Why isn't the large hardon collider in America?

why isn't the large hardon collider in America?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoli_Bugorski
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconducting_Super_Collider
texasmonthly.com/articles/how-texas-lost-the-worlds-largest-super-collider/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not large enough.

cause the devils in Switzerland

Because you touch yourself at night.

Who else would legitimately stick their dick in that thing? Like can you imagine the amount of pleasure you'd get from having one atom just smashed into your dick, ugh i wish i could work there

Because it would be wasted on a country where so many people still believe in agels, Jesus and God.

You didn't build it there, user. Duh.

It was an european project, you had tevatron at fermilab in the 90s, we have lhc now

Yeah, i probably would

Because its publicly built and operated and the USA government only likes to spend money on aircraft carriers and guns and war stuff

Because some frenchies thought it would be cool to have some shit do some shit

Because you americunts are antiscientific religious dipshits.

you can keep you're little tunnel and we'll keeping ruling the world

We were focusing on the International Space Station. That is why we did not build the collider

which isn't in murrica either.

truly astonishing piece of human art.... just imagine the man who built this masterpiece.... not joking i almost have tears in my eyes.... this is beautiful.. so perfectly crafted.... truly the pinnacle of our mind.... i love humanity, our species, our intelligence,... i can't even do maths and people build machines like this.... i just....

Richest country on the earth could afford both surely?

Because you burgers have niggers and Mexicans to take care of before you can even consider funding science.

Back in the early 1990's the US congress cut about a billion dollars a year from scientific research. A large portion of these funds would have been used to buid the large hardon collider in the US.

Already had the largest accelerator before it was built (fermi lab), why build another when yours is doing fine?

We started one in Texas but chose to go to space instead.

Because if someone accidentally a wormhole, Europe is the better place.

Being this dumb

>doing fine

Your old Sega Megadrive still works too

>implying fermi lab is irrelevant

its a purely scientific experiment with no objective to achieve.... plus US already has all those answers. so we let them diddle with an electronics kit we already know about.

>Bullshit
>Look up aid US aid for African countries

Oh my

Manned space missions is such a folly that only bicep flexing americans would seriously waste money on it.

ESA discovers as much about space as NASA and... sensibly... uses probes and robotics.

>implying being a few thousand miles away is going to save you from a black hole

>hardon collider

It is. It still toddles along discovering virtually nothing while LHC opens the high energy frontiers

>US already has all those answers

Kek. Nice bait, m8

because murica only has micro-soft peenors

Our borders go up further than you are imagining.

B..B..but the russians, user. We gotta do what they are doing, BUT FIRST.

NEVERMIND THE MONEY
FUCKING COMMIES.

Funny how some experiments moved from CERN to Fermi isn't it

Because HIGH energy and HIGH testosterone.
Amerifags lack this because their fat fucks with the hormone balance.

I'm not even kidding

Dude, science is not a contest for bigger cock.
CERN had LEP and was discovering stuff, than Fermilab came along with TevaTron and discovered more stuff. Now LHC is the most powerful one and it's discovering stuff. Probably in the future some Asian experiment will come along and discover more stuff.

Also, the funds needed for this kind of projects are fairly high for the world current budget priorities (which is saddening but alas true), the next "big" experiment will probably have to be funded by a worldwide collaboration.

There is no "us vs them" in science.

That's right, commit to your stupidity. That's how it's done.

>richest country on earth
Kek

this tbh

radical christians would set it on fire because it proves god doesn't exist

Ever see that film Contact, where they build the big fuckoff spinny thing but it all fell to shit because some fucking inbred dumbfuck Americunt said "eeeet was blayyyyspheme! It wurz agaaaainst JEEBUS an' shiiiiiet!"

That's essentially why. Never EVER build expensive scientific projects in a fucking failure like the United States of Amerilard.

you need to have an higher IQ than average to understand how it work.

we have enough boners

yeah i think i saw a documentary on that. i think they said that's also why the girls hit puberty at a younger age now too.

we'd rather spend on military corporate welfare, science is for nerds

Some scientist said in some documentary that those atoms have enough energy to vaporate tons of water instantly.

So much this

Even better

you would cum hot clue

We've had our own colliders for quite some time.

only small ones, just like your dicks

>implying MegaDrive is irrelevant.

Each beam has ~350 MJ of energy.
1 Kcal (energy required to raise 1kg of water by 1° C) is ~4 KJ, if water has startinng temperature of 20°C to raise 1kg to boiling point you'll need ~320 KJ, so with 350 MJ you can get almost exactly 1 ton of water to boiling point with 1 beam, in around 0.1 milliseconds.

Largest air force in the world: US Air Force
2nd Largest: US Naval Air Forces
The US also has more military aircraft mothballed in the desert than the third largest air force in the world.

It is all about priorities...

they were going to build it in texas, but needed approval from the residence first. the citizen in this area was really really Christian so they asked the scientists "are you going to find god with this machine" which the scientists answered no to. then the court ruled to deny the construction of it so they had to find somewhere else, wich was in Switzerland. that's what some scientist I know told me at least. i have no idea if it's true or not though.

I mean, if you care about dick size that much, you're probably a faggot. The size of the collider is a fair point, but we definitely have more aircraft carriers than you.

Because when they eventually fuck up and create a micro black hole it gives our side Earth a chance to survive.

Or if it causes something like Half-Life we can remotely nuke the area.

well, actually that wasn't what the scientist actually said, I just pulled it out of my ass, gotta say i'm pretty impressed it being so accurate.

