youtube.com/watch?v=HXNE_l1YUHU&t=0s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AUR0ALUsnV4
youtu.be/h5S7gQEJvkk
youtube.com/watch?v=dEFvI-Tmezo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pretty good

TIRED OF XBOX

Interesting how indie rock hipsters are doing better prog than shitty metalhead 70's copycat like Steve Wilson.

Who do you mean?

>shitty metalhead 70's copycat like Steve Wilson
Go back to watching Fantano

>My fifth record is in many ways inspired by the hugely ambitious progressive pop records that I loved in my youth (think @itspetergabriel So, @katebushmusic Hounds of Love, Talk Talk’s Colour of Spring and @tearsforfearsmusic Seeds of Love).
If this is true, this album would be his official attempt at commercial success. I can only hope I'm wrong.

>Interesting how indie rock hipsters are doing better
no they're not. indie bands are shit and so is their music

A O T Y
O
T
Y

Like who goddammit why do you contrarians always spew this shit without justification, your point could have merit but we all think you're just an idiot instead.

Other than its lyrics, I think this is a great track. That crescendo after the second chorus is awesome.
I'm excited about this "poppier" album. The best parts of HCE were the soft parts and I'm not the biggest fan of his proggy work

HCE > Raven > Insurgentes > Grace

Why don't you give some examples if you wanna validate that opinion.

I can't say enough that SW is so much better in pop than in prog. Here are some of his best songs: Radioactive toy, Stars die, Sleep of no dreaming, Dark Matter, Piano Lessons, Lightbulb Sun, Blackest Eyes, Trains, Lips of ashes, Muzak, Prodigal, Arriving sonewhere but not here, My Ashes,Harmony Korine, Time Flies, Drive home, Routine. - all of these songs have great pop sensibilities.

Pop sensibilities, but not outright pop. He said that he was miserable and couldn't make outright pop. It's in this video:
youtu.be/AUR0ALUsnV4
Either way, I hope the new album won't be a mild pop rock album.

Ninet is a nice singer

Not only nice, but one of the few interesting female vocalists right now. Just listen to those Eastern influences and her vocal delivery. Completely refreshing in the world of pseudo-black soul diva singers.
youtu.be/h5S7gQEJvkk

Whatever, I think stuff like Trains or Lazarus are wonderul little pop ballads.

>a mild pop rock album
I think it's gonna be much more than that if the inspiration was coming from Talk Talk and Kate Bush. Did you like the new single by the way?

Haven't listened to it. I will report back.

Okay I'll wait

I've just listened to it and I'm quite surprised he went with that drum sample, which was also present here, although it's quite lower in the final mix.
youtube.com/watch?v=dEFvI-Tmezo
This is my post too:
And I can say I'm a little biased towards Ninet. After her scream, they went into shoegaze for a while, which is also interesting. I'm also surprised that they went with perhaps a harsher Ninet's vocal track and I would like to hear what they did on other tracks. Judging from Pariah, I don't think this is going to be a mild pop-rock album, though we're yet to hear.

*blocks your path*

I like the track too, the production is fantastic and that "shoegaze" part you mentioned really elevates it imo

Hopefully they'll use Ninet's vocals more

The track lengths are on iTunes. 4 tracks over 6 minutes in length. The longest is over 9. I doubt it'll be that straightforward.

As I said here:
I don't think that would be the case, though we're yet to hear.

So it will be like Hand Cannot Erase