Bandcaaaaaaaamp (Thread)

Nother one since the last one died. Post music, give feedback, have fun, don't be a shill.

Other urls found in this thread:

wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
zirconium.bandcamp.com/album/garage-songs-ep
coolswimprettymaxim.bandcamp.com/album/garden
songkick.com/concerts/29829764
droopies.bandcamp.com/releases
droopies.bandcamp.com/yum
droopies.bandcamp.com/merch
lovecrypt.bandcamp.com/album/y-o-u-l-i-t-t-l-e-c-u-n-t
jackmorganmusic.bandcamp.com/track/mcor
slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/olympic-runner
anajunno.bandcamp.com/releases
noriginal.bandcamp.com
thepablocollective.bandcamp.com/album/behind-open-doors
tau-9.bandcamp.com
heart-rip-magic.bandcamp.com/
andaloumoon.bandcamp.com/releases
christianlovers.bandcamp.com/album/misery-ritual-christian-lovers
pagodamast.bandcamp.com/album/atonement
caffeinefreerecords.bandcamp.com/album/blossom
dealerplates69.bandcamp.com
restyousleepinggiant.bandcamp.com/album/dead-tapes
awardshow.bandcamp.com/
suicideisanoptionrecordsc2016.bandcamp.com/album/damnstve
postelvis.bandcamp.com/album/post-elvis
brain.bandcamp.com/album/birthday-wish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
>shoegaze/emo/dream pop
>noise drowned vocals
>songs about loss and abuse

Album's been out for around a week now, many thanks to everyone who has given it a listen. FFO: Astrobrite, Swirlies, Have a Nice Life

zirconium.bandcamp.com/album/garage-songs-ep

>metal
>different genre every song
>shitty recording
>shitty band

I'd appreciate a listen tho

>wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever

this is rly good, nice comfy dark atmosphere, i like

mine:

coolswimprettymaxim.bandcamp.com/album/garden

>art rap
>gay shit
>warm

D R O O P I E S
upcoming show in PHILADELPHIA
songkick.com/concerts/29829764

droopies.bandcamp.com/releases
free download codes:
sdft-gl5p
j7rs-3ezt
6wlc-c7y7
droopies.bandcamp.com/yum
droopies.bandcamp.com/merch
currently mixing lp2...

The shills are back in town

>Industrial Hip-Hop
>Noise

lovecrypt.bandcamp.com/album/y-o-u-l-i-t-t-l-e-c-u-n-t

Give it a listen, it's under 6 minutes, you might enjoy it.
PEЦC

>Microsound
>Experimental Electronic
>Glitch

jackmorganmusic.bandcamp.com/track/mcor

This is my first time making electronic music so any feedback is greatly appreciated!

>j7rs-3ezt
Took this key, really digging your sound! It'd be cool if you got really noisy with the lo-fi aspects of it
Reccing this, solid stuff

slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/olympic-runner

>experimental
>vaporwave
>new wave

New album coming out soon...

recs:

New album, new band...from Argentina

anajunno.bandcamp.com/releases

>Indie
>Dream pop
>instrumental at times

musix to drug ur pug to

noriginal.bandcamp.com

>experimental
>boom bap
>rap

thepablocollective.bandcamp.com/album/behind-open-doors

another bangin' release from one of the people who brought you TDOP

>instrumental hip-hop
>live instrumentation
>layered samples
>experimental
>IDM on a track

these are mainly just some leftovers from about a year of work, although I'm now working on a totally new/original album, which will probs also be released on the pablo collective bandcamp.

and my personal bandcamp: tau-9.bandcamp.com

also, while you're there, be sure to look at bphax's new release, Stranger Things Volume 3, a soundtrack/ambient album with a boards of canada inspiration, check it out!

my main reccs

heart-rip-magic.bandcamp.com/

Heuristics - We Didn't Know You Were Lighting Yourself on Fire for Us

>electronic
>experimental
>cute/hurt
>songs about my family

Been playing jazz a long time but I'm getting out into something more contemporary.

Recs coming later

Ayy, that's what I was going for. This is super gay. I mean that as a compliment.

Full of self loathing, and usually this style of music can get boring, but the disinterested mumblerap kinda feel it has works. Dig the lullaby beats. If I'm being honest, it feels too aesthetic focused at times but I still enjoyed it. DL'd

rec'd as always, listened again recently and I'm stickin by my T&P comparison. Burning Man is such a headbanger

Glad you enjoyed!

