Describe your favorite singer's voice, others try to guess who it is. I'll start with an easy one: a dark, stiff...

Describe your favorite singer's voice, others try to guess who it is. I'll start with an easy one: a dark, stiff, and commanding baritone with lots of vibrato

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VSYWbRdQhlA
youtube.com/watch?v=AciDXNjNNI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nick Cave?

High pitched but commanding, pretty great range, screams about personal demons a lot.

>Talks sarcastically rather than singing
>Emphasises each word as if every sentence is an intelligent statement no matter how basic/ridiculous the sentence is
>Ends every word with "eh"

rocky and gravely voice sometimes sounds like screaming

sometimes nasaly

At best, very emotive, soaring and inspiring with great range, power and an often complex but catchy melodic style. Sometimes solo but usually with some sort of either double tracking or backing vocalists harmonising or doubling up on lines.
At worst, melodramatic to the point of being cheesy with science fiction/ fantasy flavoured pseudo-philosophical lyrics.

Mikey G

Cher

Bump

Jon Anderson?

ya

Serious pipes.

Soft deep voice with gloomy feel to it. Screams and rasp at intense moments and serious whiskey and cigarette voice on later albums.

A crazy fat autistic man screaming his lungs out.

lord worm?

> High tenor voice
> great clear vowels and tight pronunciation like a Choir boy
> Extremely underrated when it comes to his vocals
> Amazing at harmonies
> loves repetition and minimalism
This is pretty easy to figure desu

peter steele

David Thomas?

uses his voice as an instrument

Scott Walker?

Either D. Boone or Frank Black

>garbled, haunting baritone that comes out in yelps- often lowers his voice basically to the point of a whisper

panda bear?

Nope

a fairly high and soothing voice that slurs words a lot and is often used to simply complement the instrumental, rather than to incorporate a narrative

Ian Curtis
Thurston Whoore

Axl Rose?

post millenium Marilyn Manson

See
?

Ding ding ding!
Correct

Odd, nasal, gravelly - divisive and often heavily criticised.

Dave Mustaine?

bad ugly annoying everyone hates it

>thurston
No, he's from th UK

Thom Yorke?

Jamrs Murphryry

wrong

another hint: not english

Lisp.

He/She doesnt sing in English or isn't English?

Win Butler

Grimes

it's gotta be Frank Black

doesn't sing in english

At best he sounds like a cheap Elvis impersonator. At worst he sounds like he's got marbles in his mouth. He makes a fuck ton of weird noises.

David Byrne

I have never heard her voice without it being pitch-shifted in some way

Wrong

Got it in one

danzig

Peter Griffin

very close but no cigar

the guy from the coltranes

Whitney guy with nasally voice that strains his voice to reach notes

Axl Rose?

No sir

Danzig was a very close guess due to both being horror themed punk

Lol. Naw. Think 'Mallfucked'

No. Male

the guy from the cramps?

idk if you mean jello tho

Whiney guy with a nasally voice that strains to hit notes he knows he can't reach

Billy Idol

Yessir, Lux Interior

shyt i dont even listen to the cramps, they were the only horror punk related band that i thought of that anyone could like more than the misfits haha. whats good cramps material?

It's obviously Tom Waits

B52's

Songs the Lord Taught Us, their debut, is the perfect place to start. If you're into rockabilly, garage rock, surf rock and 50's horror, they will be right up your alley. Off the Bone and a Date With Elvis are my other favorites as well.

Clear voice with huge range, manual vibrato and unique growls.

MES

Wishes he was Meatloaf

Isaac Brock

3-2-1 Lisp off

I thought someone would get a chuckle out of mine.
Good job.

Used high pitched screams on the first album, since then he sounds like a drunken preacher

Jack Black

sweet thank you. if you havent heard the coltranes give em a shot, theyre pretty much those things but with a heavy dose of dirty punk

Devin Townsend

nope

Lololololol.
Jack Black is just a fat fuck who wishes he was Dio.

WAX FANG

A very clear soft rosy voice. With a tiny lisp. Obvious English accent.

1 He really shouldn't sing but he can't keep a band together, fired their latest singer a few months ago (or maybe more). When he sings he tries very hard to have a gravely voice but there's no way he can do it

2 Has been terrible since the first album he sang in. He is a tenor, and he overemphasises his vibratos. I know I already said it but he honestly sounds like a chicken, he lost quite a lot of range with age

Sorry, forgot about this thread. No, it's Bob Dylan.

no lennon

this was it
before:
youtube.com/watch?v=VSYWbRdQhlA
now:
youtube.com/watch?v=AciDXNjNNI4

Peter Gabriel?

Dope thanks for the rec

this was good