What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

thewire.co.uk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pitchfork was always bad for music. It just took a while for it to become obvious. They seemed for a while to be mysterious and have good taste, but their pattern of hyping up random bands and them dropping them by their 2nd album got old.

they became the establishment

Just use tiny mixtape.

time destroys all things

rolling stone magazine was was an edgy rag-tag band of rogue miscreant journalists

it will happen to all of us

Is there anything else similar to Tiny Mix Tape? that focus on experimental/avant-garde music?

They started reviewing music

I lost respect for TMT when they gave Lemonade a 5/5 and started shilling PC Music like crazy even though it's a long-dead fad.

also constantly giving Future super high scores like wtf

Capitalism and the left wing

>I lost respect for TMT when they gave Lemonade a 5/5
imagine being this autistic

They've been embarrassing for a long time, with the super pretentious writing where you can basically skip the first three paragraphs of each review while they talk about some barely related personal story.

Then there's deleting stuff and changing reviews to fit in with current trends, which basically discredits whatever they do.

Also the identity politics they've been bringing on lately. And did anyone else read that article where they had their writers talk about what they've been listening to while "recovering" from Trump's election? It's hilariously pathetic regardless of if you're left or right.

And slightly more recently the long article talking about Beyonce's pregnancy photos that ends with
"Perhaps only time will tell if Beyoncé’s power widens the lexicon of beauty and female control of their image for girls and women who aspire to be just like her—a dragon breathing fire, with beautiful mane, like a lion. But what we know now, and perhaps knew on some level before, is that Beyoncé is a Venus of our times."

wouldn't it be cool if instead of making constant threads whining about pitchfork we talked about other music publications instead

or is that too logical

Well go make one then

Like what? Fantano? other YT reviewers? altpress? npr? rolling stone?

> Beyoncé is a Venus of our times

I'm not a pitchfork hater but wow that really is fucking embarrassing

I do every now and then

npr is cool
I was thinking tmt or noisey or stereogum but I am open to anything that breaks up the monotony of "wahhh pitchfork stopped pandering to my demographic so now I suddenly realized they're a bad site"

Why tf does everyone worship Beyonce like she's a literal goddess? None of her songs are memorable, and whenever poptimists nut themselves over her music it's because of how "timely" and "woke" it is when you never even hear her on the radio other than a handful of older hits.

because she's a good singer and a better performer who has managed to maintain relevance since the nineties which is long enough that you can craft a mythos around yourself and people will buy into it no matter how silly since you've proven yourself in your field

CLRVYNT is good

which review triggers you the most?

>Why tf does everyone worship Beyonce like she's a literal goddess?
why not?

>None of her songs are memorable
simply not true
plus Lemonade is legitimately one of the best pop albums of this decade

haha le autistic meme simply eric famalam here have your gold

nice digits

my favorite was 15 ways to protest trump by buying new music, because buying shit is definitely the best way to express your voice politically

The Quietus
FACT Mag

they're going political now

yankee fox trot hotel - 10
the bends - 10
OK computer - 10
Kid A - 10
MBDTF - 10

they were never good, went from sucking rock cock to sucking rap cock, i'm honestly amazed they didn't give TBAP a 10

Because she's a black woman that white people can point to and be like "see, I like her, I'm woke, give me brownie points!"

bought by Conde Naste

Got turned into a social engineering/propaganda website

Strange Victory Strange Defeat

Z O E C A M P

they don't

it's a mirage

same as the 'our queen' Grimes threads

(msm/social media is rigged)

you're looking for WIRE

thewire.co.uk/

I like weed temple but it kind of tries too hard to find super obscure stuff, I dont really read reviews but its nice to just use the song links they post

YHF is a genuine 10/10 tho

like fucking pottery

>lemonade one of the best
it's good and gets too much shit, but it wasn't even one of the best pop albums this YEAR

They got BLACKED

>it wasn't even one of the best pop albums this YEAR
wrong