Can kick and/or martial arts be effective in a fight?

Can kick and/or martial arts be effective in a fight?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WnN1cVhMZ7o
youtube.com/watch?v=ELkYe2w-3iY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You realize this is Sup Forums right? Y'know, land of the weak fags?

Are you asking if knowing how to fight can help you in a fight?

Depends on circumstances. You have longer range and generally more power but it's also easier to put yourself off balance and get thoroughly fucked up if you try to replicate anything in a martial arts film.

Low kicks to sweep someone's feet out from under them are hard to defend against when done right.

This.

Not all of us are, OP here.

Believe it or not a lot of people think martial arts are useless.

Judo Sup Forumsro
Therefore you won't be charged for assault.
Best way to defend yourself

>Can kick and/or martial arts be effective in a fight?

You can't make this shit up.

no but a knife can

There are the basic kicks from karate and taekwondo like the roundhouse, side kick, back kick, and even spinning hook kick if your opponent doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. But all I listed before spinning hook are very effective when applied correctly in the right situation by a good fighter.

Maybe in 1v1 no weapons, but if guy has a knife your anime kung-fu won't help you, maybe something like krav maga

I've always found grabbing martial arts tend to be ineffective to some extent.

Trying to replicate anything from a martial arts film is pretty stupid honestly.

lol maybe in MMA where headbutts etc are illegal.

I prefer gopher-chucks.

See, I've heard pretty bad things about karate but I suppose it depends on the fighter.

teleport's behind you

>black belt in karate detected

I was waiting for someone to get the reference.

Huh?

Krav Maga is highly overrated. It seems brutal but it's ultimately ineffective.

The best way to find out is to experiment. It'll be different for every person. You have to cater to your strengths and weaknesses which is why MMA works so well. Bruce Lee is a good example of this, he took what worked and ditched what didn't.

Kicks can be useful if you're a trained martial artist. If you're an autistic faggot who is trying to imitate anime and movies, then it's very likely you're going to embarass yourself and lose the fight.

Yeah it's become an Americanized meme for soccer mom's to enroll their children into while they drool over the sensei who also teaches fitness kickboxing. Karate is very effective at it's core, once again if you are a good fighter and can apply the concepts in a manner to not leave yourself vulnerableable, like trying to do some flashy kick then falling on your ass.

You posted kung pow to Sup Forums

Anyone over 18 should get the reference or they should die

There appears to be a lot of newfags then

Bruce U here. Marial arts are vital in taking out Tiger Mafia

seems brutal but it's ultimately ineffective.
That makes zero sense. By the way if your krav maga isn't effective you're doing it wrong. A fucking shot to the balls on a guy will generally put them down. Bar drugs or psychotic episode.

There's a reason why you hear negative shit about karate, it's just useless.
Brown belt in karate, yellow belt in aikido and i can safely say that aikido (real aikido, not traditional*) is the shit

I had a few friends who practiced shotokan, judo, and taekwando, and I've had little fights with them as a sort of game thing. They are efficient if you really study it for the purpose. Judo dude got me to the ground in a pin before I knew I had messed up. Taekwando dude had decent kicks, but it seemed like he didn't know what to do against a bigger target as his hits weren't really much, and once I grabbed him sheer weight took over. I think it mostly his skill at fault though not the art. Shotokan dude was really good redirecting my weight, I would go to slam him, and I'd end up grounded before I blinked.

In short yes, they help a lot in a fight, but only when you truly train with them.

I think you need to adopt Bruce Lee's philosophy when it comes to what to learn.

That is... badong.

Yes,
youtube.com/watch?v=WnN1cVhMZ7o
youtube.com/watch?v=ELkYe2w-3iY

They are concealed and fast as well as more damaging than fists.

low, hard muay thai kicks to the legs hurt like fucking hell. and teep kicks to the body can stuff an aggressive opponent. don't listen to karatefags, OP. kickboxing is where it's at for people who actually want to learn how to fight.