Implying the prequels arent the defining films of the 00s

>implying the prequels arent the defining films of the 00s

george lucas played you all like a fiddle

a very out of tune fiddle with only 2 strings

>George Lucas
>cucked out of the universe he created by Mickey Mouse

Sure thing, pal.

Still better then TFW

I didn't know they made a That Feel When movie.

>Not the Spider-Man trilogy

It's called That Awkward Moment. I think Zac Effron's in it.

>made jar jar overly cartoony and retarded
>wasn't allowed to use him as the villain in the next two movies

Wow. That looks fucking awful. Just fucking awful.

>only a sith deals in absolutes, i shall do what i must

what did he mean by this?

>shitty disappointments
Yeah sums up the early 2000s nicely.

00s films that had a bigger impact than the prequels:
>The Lord of the Rings trilogy
>the Harry Potter movies
>Raimi's Spider-Man movies
>Nolan's Batman movies
>Iron Man
>fucking Transformers
The prequels provided a ton of juicy memes and infuriated countless Star Wars fanboys but that's it.

Episode III was the best of all 6 films

>not the Watchmen onetilogy

this is true
originals are pretty good but nothing comes close to the soul that episode 3 had

Episode III is immensely entertaining but that's because it's retarded schlock that's full of memes. Nothing in Episode III unironically comes close to the original trilogy.

i suppose you're kind of right

>unironic usage of "unironically"

e4-6 are awful from modern day perspective, let the nostalgia slide away and you will realize how shit they are

they're really not. Episodes 4 and 5 are endlessly rewatchable

Especially compared to other movies (especially scifi movies) from that era

You dumb millennials who grew up on the prequels are the ones who are overly nostalgic. Practically every aspect of the prequels is worse than the originals.

>e4-6 are awful from modern day perspective,
Name 10 modern day blockbusters that are better than the original trilogy.

The Phantom Menace was G.O.A.T.

ROTJ is the best and most emotional Star Wars movie, and if you disagree, you're a pleb redditor who follows the general hack critic opinion.
>inb4 muh wookies

i wish george lucas was making episode 8

i mean, i thought rotj was awesome as a kid too, but i grew up

the throne room scene is still goat though

That's not Lord of the Rings

If nothing else, the prequels were more memorable than TFA.

I haven't seen Phantom Menace in like 12 years, but I still remember most of the important plot points.

I've seen TFA 3 times since it was released and I barely remember anything after the TIE Fighter escape scene, aside from meme shit like Kanjiklub.

That's what happens when you grow up with a movie, retard.

>Grow up with a movie

I should've specified, I've only seen TPM like 3 times as well.

>retard
Wow rude to be perfectly honest

>rude

Go back to where you came from.

>Still being needlessly rude
Stay mad :^)

>I have awful taste: The Post

>cucked out
whored out
He got paid, nukka.

>the Sup Forumsideogame generation will defend this shitty flick

i could find better taste in a sewer

you just seem like a complete hipster with full on retrospect that probably praised the prequels when they came out and now just trying to follow the trend of shitting on the prequels

force awakens is worse than episode 3 by far
and youre too much of a fucking newfag to even have seen the first actual 3 movies when they were released, so i doubt youve rated them that high when you actually saw them

Attack of the Clones is the worst Star Wars movie.

This is true it's like phantom menace but more boring and without an epic duel at the end

>buzzword buzzword buzzword
Sure showed me, grandpa.

The reveal of Darth Vader as being nothing more than a sad, tired looking old man who at the end of it all just wante dto to see his son was also fucking perfect and a GOAT twist/reveal.

Though lord kek did not see fit to bless you with repeating digits, you are right, my friend, and Episode 1 was every bit as good as ROTJ, tied with it for 3rd after TESB and ANH.

This isn't true. Ep7 is full of awesome, memorable moments like Po bantering Kylo Ren until Kylo boggles his mind, Kylo freaking out and throwing temper tantrums, the Millennium Falcon reveal which was perfectly set up while Finn and Rey were going ohfuckohfuckohfuck around the village, a lightsaber duel with some emotion, that time user made a run-on sentence, and several instances of good characterization that were reminiscent of the way Ep4 would introduce characters.

Ep1 doesn't have any major plot points, fyi. Bad Jamaican space lizards are doing something wrong that we never see on screen so one ship visits galactic government to overthrow it through bureaucratic procedure, then head back home and easily solve the original problem themselves. It's fucking stupid and everything else in the whole movie is just to push merchandise.

>memorable moments like Po bantering Kylo Ren until Kylo boggles his mind,
which only lasted around 30 seconds, with a healthy amount of quipshit dashed over the entire thing
>Kylo freaking out and throwing temper tantrums
memorable if only because it was so funny
>the Millennium Falcon reveal which was perfectly set up while Finn and Rey were going ohfuckohfuckohfuck around the village
how does it feel knowing that you're the exact type of nostalgia-hungry garbage that the suits over at disney are looking to pander to
>a lightsaber duel with some emotion
thanks for establishing you've also been brainwashed by redditlettermedia
>and several instances of good characterization that were reminiscent of the way Ep4 would introduce characters
debatable, i think tfa was riddled with mediocre characterization, excluding finn and perhaps po

Wow you can't make a comment without a meme.