If I'm being honest though, I have no idea what you were going for with this song you linked though. Like, genuinely hesitant to call it music and I listened through the whole thing, it was just kind of uncomfortable and didn't lead anywhere. It felt like something my friend used to do on his keyboard when we were getting ready for band practice. Just nothing distinguishing about it and while the sounds themselves can be good when they're a part of something, this just felt like sounds.

Sorry. I know that'll come off as harsh. I just listen to a good amount of glitchy stuff and noise and it feels like a lot of people just getting into it think you can mishmash anything together but...idk. Maybe if this was in context, like part of an album, it'd fit, but by itself I have no idea what you're intention was.

Hey thanks for the feedback, any help is appreciated.
It is my first time messing with electronic music, so hopefully I can start to make something more cohesive after I practice a bit more and keep at it.

andaloumoon.bandcamp.com/releases

>abstract ambient hip hop
>hip hop for fans of Stars Of The Lid or Scott Walker
>dreamlike, eerie

seeking rappers and singers, DM me if interested!

wow this is actually

fantastic

it did make me feel something, in the dissonance there's something so natural and beautiful
I wish I had your songwriting sense desu

recommendation

recs

For sure. I mean, it doesn't need a strict structure or anything, just listen to the stuff you like and kinda think about what their thought process might have been, why they made the song that way etc. Practice is definitely the best way to get better

>Buy Now
>name your price
Oh hell yeah.

me, again, not tryna clutter the thread but keep finding new stuff to listen to

riggity rec'd

Saw Moniker rec'd and had to check out. You have a very natural feel for developing your music and conveying emotion. Good example - around 2:10 or so in Momma where the music just shifts slowly. This is beautiful stuff. I'm going to DL and listen to the rest later. I have a hard time saying exactly what this reminds me of. Closest thing I can think of is the song "Vanishing Grace" from The Last of Us's soundtrack, like reflecting on a beautiful moment that you know will eventually be lost

That's probably some pretentious shit but I'm day drinking so I have a built in excuse

Either way, I love it.

bump

me

constructive criticism/recs:

Since I loved hearing what you said about my music from an emotional standpoint I will do the same for you. I'll probably end up doing some analytical shit too.

The texture of this first song is really crushing, almost like I am sinking/drowning. I think a lot of the best shoegaze creates this feeling and your vocals really compliment it. While listening I am wondering if you intent for the lyrics to be unintelligible and simply to serve as another instrument. On Colorado I liked the shift towards more abused vocals as the song reached its conclusion.

Sometimes I feel like shoegaze might be more effective if the bands used more texture changes (like the effects on instruments, e.g. how much reverb there is, or even the instrumentation itself), as so much of the time there is just this wall of feeling and sound constantly roaring. Your later track, choi min-sik action figure, does this really nicely. I love the melodies from the vocals on armadillo but I wished you had sung them more clearly or with more command. Maybe I'm a sucker for melody. Refer to the first few words of zzz if you want to hear what I'm talking about.

I think you're really good at portraying moods and feelings and doing it in interesting ways. For example, I love the tempo changes on nobody home, they really bring interest to the song, especially for one so long. Holy shit I love the build up around 6:30 and the vocals crying over the top. When the instruments drop out it suddenly moves from comfortable crying to unease, I like it. I only wished that when the wailing came at 6:20 that there had been more of that build, like a big drum fill or something to lead to it rather than it sounding kind of like a seperate section.

Thank you for making your music. I think this is a great community for improving and growing, especially if people like you give out great feedback like you so generously did for me.

Man, it's been a minute since I got an awesome in depth critique like this. This is actually the longest one I've gotten, come to think. Thank you so much.

The lyrics are definitely meant to be unintelligible on a bunch of the songs, and I'm so glad you mentioned the sinking/drowning thing since that was my intention on Colorado. The original chorus-y section with all the growling vocals actually was about driving a car into a river, but I wound up referencing a dream I had a couple weeks later instead.

And I've gotten that feedback about armadillo's vocals a ton now, so much so that I'm actually thinking I'll re-record it and slip it back into the bandcamp for future downloaders. Originally I planned on leaving it, thinking it added to the vulnerability, but the more I hear the more I think people were just annoyed by how weak they sound. And not breath-y, just all around diminutive.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words! Need more awesome feedback like that in these threads

sorry about the long recs and shit.

