Choose your favorite screw head

choose your favorite screw head

choose carefully, you life may depend on one

Frearson

Why do we need so many different ones anyway

Tamper-proof master race
tamper plebs can fuck off

Robertson, because I'm a proud Canadian.

TORX
O
R
X

Phillips cause I have 7 fucking Phillips heads around my house for some unknown reason

Torx is the GOAT

throwing in head topology

roundheads are bastards

Phillips and slot combo
Fucking ezy

Good old philips.

Phillips/slot

whats the advantage of the Phillips Pozi Drive over the regular Phillips?

Its just a small star-thing around the notch- what purpose does it serve?

Tamper proof torx is The best. Alwammys very high quality tips and screws.

OP

Hard to pick, slotted is the most convenient, but phillips is also nice. All i know is I fucking hate torx, and hate it with passion. If you like it you a fucking freak and I mean it, its an useless screwhead and it annoys me that there are people out there using it.

classic phillips all the way

Pozi

Kinetic energy travels easier because more point mass = fucking better handling

Why the fuck does there need to be so many?

Companies want exclusivity

Torx all day. Spax screws make every job easy breezy.

That's fucking retarded, it only makes things difficult and time consuming for people that have to use these tools. It also costs more to buy 20 different tools to do the same fucking job.

Welcome to strip town faggot.

some info

Henry F. Phillips (June 4, 1889 – April 13, 1958)

The importance of the crosshead screw design lies in its self-centering property, useful on automated production lines that use powered screwdrivers. Phillips' major contribution was in driving the crosshead concept forward to the point where it was adopted by screwmakers and automobile companies.

Phillips succeeded in bringing the design to industrial manufacturing and promoting its rapid adoption as a machine screw standard. One of the first customers was General Motors who used the innovative design in 1936 for its Cadillac assembly-lines. By 1940, 85% of U.S. screw manufacturers had a license for the design.

Due to failing health, Phillips retired in 1945. He died in 1958.

Phillips/Slotted

this one

Torxfags fuck off

"security" or "tamperproof" screws are deliberately awkward and rare, to discourage petty vandals

others are for specific industrial uses, like how to Phillips is designed to push the screwdriver out when it's tightened so the drone operating the power driver in an assembly line can move to the next screw without thinking too hard

Hexagon external, ratchets all the way

Fuck screws! Carriage bolt master race!

Robertson. Good for anything and everything.

You torx cucks don't know shit and only full blown retards will say Phillips and slotted.

you take that back!

Torx is bretty gud.

Fuck yer tamper proof BS

That's the point, they don't want you fixing your own thing. They want you paying them to do it.

Torx is the best. It works well for bolts as well as screws, unlike most of these, no matter how heavy duty the application. You don't have to have space around a bolt head like you do with external hex, it doesn't round out as easily as allen/internal hex.