Other urls found in this thread:

gentoo.org/
discordapp.com/download
lifewire.com/remove-amazon-application-from-ubuntu-4134329
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Welcome to hell

Steam

>But mah games

All the indie games are on there. Terraria has been keeping me busy lately.

Nigga please, I live in hell

Was looking for something like a softphone, or whatever, but alright

Whonix :^)

Apache, MySQL, PHP.

Not a big tor fan, but OK

Arch

Only know C++ but okay

VM or Hardware?

Install whatever you want, it won't un-rape you.

unrape.tar.gz

sudo rm -rf /

Trust me, it'll seriously help. I've been having trouble with xorg crashing and killing my shell extensions. I ran this command and cleared it right up

Chrome. Not firefox. Not chromium. Chrome.

sudo apt-get install Gentoo

Is it like system 32?

Not easy on Ubuntu

No system 32 on Ubuntu

This?
gentoo.org/

Never said Ubuntu had system 32

Neither did I

Essential

discord
discordapp.com/download

I tried it once
Also did echo "An hero" before

Wine
Then you can run something usefull.

Kek
Already gonna get it.

What do I need to do to totally secure Mint?

OP here
Amature white-hat

Rule #1 of hacking is everything is hackable.

VPN's, Encrypted disk, Mac-changer, sha-256 passwords, encrypted password managers, etc etc
But like I said, everything is hackable

sudo user-get link Gentoo

yus

Tor

Mail.ru Internet, Mail.ru Agent & Mail.RU Guard.

>sha-256
good luck with that

one of those is a web daemon, one is an rdbms and the third is a scripting language. do you even use a computer?

sweet

God I remember going through my Linux phase. At the time I knew my way around a Windows install pretty well but damn Linux was brutal

python? I only know c++

Phase?
I'm in engineering, it's a career for me.

Well, other then turning on the firewall I meant. I just starting using Mint so I thought Id ask

It really depends on which "Linux" you went with. Some were a lot more unforgiving than others. Nowadays stuff like Mint makes it much more approachable.

Look up vids on security
Hak-5 is helpful

sl

wut?

c++? I only know byte code

Ok thanks, just trying to say fuck you to window 10

Still better than Basic

Great, now try installing Arch in a virtual machine

htop

Its good for when you inevitably are sitting at a coffee shop and want eveyone to think you are some kind of smart faggot. When in actuality you are just 60% of a nerd and only do the bare minimum in order to have conversational skills with people with real passion or else you wouldnt have installed ubuntu in the first place and do somthing useful like write a program instead of trying to look smart.

trust me id know.

and here I thought programming in pure COBOL 60 was my crowning achievement.

not saying much

Seconding Mint. Vanilla ubuntu has spyware in it that reports back to Amazon and other companies now. Unless you feel like hacking that shit out, just get Mint. It's Ubuntu without the crap.

Also go to gog.com for your gaming needs. It's cheap, DRM free, currated (rea: no greenlight Bullshit!) and has tons of linux games on it.

I wish I could too
I own a gaming laptop :(

Fucking hate windows 10

sudo apt-get install vlc apache2 gedit gimp xpdf libreoffice steam thunderbird spotify firefox lynx sl

Many games work on Linux now, especially if you don't fall for the steam meme.

You mean wire shark?

>using amazon app
>amazon app reports back to amazon just like the website
>spyware

fuck off you paranoid faggot.

Depends on your engineering field. I'm still surrounded by mother fucking windows NT

Mail.ru Internet, Mail.ru Agent & Mail.RU Guard.

>gaming laptop
>thinks windows sucks

Autist detected.

Windows black screens on me and fucks up

Windows 10

Got it

Already got it on another laptop

> Doesn't know it comes on the machine standard and has to be manually removed/turned off if it can be removed at all.

Kek.

lifewire.com/remove-amazon-application-from-ubuntu-4134329

I never play games, Just installed Mint. I duel boot windows at home for audio recording software. Trying to learn how to switch over from a heavy hitter like Pro Tools to something on a linux platform, but it seems pretty complicated audio interface to software wise.

>Wine
That's a weird way to spell VirtualBox. Wine is shit.

Amazon will start recommending child modeling DVDs if it finds out you visit this site

And you will spend 2 hours in linux trying to figure out some weird audio driver problem when you are just trying to watch a movie with friends. Windows has its problems but at least its consistent. If you want stability buy a mac, if you want to be a software dev install linux, if you want to play games and , just fucking use windows and be a happy fuck

>sl
I like the cut of your jib.

I have been using Audacity. It's pretty barebones, but the interface is clean and easy to work with.

Fuck overpriced macs

>weird audio driver problem
It took me about 2 years to finally find out how to get the third speaker to work right.

I have ubuntu.

so dont use the amazon app its that fucking simple.

>goes to amazon.com
>Finds out they use that information for marketing
>boo hoo
>how do I uninstall amazon.com
>cant
>spyware

it doesn't spy it literally does the same fucking thing that any website does. The only difference is its not in a browser.

Didn't they get rid of that after the backlash?

it took me one video

So don't buy one. Its that simple.

>Im too poor to afford a mac
>that means everyone else is overpaying

its actually that I just enjoy the consistency of the platform, and want bash, and don't want to have to deal with all of the linux pitfalls and issues. If I factor in the hourly rate of trying to figure out "linux problems" I could just pay for the mac 2x over.

I used a linux box professionally for 7 years.

Now I use a mac, because I have a job in software and its actually fucking easier when your computer comes out of the box working correctly with no driver issues and stable performance.

ever try and get good battery life out of a linux laptop?

Hakintish
I may be poor, but i'm not stupid

If you use the Ubuntu official search feature that comes up when you press the Super key, that information is sent to Amazon and they store that information about you. If you use the Amazon website, you are aware that they are tracking you and you consent to it.

If you use an operating system not developed by Amazon, you are not aware they are tracking you and the consent is dubious.

The difference is pretty night and day, if you don't care then keep using Ubuntu.

Obviously, it was only like an hour and a half over 2 years.

>Im too poor to afford a mac
>that means everyone else is overpaying

Limited edition, let's do some simple addition...

Jademenu Experiented

wut?

It takes some time to get your head around Linux, but once you start getting the hang of it you'll see it's a wickedly useful tool.

You should install gparted and delete your partition and then install Windows.

Otherwise you won't be able to do anything other than brag that you have Ubuntu to people.

check out my boy ova here, wicked smaht

Looks familiar.

Exactly why I like it

They removed that with 16.04.

I've got the Dell 17R 7720

im on 16,04 and got amazo

That's gotta be from fucking 2010. Right?

Thanks Dad. I wish you didn't go fag and move to San Fransisco. We miss you.

You have the option to search via Amazon, but your searches aren't automatically sent now.
Lenovo Ideapad y400 here. Thinking of upgrading to an MSI later this year.

donnnt doo eet, it makes mustard gas

>GeForce GT 650M
>Optimus
I feel your pain, user.

Dude, i'm not a idiot
I only run fork bomb

Apple's website
/shop/buy-mac/macbook

Help I installed Katoolin and now my gnome won't load!!

What do