No joke, this is one of the worst horror movies I have ever seen

No joke, this is one of the worst horror movies I have ever seen.

>literally no plot
>nothing ever comes into play
>characters spend two hours discussing the knife, then never use the knife
>every character dies instantly and basically never even sees the killer
>characters are killed off one after the one, you blink and they're already gone
>all characters have one emotion: to scream
>they scream in the house, scream in the woods, scream in the van, scream to the murderer
>basically beg to be killed
>film is so poorly thought-out that the truck driver at the end gets inside the truck, closes the door, then opens the door again and legs it instead of driving the truck

What an annoying piece of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1igo_Kh0kwI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

spoiler alert: it's a message about the meat packing industry

Don't worry, I'm sure there's some PG-13 found footage jump scare Blumhouse orgy for you to get your kicks from.

>tries to sound tough by talking about PG-13
>while defending a movie that has no blood or visible gore

What a tough mature man!!

No joke, you aren't much of a critic.

>did get the best slasher film of all time.

How'd you like Lights Out user? Must of been really scary huh?

You had to see it when it first came out to truly appreciate it.

Shut the fuck up you pretentious autistic fucktard, if you were old enough to see and appreciate this in 1974 then you should be planning your funeral and not posting on Sup Forums.

Know how I know you were born after the year 2000?

>horror movies need blood and gore to be entertaining

Get ready, user. High school can be a tough place.

You know how I know you're not old but get off on pretending you are?

It's right here

Kys

With arguing skills so poor you need to put words into other people's mouths I'd really hope you haven't finished high school yourself, otherwise there ain't much hope for me.

>Unironically defending dad-horror

I agree that it's shit, OP, although I can't be bothered to list all the reasons why. It was just rubbish.

I bet you also think Night of the Living Dead is bad because you've "already seen the same basic plot a million times".
Watch more classic horror films, and then you'll get it.

>lists a complaint that wasn't anywhere near the OP

>u just gotta be le hardcore fan liek meself!! xDdd

This is how I know you have brain damage.

true, it's a bit silly, but the thought of being chased by a chainsaw wielding maniac wearing a skin mask scares me

Queen ROCKS! amirite?!

dae le wrong generation?? XD

It's been a while since I've seen it, but didn't two people get killed exactly the same way?
>walk into house
>walk up to the door
>suddenly opens and get attacked

Sounds like the conjuring is more your thing lad.

This film is brilliant you utter reddit cunt.

>screaming is an emotion

Literally retarded

TCM is a pretty bad movie up until the last 15-25 minutes, once there's only one girl left.

>I know you just listed a lot of factual things that don't make sense with the movie, but it's brilliant because I think so

This is the kind of person who masturbates looking in the mirror. Or one of those retards that are adamant about their opinion without even knowing why, or because they've been told it. I bet you heard everywhere this is a classic, right? Fucking ape.

Worse even are the ones who go "IT'S REVOLUTIONARY!! IT'S SHOT LIKE A DOCUMENTARY!"

Oh yeah, I remember all those documentaries where, every time a woman appears, the camera is fixed right up her ass.

>first """critque""" is no plot
>literally the 8 year old pleb go-to

>dad-horror

I bet you prefer Rob Zombie's Halloween to John Carpenter's, you fucking child.

No joke, you literally have some of the shittiest taste imaginable and need to kill yourself.

Daily reminder you were not a teenager in the 70s

Daily reminder to stop trying to sound old on the internet

Daily reminder you're pathetic

Daily reminder to kill yourself

But it's exactly the same case. Same thing with Black Christmas or Halloween. It's good/important because it's new, experimental and groundbreaking, despite it not conforming to regular mainstream rules (aka being "good" or "fun"). TCM didn't really have anything to base itself on so it basically created a new genre. It's one of the most influential and revolutionary films of the horror genre.
You just have to stop being a smartass bitch and learn to properly appreciate things for what they are, instead of following a personal checklist of cliches that every movie has to follow in order to be good according to your standards.
But then again who cares, it's just another pathetic bait thread.

Keep on proving me right.

It's nice you talked about checklist, let's run through the checklist of a brain-damaged, ass-blasted poster on the internet.

>It's good/important because it's new, experimental and groundbreaking

Actually most of the film's aspects are the way they are because of the shitty budget at the time.

>It's one of the most influential and revolutionary films of the horror genre.

AKA "it's good because it's influential!!"

>You just have to stop being a smartass bitch and learn to properly appreciate things for what they are

AKA "yes, I know I can't refute what you said, b-but that's just life, man!!"

>instead of following a personal checklist of cliches that every movie has to follow in order to be good according to your standards.

AKA "I just ran out of arguments and I'm beginning to realize I'm really dumb, so I'll try to put words into your mouth and say you can't like a movie unless it's a cliche-ridden mess."

And then we have the classic

>it's just another pathetic bait thread.

AKA "your opinion challenges me and I can't seem to come up with valid arguments, so I'll just say you're baiting because the fact that you make me feel dumb really attacks my insecurities"

Did you like this checklist?