I dig this. I think that the music and lyrics don't really call for such a deadpan delivery though. I also would've enjoyed hearing some more changeups in your flow. Some hooks would be great too.

Damn dude! I remember downloading this back in 2015. I am excited for how you guys have grown if you've been playing shows, looking forward to LP2.

I much prefer the new wave sounding stuff on here compared to the avant garde stuff. I think it is useful to have at least some parts of your song that you can sing along to easily and some of your songs have that.

Last thread I said this but I don't know if you got a chance to see it:

(In regards to Strangers Things Volume 3): You do a really great job at painting a mood with these tracks. The song names also do a great job at lining up with the feeling. How did you come upon your name?

I also listened to The Death of Pablo and I think you create a clearer, easier to understand mood on that project. I think the only thing you could add is a real melody to some of the songs (although you probably aren't especially going for that).

are these just the instrumentals for tracks that will have vocals or are they standalone? I quite like most of them as standalones but am interested to hear what happens when you add in the rest of the project.

I think that on some of these tracks you could stand to eliminate some of the space that is used to repeat sections already heard. This happens on the first track especially, but maybe when the project is complete the song will need to be this long.

Don't get me wrong, I totally think it adds to the vulnerability! I think that if you had just nailed all your notes (like the note you kind of missed when singing the word "ignored") and had the tone and same gentleness throughout it might help out. Maybe just pump up the volume instead?

>I much prefer the new wave sounding stuff on here compared to the avant garde stuff. I think it is useful to have at least some parts of your song that you can sing along to easily and some of your songs have that.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I really like where your songs go, as well as how clean it sounds.

Why are there two threads?

well actually, I didn't make Stranger Things Volume 3. The Pablo Collective was a group of Sup Forums users that banded together to make The Death Of Pablo (which has something like 14 peoples' work on it), and to release that. Later on though, a few of the people from this group (mainly the people responsible for large portions of it/organizing/simply kept in contact), including me, have decided to keep using it as sort of a label for our various work. However, we're not abandoning the collaborative work completely, as we're still trying to work on stuff, but right now we're all focusing on our own music, and we just decided to put it all in one place for organization's sake, as well as to ride on the publicity and following of TDOP.

christianlovers.bandcamp.com/album/misery-ritual-christian-lovers
>Noise, Improvisation, Experimental

Guess I'll post in this tread too

recs

Where can I get a tape of this??

Shoot us an email and we will send you one for free man. We hand make our tapes for shows and only have like 5 left, but we're prob gonna make more soon.

Hey buy this tape!
pagodamast.bandcamp.com/album/atonement
It has epiglottis and crugley, and we split all proceeds! Thanks!

this shit is cool as hell. part of a rap collective, do i just email u thru bandcamp?

Excited for this to happen

Delphine Delight - Blossom

caffeinefreerecords.bandcamp.com/album/blossom

>electronic
>dance
>house
>downtempo

Tapes available

dealerplates69.bandcamp.com

>slacker-psych? post-folk-punk?
>not sure but it's a little meat puppets-esque

yup!

glad to hear haha

restyousleepinggiant.bandcamp.com/album/dead-tapes

>ambient guitar, soundscapes, tape loops, improvised tapes

I've got 10 tapes full of improvised ambient drones and swells. Each tape is different from the rest. I'll be going on a tour from Indiana to New Jersey this month.

sending one ur way my dude

Where u playing in nj, I'm in Princeton and bored as fuck

you go to college there?

I need more friends pls respond user

Cape May Court House. I don't really know where it's at, but I think it's a house show. It's May 20th.

they are just instrumentals for tracks
I am making vocal edits rn, so the songs might be trimmed down or expanded to my heart's content- just wanted feedback before I released anything

Nah, finishing up my senior year at monty hs right now

Damn that's too far from me, I really like your stuff I would come if it was closer

fug DD:

awardshow.bandcamp.com/

>lo-fi
>reverb
>Sad DIY indie

it's a 4 song tape give it a chance

suicideisanoptionrecordsc2016.bandcamp.com/album/damnstve

>experimental
>loud
>art rock
>plunderphonics

postelvis.bandcamp.com/album/post-elvis