How did crocodiles survive the many ice ages throughout history?

how did crocodiles survive the many ice ages throughout history?

shouldn't they be extinct?

>being this fucking stupid

lol they just go underwater when it gets too cold outside retard

And yet you didn't answer his question.

oh god. the last ice age did not cover the entire earth. there where still a lot of tropical land

Like sharks, they are the perfect killing machine, and haven't needed to evolve for millions of years.

so if someone asks why is hot water warm - i have to answer it?

You felt the need to post, wtf not

Noahs ark.

ah, this explains why all the other aquatic dinosaurs are still around, you cunt

Many evolved from that point, but most were out competed for resources by the new linages.

Except those that were already at a huge advantage, ie sharks, crocs, some snakes, hundreds of marine organisms, ect.

It's like the whole dinosaur thing. Many simply adapted and became Aves, while those that could not adapt fast enough died out.

Maybe they are though.

Yes. Ice covered the whole planet during the iceages. Common knowledge. Now go back flipping burger.

crocs are cold-blooded, and very, very good at surviving on limited food for long durations - they just go into a torpor-like state and conserve energy. they're also good scavengers, as well as hunters, so they're not adverse to eating already-dead remains

in contrast, we've got a lot of evidence nowadays that the dinosaurs were warm-blooded, much more active, feathered animals, and like birds, needed a lot more food to maintain their metabolism.

net result is, when environmental impacts like the KT extinction event hit, or the ice ages in more recent ages, crocs were able to survive where other species couldnt.

that and their habitats tend to be the hotter climates, which would've remained temperate during ice ages.

retard they have scales they can survive minus tempertarures easy

Tough cunts.

Heh, funny user

This.

Also note the iceages didnt result in "snowball earth". There were still regions of relative warmth.

snowball earth has happened but long before the dinosaurs. It would be hard to imagine surface life surviving with all surface water frozen.

>and like birds

Birds are dinosaurs

>other aquatic dinosaurs
If you think alligators and crocodiles are dinosaurs then you are already to uneducated to continue with this conversation

yes, and that's why I said "and like birds".

Crocs have a stash of heaters they used to get through the cold. Fuckers are brilliant.

Crocs and not really cold blooded. They can regulate their body temp like us. They just have to work a little harder at it

>to
too

This

Crocodiles and alligators are in fact dinosaurs, you blithering idiot

NIGGA THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN IS TO TAKE DAVID ATTENBOROUGH'S BBC

The nature of this question is ridiculously stupid. "shouldn't they have all died and not survived?" no. Why? Because they fucking didn't. How is that not apparent?

Evolution is blasphemy.

>HonestlyNotEvenTryingToBait.jpg

no, they're not. they're crocodilia.

they're related to dinosaurs ( the genus Dinosauria ), but not part of the same group.

same way you and a brother are both part of the same family, but not the same person. So dinos and crocs are the same class (Reptilia), but different groups within that.

That crocodiles probably in its 40s holy shit its big

kekkkkkkk

Helps that he gets fed by tourists on the reg

a meteor took out the dinosaurs. A crocodile Is pretty much a dinosaur anyway

Alligators, Flounders and Crocodiles do not die of old age. Instead of aging biologically, they just keep on growing physically.

Crocodiles have no such thing as old age. A 7-year-old crocodile is as good as a 70-year-old one in terms of agility and other life parameters. Aging has no effect on them. Although they can't die of natural aging, they also can't live forever.

They usually dies of starvation or disease.

Take a basic science class user, christ. Spoonfed everything in life? Crocs survived because the massive release of pressure and beta particle radiation from the impact reacts uniquely with the hardened creviced exterior of the crocodile - certain energies were 'trapped' due to the resonant structure of the crocs tree-like expanding cellular structure within the outer skin layers. Not much is known else about it, but it did cause a spike in mutation that is rumored to have caused the near sudden change in scale (over only a period of 2 years most of the crocs on earth went from having typically 80-100 feet massive crocs to the small aerhonus specie mutation croc we see today. There's a lot more technical information to fill all of this in but thats the gist of it, if you want to know more have fun reading the 90 page PDF

Sauce?

No cure they're not faggots like you OP

Site your sources faggot.

You speak like a fag

Site your sources faggot.

Crocs are cold blooded hommie.

You first. Show us a source for "croc should be extinct ".

Dammit user I was being serious. I wanna know about the warmer climate.

user you do realize that the equator is a thing right?
ice coverage wasnt total

Wait. Is the water hot, or just warm? I'm confused.

f u c k i n g g o o g l e i t

lukehot

Calm down its photoshopped, i can tell because they cropped its arm while using the magnetic lassoo

It's actually not a shoop. The gator lost it's forelimb somehow but clearly it hasn't stopped it. You can see the scar tissue but it's reasonable to assume a shoop