening to bring me the horizon makes me cringe.

Being "really into music" is just from their perspective. They probably don't know many people more into it than them, so don't bash them too hard.

i used to play softball in school and on rare occasions, old friends and family members would reminisce about it. I haven't watched, heard, or played anything to do with sports since middlechool
BUT IM TOTALLY INTO SPORTS GUYS WAHEY