>quip
>nostalgia and pandering
>reddit and rlm
>at the same time

Also you're completely wrong on every claim except maybe the last one, cause neither of us is willing to sit here for two hours to discuss every character.

dis

deflect all you want, but just try and remember that cinema is dead because movies pander to people like you; easily swept off their feet by constant tongue-in-cheek humor and appealed to with mindless nostalgic/referential spectacle

>go back and watch episode 5
>get to the scene with Yoda
>him acting over-the-top and talking in backwards speak was actually an act to test luke's patience
>he never speaks like that again in the rest of the movie

Mind = exploded.

>deflect all you want

Yup that's what you just did when I pointed out that all you can do is meme.

Your unsubstantiated retardation has still yet to actually answer any point I've brought up and all you can do is scream nostalgia with a tough-guy front.

>deflecting more all the while not bothering to address how you're part of the problem
i'd spout more memes but it'd just give you another wall to hide behind

This. Third one was the only movie that lived up to its Star Wars name, and the only one that was really necessary to explain anything in the future movies.

This. That scene gives me chills every time, especially when Vader throws palpatines ass over the edge

>transformers
kek
thats how I know you are retarded

>infuriated countless Star Wars fanboys
That would be The Force Awakens. All the biggest nerds I've met like the prequels and consider VII the abortion that ruins everything.

Only faggot ass redditors like VII anyway.

Empire Strikes Back is in my opinion the most overrated meme of a movie ever made. Speaking ill of it here gets you more shit than saying you fast-forwarded through the first hour of The Deer Hunter.

Yeah he never talks backwards like in ROTJ or anything.

>when 900 years you reach, look as good you will not

Oh wait

VII was literally diversity fest and the story was a hack job

My classification:

Episode 5
Episode 3
Episode 6
Episode 4
Episode 1
Episode 7
Episode 2

1. Episode 4
2. Episode 5
3. Episode 6
4. Episode 1
5. Episode 3
6. Episode 7
7. Episode 2

Ep 5
Ep 4
Ep 6
Ep 3
Ep 7
Ep 1
Ep 2

He was paid more money than many nation's GDP. And since Disney is going to fuck it all up with the upcoming movies, he'll be remembered fondly.

Kinda like how everyone remembers Bush fondly now that Trump is the new face of the GOP

It's a shitty movie but it undeniably has had an impact. A bunch of shitty modern blockbusters have tried really hard to replicate what Michael Bay did in that movie. I can't name a single film that has tried to replicate what George Lucas did in the prequels.

Did you live through the early 00s? Every Star Wars nerd fucking hated The Phantom Menace and the other prequels received a lot of shit too. Go onto a Star Wars forum and you'll find plenty of prequel defenders but you'll also find countless Star Wars nerds who hate the prequels with a burning passion.

>I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

Dat delivery. Throne room was the greatest scene in all of Star Wars.

the phantom menace better than fucking revenge of the sith?

I don't really think anybody who dislikes the prequels really understands what Star Wars was intended to be. The prequels are thematically consistent with the rest of Star Wars and good movies in their own right, I don't see what the problem is. All RLM did was needle the plot and treat arbitrarily selected theories on writing like the ten commandments of film.

>Kinda like how everyone remembers Bush fondly now that Trump is the new face of the GOP
Nobody remembers Bush fondly, if they did Jeb would've won the nomination.

I didn't even say they're bad. Well, they are but that isn't my point. My point is it's a fact that the prequels infuriated countless Star Wars fans. The Phantom Menace was probably the biggest disappointment in the history of cinema and I don't think anything will ever be able to cause as much anger amongst nerds as that movie did. The anger was so immense and widespread that even TV shows like South Park ripped it apart.

Good list.

>I don't really think anybody who dislikes the prequels really understands what Star Wars was intended to be.
Don't get pretentious, senpai. Star Wars was supposed to be a fun adventure series and the prequels failed to deliver any unironic fun. That's it.
>The prequels are thematically consistent with the rest of Star Wars and good movies in their own right, I don't see what the problem is.
You can't seriously tell me you see nothing wrong with Episode I or Episode II.

>Kinda like how everyone remembers Bush fondly now that Trump is the new face of the GOP
u wot m8? Everyone loathes Bush. If people liked him then Jeb or some other neo-con would've gotten the Republican nomination instead of Trump.

Phantom menace is to Star Wars what phantom pain is to MGS. Pretty good things about it, but didn't come close to living up to the hype

I don't follow vidya very closely nowadays, how did people react to The Phantom Pain? All I know is Kojima had a following out with Konami and didn't finish the game but they released it anyway.

You have two types of mgs fans. Those who praised what was there but say it could've been a lot better and the ones who call it a total piece of shit that ruined the series.