Last five RYM ratings

Go

>he does the rym thing

oh my, what a faggot.

>Animal Collective higher than 1 star

Accurate Pulp and Blur ratings

Damn boi, 400 5's.

Yeah, I know
This always ends up happening and I have to go through them all and knock some stars off where I've overrated some, but I've not done it in a while

blue desu

I have lots of 5's too, but it's because I only listen to full albums I know I'll like. If I get half way through an album and I'm not enjoying it I stop listening to it and don't rate it.

Similar to me. I always check out artists first and buy the albums if I like what I've heard, so logic stands that there's going to be a bias towards higher ratings. I can't get down with this """streaming""" malarky all the hip young kids are doing.

This. Why would you listen to the full album if you don't enjoy the first half? And why would you rate an album if you haven't listened to the whole thing?

>Why would you listen to the full album if you don't enjoy the first half?

I suppose you walk out on movies and leave books unfinished too, you fucking failure? Have you ever committed yourself to anything?

I walk out on movies if they suck

>Have you ever committed yourself to anything?
Not really. I'm a 24 year old high school dropout neet.

what if you like the second half more? can you really not commit to something for 1 hour?

Just finished that Mohel album.

My point was that I never rate an album that I haven't listened to in its entirety. I keep all albums that I haven't rated in my backlog and then I listen to them later. And no I never listen to an album that I don't like in just one sitting

>it's bad to leave a movie you don't like or stop reading a book you don't enjoy
Do you have autism? Those things are read or watched for the enjoyment of the viewer/reader, if they don't like it they should stop.

One day you might realize your mindset is that of a loser. Until then, you can keep lurking.

>man this book ain't fun for me might as well stop
>man college ain't fun for me might as well drop out
>man working ain't fun for me might as well go on disability
>man achieving my dreams ain't fun for me might as well be mediocre until I'm rotting in the ground
grow up

This just in: Roger Ebert adopts an innovative new style of critiquing movies where he stops it halfway through if he doesn't like it. Fellow critics and consumers alike agree that this is the best way for him to form opinions.

>duuude like just quit when you want maaan

how much money do you make per year??

>walk into thread
>more "just stop the album whenever you want" apologists

You're the same people that delete tracks from albums to make them better aren't you

An album that's been 4-5/10 for the first half is most likely not gonna jump to 10/10 quality in the second half. Even if it somehow did, the album would only be like a 7/10 anyways

Hey dudes, hopefully this RYM thread doesn't have any cringe like last ti-

Yikes

Now I know you're just dumb. A 7 should mean it's well worth listening to, but I suppose you eat up enough of what Pitchfork and video game journalists regurgitate to think it's a bad score.

>only like a 7/10
>only like a 7/10
>only like a 7/10
>only like a 7/10
have you been here for three months

I know that you know that albums can grow on people and that one probably has for you in the past but you disregard that anyway huh? you're pretty disrespectful to artists.

>the sheer plebbery in this thread
Can we just ban rym threads now?

haha yeah
Yes, in the very rare case every song in the 2nd half of this so far boring album happened to magically be 10/10. Which has never happened
I don't care if people listen to an album in full and it turned out to be bad for them, I'm just not gonna waste anymore time for myself on an album I thought was mediocre for half its duration

I'm just explaining my reasoning, not trying to name call or insult, like the first guy did to me. I don't care about artists, I care about listening to music I can enjoy

he was right tho. "only like a 7/10" manages to be the biggest shitpost so far this year and u werent even trying to shitpost

Lmao spot on mate, very telling that this got no response

Sure, do it for your own enjoyment. As long as you acknowledge that you're depriving yourself of more enjoyment by not properly giving many albums a chance (so when you think about it it's pretty nonsensical from an enjoyment perspective) and that you basically don't have the right to an opinion on anything.

breaking news: scaruffi's new album rating system works on a scale where "only like a 7/10" means it isn't worth a listen

everyone agrees this is innovative

>listen to Death Grips album
>it's only like a 7/10
>delete their discography

>new Kanye album comes out
>it's only like a 4-5/10 in the first half
>suddenly, the second half comes on
>it's the most godly, mind blowing experience I've ever had listening to music
>this literally changes my life and I cry tears of joy for days
>overall it was only like a 7/10
>delete the album

Chances are you wont like it if you hated the first half. Life's short, why waste it on albums you hate.

>give the new Xiu Xiu a spin
>it's above average
>a positive experience with pleasant new directions in sound
>nothing groundbreaking but fans will definitely enjoy it
>in summary, only like a 7/10
>delete it halfway through

It's SO SHORT that you can't spare an extra 30 minutes listening to something while you take care of other business. Right. What have you done in the last 30 minutes?

>dude life is like so fleeting and fragile man I dont have time to consider works of art as they were intended because we could die at any second bro

>put on the first song to Kid A
>7/10 pretty shit desu
>ship it back to Thom Yorke with a lemon strapped to the front

>listen to a post-rock song
>apparently they're all slow buildup with amazing climaxes at the end
>however I'm already halfway through the song and it's only like a 7/10
>delete it and go back to hip hop

You made the right choice

okay/10

10 - good
9 - mediocre
8 - listenable
7 - horrendous
and you should just delete the album if the first song is anything lover than that

>mfw someone says an album is a 7 out of 10 near me

sure glad I didn't listen to that piece of shit

What does the holy mountain have anything to do with these?

I rated that brokencyde album more than 0.5 because I admittedly enjoyed it a lot by cringing and laughing at it.

i-is that a new faust album?

Yes...we will hope it is better than jUSt...