Its not even close to true

>I mean, if you care about dick size that much, you're probably a faggot.

not really, but I seem to have hit the soft spot in your aircraft carrier. kek

Out of my mind it sounded quite reasonable so i did the math to check.

FYI that's 1 beam, there are 2 circulating in LHC at any given time. If you take both into account you can boil 20000 tons of water in 1 second. This is considering only energy released. In reality it would take much longer because you have to consider the beam has a very small section (millimeters to microns depending on focus). So unless you have 20000 tons of water laying around in a pipe a few mm thick it will take longer.

because all that money belongs in senator's and congressmen's pockets.

after all, who needs further research into nuclear physics when you have the bomb, right?

>Because then it would be the fat hadron collider

You mean the SSC in Texas? World's largest and most energetic particle accelerator?
Shit got cancelled in 93 cuz your country is retarded, which is clear, since you've never heard of it.

Trips speak the truth.

I live ten minutes from fermilab, if they fuck around and open up an interdimensional portal I'm jumping in

In the 70's US scientists already conceived of a particle accelerator that was far bigger than the LHC. The project got started up and became known as the "superconducting super collider", and was planned to operate at 20 TeV (the LHC runs at 6.5 TeV). The budget got somewhat out of hand though, and in the mid 90s there was no need for a technological race with the Soviets anymore, so congress shut it down. Their literal words were: "if Europe wants to build it, let them". And so they did.

Fermilab did all their testing. now they are currently going through the data to see if anything is there. process will take years.

Americans don't have enough money and intelligence to build it.

The particles are in a vaccum at near absolute zero
I've masturbated in my refrigerator using a shop-vac to simulate the conditions with promising results

They had to build it in a geologically stable area. America has earthquakes quite regularly.

CERN is a collaboration of European countries, a joint effort makes such a large project easier to fund

A Russian scientist once stuck his head in a running particle beam, took a full blast to the face and lived to tell the tale.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoli_Bugorski

because if it were in America and exploded, the world would lose a large chunk of the only decent country it has left

>Looks at European muslim population
>Acts like Niggers and Spics are even as close to as big of a problem

Most Eurotards are too stupid to look at reality though.

>Looks at European muslim population
The population of Europe 4% Muslim. And crime statistics during the worst year of the refugee crisis are still lower than US crime statistics in your best year. You gotta stop reading Breitbart.

Because we invented homegrown tterrorists

The better question is why isn't there a Lego set of this?

Burgerland got this built instead.

your*

asking the tough questions

keep in mind that this is Sup Forums, and we're not all on the intellectual level at which you operate

trips o' truth

USA actually started work on one that was going to be way bigger and more powerful than the LHC but funding quickly dried up in the very early phases of construction.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconducting_Super_Collider

It was to be 54 miles long instead of the LHC's 17 miles.

Google Superconducting Super Collider. Clinton cancelled it, even though construction had already begun in Texas.

What user said.

There were plans to build a super collider in the US, until funds were cut.

The logic? "Why spend all that money if there won't be any return on investment?"

Mind you, the exact same thing was said back in the late 1800s regarding radio and research into radiation. And today that same argument is used in reasons to cut funding for NASA.

NASA.

If it wasn't for the US space programs, a pretty large chunk of technology we have today wouldn't exist, or at least wouldn't have come about until later, and invented by people in another country.

What we learn about our world / universe always, ALWAYS benefits us and makes someone somewhere stupid fucking rich. Unfortunately going forward those people are going to be in fucking India or China or some other place, just because these dumbcunts can't wrap their heads around anything beyond the next earnings reports.

I met a scientist who accidentally got their hand in a x-ray beam for a x-ray crystallography experiment and part of his hand doesn't work anymore. But since most of the muscles that work the hand are actually in the forearm he still has some control.

John Titor knows.

>we won't kick out the refugees if they keep of with their shit and keep the good ones.

Yeah what are you going to do send then back? Please

>>implying being a few thousand miles away is going to save you from a black hole

funny bit is, if it did do something like that (yes, we know it cant, but) it would be far preferable to be in europe, inside the event horizon, and be killed instantly, than be in the US or Asia, outside the event horizon, and to die in the rather more lingering, ghastly awareness of the earth collapsing into that black hole / wormhole, piece by piece.

Exactly. In the late 1800's nobody gave a fuck that particles like the electron had been discovered. Now we rely on microprocessors for everything and understanding the behavior of electrons is at the core of our lives.

People are incredibly short sighted and don't realize that cutting edge science today might be uncovering breakthroughs that will re-shape and improve our lives.

the quote was something like this
>you wouldn't explode in a sense, just vanish instantly

after reading what user calculated im pretty sure this would happen. this is a ridicilous amount of energy

Because the stupid americans are too religious and don't believe in real science. When questioned, the builders of one were questioned in texas, they were asked "Will this let us find god?" - since the answer was a "NO", they said nope.avi - and the project left and the euros built the LHC.

It was americas stupid obsession with religion and god which shot them in the foot. Dumbarse americans.

texasmonthly.com/articles/how-texas-lost-the-worlds-largest-super-collider/

>when capitalism goes wrong
At least we can spend another 56billion on military! Let's add to our collection of ships and planes that are not being used.

pic somewhat related, screencapped from /sci/

kek

Cause it's not a gun

Spics aren't that big of a problem, but Niggers make up over 50% of all violent crime despite being about 13% of the nation. They are a huge problem.

IF that COULD happen the earth would be fucked anyway. earths orbit wouldn't be the same since it lost so much mass. also think about the weather, sea and so on.