Have you ever seen anyone die, Sup Forums? Did it change you or make you think differently?

Have you ever seen anyone die, Sup Forums? Did it change you or make you think differently?

Share your stories about death here

Wife died in a car crash
Heard her death rattle
Been an opiate addict ever since to cope
So yeah you can say i changed since i saw and heard her die

God damn, that's shitty, user.

How long ago was this?

Nearly a year
It never ever gets better
The dude I moved in with after I broke down has stopped me ending it all but I know I'm a burden on him

>worked at bingo hall for a few years
>decent job, full time plus tips
>obviously ton of old ladies
>once in a while someone croaks
>first time it happened i felt a little off
>literally just saw this person yesterday, now they'll never be here
>managers and coworkers tell me its best not to get attached to customers
>one customer dee, very elderly, around late 90's, regular on the weekends
> walking around the floor selling cards, counting tiles on the floor
>hear loud thud
>look over, its dee, she fucking fell
>customers surround her, i freak out
>run to my manager "dee just fell"
>session pauses, manager and older coworkers rush into action
>me and other young coworkers stay back
>ambulance arrives, carries her out
>find out next day she died in the ambulance
>customers would die around 1-2 at a time on a monthly basis
>eventually grew numb to it
>got a new job, never returned to bingo hall

Would never expect a bingo hall to be so morbid. I guess it makes sense though.

Did ever become a thing you got used to or weren't that moved by or was it always kind of shocking when someone just died like that?

Brother shot himself in the chest.
Dad tried to do CPR out of desperation

> I work as a doctor
> see it atleast once a week

It was shocking the first 2-4 times but after being there for so long it was like i became numb to it. I'd get the news but have this sort of "i dont give a fuck, i just wanna get through my shift" attitude. It just became a part of the job that i got used to.

i work in commercial realestate and i have to tour these "assisted living" facilities all the time, which are either terminal nursing homes for 80/90+ y/o people or mental asylums, usually both.. it is so fucking ungodly depressing to see all of the apartments and cards from grandchildren hung up and stuff.. i don't know why, it just really really weirds me out...

my grandfather always forgot stuff right before he died and it tore my dad up seeing him like that, i couldn't imagine how much it must suck seeing someone that you respect slowly wither away... most of my relatives have died while they were fairly lucid and happy, and honestly it's a fucking blessing if you ask me.

>14 yo emofag back in the day
>16 yo emofag gf
>go to gf's house after school
>no car in driveway
>knock door anyway
>no answer
>door open
>go inside creepin like pink panther
>hear banging upstairs
>ask ly is that you
>more banging
>go upstairs
>open bedroom door
>emofag gf hanging in room
>wat do user
>call parents and 911
>emofag gf dies in room beside user

Feels bad man

no way this is real, wtf is this, straight out of a murakami novel? fuck off

That would devastate me 2 user. Feel for you

>Worked EMS for FDNY for 3 years
> old and middle aged people become emotionless to it
>never got over the kids dying
>Had 11 y/o girl get hit by car crossing street after school
>neck snapped still had to perform CPR so crowd outside projects didn't chimp out
>Had mother throw baby out window in Alphabet City because baby cries to much
>feels bad
>led to period of "there is no god"
>got heavily addicted to drugs
>over it now

What's your specialty?

Most fucked up death you've seen so far in your career?

Any idea why he did it?

We're not supposed to live as long as we do. Our brains deteriorate and it's just hell for the rest of your family to deal with.

I've known two people that were murdered, saw the body and crime seen of one.
It sucks but what can you do, you just keep going and stay busy until it hurts less.

Interesting story

I'm taking an EMT class this summer. Do you feel obligated to perform CPR even when the score is pretty obvious often?

Just curious. What is a death rattle?

I was a heroin addict for 6 years, now I'm not. I once was smoking crack with a friend's mom for 3 days straight while I was using, she ended up trying heroin out for the first time and died. I didn't notice she was dead for about 20 mins and saw how white her lips were. I freaked and called the cops. Almost forgot her 'boyfriend' was there to. He appeared to not give a fuck. After the cops came and everything they just leave the house, with us in it. Very strange as to why they did that. Kind of just went on with my day after that, really.

Interesting. Any more drug stories?

Sure. Homelessness in the winter of the Midwest US is a horrible place to be, but summertime at homeless shelters are far worse my friend. I grew up very fortunate so this was a culture shock to me. The smell would he the first thing I noticed. Monkeys would share showers and bang up heroin in them. I never had to do it at the shelter but I'd do it just about anywhere else. Including when my mom would take me to get it, with her money. As I've said I've been clean for some time now. I've been clinically dead twice, been to county (not prison) and of course as you know homeless. You learn a lot, and if you can make amends with your past life can be good.

I saw a pizza guy get smashed by a tram :(

No sauce

Just blood

How'd it happen? Did he fall on the tracks or something?

>paramedic
>yes
>yes

I've seen more corpses and peple die then years ill ever live on this earth

Does it bug you any? Or are you kind of over it by now?

Damn. you wasted good digits.

Still, Czek'd

checked!

checkerd m8

I'll always remember the look of disbelief in her eyes as I slid the blade in...

edge alert

Had a friend die when I was 11, I was upset obviously but it never felt major. More of a "oh bummer" kind of feeling.

The first pediatric death bothered me, I had been an EMT for like 2 months.....

But since then, it doesn't bother me at all now

Do you feel your time spent on Sup Forums helped you become "desensitized" to it all and made it easier in anyway?

>Damn. you wasted good digits.

do you have any idea how retarded you sound

i recently had a phinipino scamer executed by there government.

wat