>Actually most of the film's aspects are the way they are because of the shitty budget at the time.
You don't need a good budget to make a good movie, and in the end it has no importance if the final product is good. A lot of good, innovative films have a low budget. A good artist (or director in this case) uses ingenuity to work around limitations.

>AKA "it's good because it's influential!!"

>doesn't understand the basic concept of seminality

As for the rest you said, holy shit, I underestimated how sad and pitiful you must be. If you expect me to keep replying to your bullshit, you're wrong. This is hilarious

>tries to take the high ground
>while still replying
>and will reply again
>"i--i-i-i-i-i-it's hilarious :'(("

LMAO.

>You don't need a good budget to make a good movie, and in the end it has no importance if the final product is good.

Putting words into mouths again, all the while making generalized points that do not defend this particular movie at all. What an annoying fucking ape. I hope you never went to school. I can't believe the educational system would fail this bad.

kek
I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong when you're insulting someone and it looks so over the top and childish that it goes past being insulting, and it becomes funny. Unless you're doing it deliberately, then that's cool I guess.

>If you expect me to keep replying to your bullshit, you're wrong

Wanna know again how I know you have brain damage?

youtube.com/watch?v=1igo_Kh0kwI
this has got to be my favorite horror movie kill ever

Again with the childish behavior. Jeez, do you even know how to insult someone? Writing a single line doesn't really waste any of my time, but if you insist on going on with this middle school bullshit I guess I'll stop.

i remember that the blonde girl had some serious tits and no bra
however i also remember that the director intended it to be pg13, so he didn't shoot any nudity

FUCK him

You lost right here. Give it up.

I don't agree with you but I don't think it's the masterpiece everyone claims it is. Still pretty good, much better than The Hills Have Eyes and things like that.

Similarly, though, I fucking hate Halloween and don't understand how anyone could like it at all.

The only thing I hate more than when Sup Forums is being contrarian is when they completely blindly go along with mainstream opinions about "classics"

>moving the goalposts in the argument
Keep proving how right I am

holy shit.

you got blown the fuck out

>I guess I'll stop.

>still posting

AKA "I know I already lost the argument and I'm not really saying anything of value anymore nor am I capable of doing so, but you really hurt my pride and now I feel like I have to continue posting until I am able to achieve an erection again"

It was a great movie, stop it

>was
Yup

A juicy back for a meat hook

The truck thing has always fucking amazed me and I've never seen anyone mention it until this thread. What the fuck?

What did you expect from a fucking horror movie though, philosophical discussions and existential doubt?

i'm assuming you have very little cinematographic culture, but could you still explain what you mean by 'no plot'?

I didn't think it was bad per se, I just dont see why it was so amazing at the time. It really didn't amount to much even in its own context.
Like, i think stephen king has even done better.

Daily reminder the 70s-80s was the peak of horror.

Daily reminder only retarded children dislike a movie because it's old.

Daily reminder retards like you aren't welcome here.

>BRO ITS LIKE THE SCARIEST MOVIE EVER
>LIKE OMFG I DON'T EVEN WANT TO WATCH IT AGAIN ITS TOO SCARY
>I watch it drunk by myself at night with the lights off
>It's not fucking scary
>Watch it sober
>It's not scary at all it's retarded
I hate my fucking friends for spewing that bullshit and convincing me to watch that, the movie was so oversold by morons and children it wasn't even fucking funny. It wasn't even scary, What the fuck is wrong with people.
>nb4 stop being friends with teenagers
I'm 24, all my friends are at least my age or greater.

>"no plot"

does OP even know what plot is? I really want to hear him describe what a plot is

Why not? Not OP, but what the fuck? Why should films that aspire to mediocrity deserve acclaim?

>PG-13
Didn't exist back in 1974. Tobe Hooper wanted the movie to be PG so he kept out nudity and was very minimalistic when it came to blood but the MPAA gave it an R anyway because they thought the subject was far too disturbing for children.

I bet browse /r/lewronggeneration and listen to Drake.

You do realise that horror movies rarely are works of art and more frequently products of mass culture. There can be some metaphysical or political discussion underlining it like in Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but the structure of it and its basic requirements don't allow much space for actual discussion.

O shit u rite. I'm so dumb lol

Lol the irony of your post is the director intentionally tried to get a pg rating (lol how delusional) by not showing much actual gore on screen. It ended up getting banned in loads of places regardless. But yeah, he was literally aiming for a pg rating you can Google it.

>he doesn't listen to Drake

>he's a Sup Forums faggot

No joke, you're a fucking pleb, friendo.

>Tobe Hooper wanted the movie to be PG

mfw

Also, this movie is very good. If you can't appreciate the god-tier setting and atmosphere of the rural redneck inbred town, where the family looks after their own, and sick events get covered up..

.. then you are not worthy to watch true kino my friend

This movie is even greater because this is the first of its kind.

Millenials see le spooking scary serial kiler xDD #231 whilst growing up, or they just see gore on the internet now, so i guess they are desensitized already

personally i saw this movie for the first time when i was around 14, had already been half desensitized, and i still really enjoyed it.

