Why is youtube recommending terrible jazz to people?

Why is youtube recommending terrible jazz to people?

because people seem to like it

Have a good example of this happening?

ok, why do people seem to like terrible jazz?

they don't have taste as good as yours

ryo fukui- scenery

it's ok

The majority of them have probably never heard good jazz or if they have it probably went over their heads so they needed something simple and unchallenging

Chinese should stick to food, not jazz

that's a bad example, user

>simple = bad
wew

it's outsider jazz, you wouldn't understand.

Pretty decent album, very accessible for your standard "5 hour jazz music for studying compilation" searching youtuber.

nobody implied that you dumb dumb

Youtube recommends you things that are related to what you normally listen/watch

So basically, stop listening to terrible jazz you faggot

So why don't they listen to Ahmad Jamal?

where did I say it was recommended to me?

They often do, he's recommended on YouTube quite a bit.

why else would you care so much about what other people listen to?

his cover art isn't as cool (which is really the most important thing to most Sup Forumstants) plus IT'S FROM JAPAN!!!!

Youtubecore. I know you people hate anything popular but this album is babby's first cool/bop and that's not a bad thing. A light 7 and not terrible as you people want to believe. Absolute zero compared to the greats, obviously, but let's not make retarded comparisons. It is what it is.

Because that's the whole point in coming to this board... why are you here?

when did it become cool to hate on Fukui?

>oh no reddit likes it, i must ridicule it now
i wonder why this never applies to ape hop in Sup Forums. i could do without them and their garbage of a genre.

>go into the comments
>"this sounds like cowboy bebop"

When the Scenery video surpassed a million views.

you have to be somewhat discriminatory when it comes to jazz

where would Sup Forums be if everyone only knew kind of blue and the epic and nothing else?

These

"Scenery" is the debut album, and one of the few recordings made by Japanese pianist Ryo Fukui. It's a simple piano trio setup with Fukui accompanied by bassist Satoshi Denpo and drummer Yoshinori Fukui.

It's obvious from the first track, "It Could Happen to You," that Fukui draws a lot of influence from Bill Evans. His style of left hand comping and bouncy swing feel seem directly influenced by Evans, however Fukui often lacks the chromatic, lyrical melodic drive and adroit phrasing that makes Evans' playing such a joy to listen to. Instead, Fukui tends toward short, diatonic phrases, that seldom move outside the natural phrasing of the tune. Denpo and Yoshinori Fukui swing along fairly well, though they also do little to encourage any interesting obfuscation of the form, giving the tune the feeling of a jam session. "I Want to Talk About You" is fairly similar but with a more relaxed, ballad approach.

The real high point of the album is Fukui's original "Early Summer" which finally deviates from the simple jam session approach and relaxed mood of the rest of the tracks. A funky modal vamp defines the melody and the beginning of Fukui's solo, though it gets quite a bit more interesting when the trio shifts into a double-time swing. Here Fukui finally shows some melodic creativity with long, chromatic phrases and some effective crossrhythms. He also takes advantage of the harmonic simplicity of the tune and seems to be channeling McCoy Tyner more than Evans, with some nice quartal playing that gets fairly harmonically adventurous at times.

The 'B' Side finds Fukui taking a bluesier approach, first on "Willow Weep for Me," then on another jam-session-y version of "Autumn Leaves." Fukui blueses up the tunes, but still often lacks any sense of nuance in phrasing or overall shape of his solos. There is one thing that Fukui does very well, which is the repeating hemiola, though he uses this technique so often that it becomes predictable and tiresome. "Scenery" closes the album with another original composition. It's a simple progression that fits Fukui's style well, though the trio seems to struggle somewhat with the slow tempo and the rhythm section puts very little variation or imagination into their accompaniment of Fukui's solo.

Overall the album is very average, with Fukui demonstrating competency in jazz piano, but little in the way of personality or a developed style of his own. In many ways, Fukui sounds like a student, content to imitate Bill Evans or Red Garland, but without adding any new color to give the music character or fully understanding the more subtle aspects of these players' styles . The exception is "Early Summer" where Fukui proves he is at least capable of playing interesting music. It's a shame that the bulk of the album is dedicated to the less interesting and much more derivative approach.

What's wrong with that?

Most people don't have autism

The Cowboy Bebop soundtrack is mostly jazz

It's really just not that great of an album, very basic.

Would you rather people get recommended smooth jazz? At least they could perhaps discover Bill Evans this way.

Fuck jazzthreadguy and fuck drones

fukui is decent, youtube recommendations were a mistake

what makes it terrible?

He's right tho

OP's pic is a good album. Can an actual jazz fan tell me what's wrong with it other than its unchallenging? Kind of Blue is unchallenging and it's one of the best jazz albums of all time.

So there's this Jazz album, but I've forgotten the artist/band's name and album name, but what I do remember is the first track, which had some playful piano as intro quickly accompanied by a flute. There was drumming, ofcourse, and the chorus had this typical Oriental sounding vibe to it, with strings struck very fast and only once every bar. Then there was this 2 minute drum solo that even went into finger tapping at one point, it was so ridiculous.
I lost my hard drive (stolen) with all my music on it and I desperately want to listen to this stuff again, it was so great. If ANYONE has any idea what I'm talking about, please be kind and reply to this.
Also, I think it was also made by Asian people, they were even Japanese I think.

See

No one, really? Damn that makes me sad :(

There's nothing wrong with it

are there better albums? sure

but scenery is solid. people just like to shitpost

youtube recommends me The Chainsmokers when I listen to Codeine, the algorithm really isn't smart enough to decipher what's "related"

Mellow Dream is better anyway

amen

Fukui taught himself the piano at 22. He released this masterpiece a short six years later.

It's never too late to start learning.

>masterpiece

i forgot the meme arrows, i'm quoting a comment on the video

In New York is his tour de force tbah(to be absolutely honest)

Just because it's light and accessible doesn't make it bad

You're right, it's the bad playing and trite, unimaginative renditions of overplayed standards that make it bad.

First time i listened to this album i thought it sounded really good, some really nice bouncy stuff in the first track and some others.

But as i listened more and more, i started seeing some really obvious patterns and lack of creativity in Ryo's playing, and most of the tunes sound really really boring.

And this stuff got really worse when i listened to his other albums, "Mellow Dream" and "A letter from slowboat" with some of the least interesting jazz playing i ever heard in my life

because there is no diferentiation between good and bad jazz. it is a TERRIBLE genre and has not even ONE single good album. and dont post coltraine or herbie shit

that wasn't his fucking point idiot

Same, but with everything that comes out of Japan; they're a nation of copyists

this is pop music, not jazz

Sup Forums is such a shithole
fucking kids

triggered j-ASS fan