The remake is objectively a superior film.

If this movie came out exactly as it is this year you would have dismissed it as 'just another modern horror schlock'... But because it's an acclaimed old movie you have to pretend that it's incredible like the good little sheeple you are. Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Lol

>he listens to drake

Why is it that every time I post anything to contribute to the conversation I gotta deal with masses of wiseguy idiots and children looking to argue with random strangers for no reason? Goddammit. Every single time.

Well yeah, of course it's not exactly a good movie from a technical standpoint Anyone can see that. I was talking about its originality and importance in the horror genre. You have to understand how out of the ordinary these movies were when they came out. They practically revolutionized the genre. Until then, most horror movies were all either terrible schlocky and campy b-movies about spooky creatures from outer space, literary adaptations of gothic horror novels, or complex, poetic and psychological films that most people wouldn't like (The Innocents, Eyes Without A Face, Rosemary's Baby).
With films like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Black Christmas and Halloween, they took inspiration from movies like Psycho and Peeping Tom, only instead of making slightly controversial spooky thrillers and character studies, they focused on the terror aspect, which would appeal to the majority. As for Night of the Living Dead, it basically invented the zombie genre as we know it today.
Sure, zombie films and slasher flicks aren't exactly high tier, but they're still part of cinema history and culture.

If this movie came out exactly as it is this year you would have dismissed it as 'just another drama movie'... But because it's an acclaimed old movie you have to pretend that it's incredible like the good little sheeple you are. Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

I get that the movie was a great influence on the genre, I'm just saying that it definitely felt like a prototype so to speak, like it was a new idea that people were nervous about and didn't want to put a lot of money into.
But then it ended up influencing countless works afterwards. That still doesn't change the fact though that the original felt like a movie who had a great idea with poor execution.
I understand why the movie was a classic, but it just wasn't really that good to me.

If this movie came out exactly as it is this year you would have dismissed it as 'just another sci-fi blockbuster'... But because it's an acclaimed old movie you have to pretend that it's incredible like the good little sheeple you are. Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

If this movie came out exactly as it is this year you would have dismissed it as 'just another western'... But because it's an acclaimed old movie you have to pretend that it's incredible like the good little sheeple you are. Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

You probably haven't seen Halloween yet. It's even worse.

If this movie came out exactly as it is this year you would have dismissed it as 'just another modern gangster flick'... But because it's an acclaimed old movie you have to pretend that it's incredible like the good little sheeple you are. Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

OP here, Halloween is better, but hearsay probably ruined the movie for me. Before watching it I saw a lot of retards raving about how Myers is the most scary villain EVEEER because he's basically just a crazy guy but then he gets stabbed, shot, thrown out a window and disappears into the night. He's just another boogeyman.

faggot 2000s baby

>90s babby detected
:^) implying you are any better

I don't remember much of this movie cuz I first saw it when I was 10 and I'm 30 now but I remember saying it was my favorite horror movie for a long while. I guess just the idea of leatherface and his fucked up family was enough for me.
>the old man with the hammer trying to crack the girl's head open at the dining room table lol

If this movie came out exactly as it is this year you would have dismissed it as 'just another modern horror schlock'... But because it's an acclaimed old movie you have to pretend that it's incredible like the good little sheeple you are. Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

i am though

The counter-argument to that would be "Yeah, well you try coming up with a completely new and original idea, and literally inventing a new genre in media. It's called being experimental." Of course, I agree with what you're saying about it being a somewhat poor execution of a good idea, but that's how it usually goes with most things. The avant-garde serves as the stepping stones for the next generation or current. It's often not technically "good", but it should be respected and appreciated for its innovation and what it brought to the industry as a whole.

"You only like it because it's old!" is a retarded argument that can be used against any old film.

serious question:
Why does he wear the mask?

Fucking baby boomers are better than you, shitty millennials

his face was disfigured from some type of disease he had as a kid

you do realize though that it is harder to come up with something yourself rather than just repeat what others have done before you?
That's why brand is more expensive than chinese knockoffs.

Alien is like a superior Halloween. The Xenomorph is ostensibly a slasher villain except actually scary. There's more going on. Having your movie set on a claustrophobic space ship establishes an atmosphere on principal.

>it's a "pseudo-intellectual millennials complain about classical films" episode

No joke, this is one of the faggiest OPs I have ever seen.

But that other guys face was also disfigured did he not wear a mask made out of human flesh because he wandered about?

>its a "gen y man-child complains about millennials with greater comprehension abilities than himself" episode

No reason, he's just a crazy psychopath who makes animal and baby sounds. He's also inspired by Ed Gein, who also had a skin mask. That's also where the "art style" comes from. The dude actually made furniture, clothes, utensils and jewelry out of body parts irl.

Let's get rid of all old art. It's all shit that's only liked because it's old. :^)

there's a mutiilated corpse at the beginning what are you talking about

>millennials with greater comprehension abilities
Sure thing, kiddo

Context matters, you retarded faggot. I bet you think all old literature is boring shit.

>he is a friendless virgin

babby boomers were subhumans and they ruined this planet, you edgy nigger