College professor of 8 years AMA

College professor of 8 years AMA

Post degree or gtfo

What college do you teach at?

have you ever considered getting a better job

Ever get into a verbal argument with a student?

Graduate degree in Economics

Down south, but I have taught up North too. US.

Yes, I hate this job. The students keep getting worse each year.

No, because that would be seen by administration as bad conduct. I have a lot of holes in my tongue from biting it so often

You ever nail a student

Are you a filthy liberal?

No, but there were many that I wanted to nail. Fapped to many. I've tried to date a few of them after my semester with them was over, but to no avail.

However, a few years after I had this one student, I saw her on St. Patrick's day at a local bar. She was very drunk and I was very horny, so I proceeded to make-out with her.

I'm not a bad looking guy, just a bit on the plump side.

Absolutely not. Libertarian with some conservative ideas.

See if I couldn't nail students I wouldn't want to be a teacher. Like what's the point. I mean I get some people like to teach, but I would want to sleep with the students more. But it's all good

how much do you make

Not enough. 50k. I only teach for 3 reasons:

1. Christmas
2. Spring break
3. May through August

whats your job?

Well since almost all of my students are 18+, I could legally get away with porking my students, but most women find me to be repulsive anyway. BTW no student has ever propositioned me for a higher grade.

thats more then i make O_o

I'm sorry

Is being a professor worth it to you? Only asking because im looking into an education degree

Why do they find you repulsive?

$50k/year for only working seven and a half months of the year isn't bad. Unless you're doing a shitload of work at home as well.

In some respects, yes. It is good to be able to talk about ideas and have un-conventional schedule. In other respects, it isn't worth it because the income ceiling isn't very high.

Also from the sexual standpoint, one is not ethically permitted to bang students or even former students who are still enrolled at the college.

For me, it has been break-even.

Probably because of my weight and the fact that I'm a little older than they are (late 20s). Couple that with an 'older' demeanor and autism, that explains my current state. I've never really had a good track record with attracting women.

Do the professors that intentionally make their class hard as fuck do it just to screw students over? My cell bio prof puts shit on the test we never even discussed at all.

I slack. I generally only do work while at school during my office hours. Fuck it.

I've been teaching photography for a few years now, and I'll be lurking. I got my MFA from Yale (which was a horrible experience), and teach at a 4-year state college in Florida.

>The students keep getting worse each year.
I'm curious, how exactly?

Some do, sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally.

I try to make my classes middle-of-the-road in terms of difficulty, especially with my intro to econ. courses. I realize economics is not everyone's future career path or interest, and I test them accordingly. I'm not a ball-breaker, but some of my peers are, which goes to show how much they're into academic autofellatio.

Bumping post with pic of former student

How are the hours? I mean, after school hours? I want to go to this field but I hear so many horror stories of having no free time

Why would you spend the time and money at Yale if you didn't like it?

It's basically grading and being in the office for a few hours a week, and that's it.

Being a prof has to be one of the easiest jobs which pays a living wage today.

There's a lot of stereotypes about college students these days. Safe spaces, pronouns, etc. How much of that's true? Do you get a lot of it at your school?

I teach business courses.

>Graduate Degree in Economics
>Claiming to be Professor

Nigger unless you're getting a DOCTORATES in Economics you shouldn't even be a Professor.

I was there on a stipend, so it was virtually free. I stuck around because I thought it would be of benefit for my job prospects, which it absolutely was. I got a full-time position with benefits right after graduation. And this is supposedly the age of adjuncts.

Everyone was literally a communist in that department, and Crewdson was an asshole. I'm glad I did it because of where I'm at now, but I'm glad I'm out of it.

The hours are great, generally. At some schools, I was required to put in 30 hours a week total (office hours, classes, etc.) and other schools I was allowed to come and go as I please, just as long as I met all my teaching hour obligations and office hour duties.

This is partially true, it just depends on the school and geographic area. I currently teach in a heavily conservative/Republican part of the US and there is very little of that nonsense. There is an LGBT club on campus, but its membership is minimial and doesn't do much of anything.

However, at the state college I used to teach at and (surprisingly) the Catholic college I used to teach at had more of this bullshit. I have a reputation of being no-bullshit, politically incorrect on campus. I made remarks about women belonging in the kitchen, "the international banking cabal", my identity as a European-American, etc..

Being PC is religion on a college campus, but I'm proud to be a heretic.

Good on ya for surviving that shit. Got any tales of communist fuckery?

For all practical purposes, there is little difference between someone with a Masters and PhD at most colleges, at least with respect to instruction. Having said that, I am ABD.

Keep in mind that a lot of the Catholic colleges in the states are Jesuit, so they've got a raging boner for social justice.

True, but the Catholic college I taught at wasn't Jesuit. Catholic higher ed is inundated with commies.

I made it about two years into a bachelor's degree at my state school before I dropped out and learned a trade. Bullshit detector kept going off, made it hard to learn.

Interesting to learn that even in the non Jesuit schools it's like that. Got any good stories?

Why not get a second job to make a decent amount of money? Women don't want someone who can't afford their expensive tastes

YES.

One time Jeff Koons came to give a talk, and there were actually PROTESTS because the students saw him as a 'capitalist pig'. I and a friend were the only ones present for the entire talk.

And this is a world famous artist, mind you. The student body were so fucking delusional, it was beyond belief.

You have ythe sex with students yet? They tried something?

That makes my head fucking hurt. Why the hell would you burn up daddies money to larp as a brave communist warrior of the people?

You're an economics guy, do you ever just tell them that, oh y'know, COMMUNISM DOESN'T WORK?

For me, I don't think it is a matter of money with respect to my dating situation. It is more like I'm not black, don't have a 10 inch crank, I'm not a trust fund baby, etc.. That and the fact I'm a fat fuck.

No and no. Like I said, I'm hideous in their minds. Even the worst whore has some standards. I'm an attractive guy who looks 9 months pregnant.

I think you meant this question to go to me the econ guy, but I do nudge them in that direction and I show them the proof.

Not OP

I've had the hots for a couple of my students, but I always manage to keep it

Not OP actually, just another prof.
>daddies money
That actually reminds me of a time when I tried talking to a heady-looking guy who was reading the NYT in one of my non-art classes. He introduced himself as John Rockefeller. I mean, holy shit. If you want to make connections, that's the place to go. Unfortunately I'm just a neurotic artist, and I burned most of my bridges before I graduated.

Keep it at arm's length, I meant. I'm getting sleepy.

Oops, got you guys mixed up. That has got to be fucking frustrating.

Is it as hard as it looks?

No. This has to be one of the easiest jobs around aside from IT in its pay bracket. Basically you lecture and grade, and deal with the inevitable departmental drama and politics.

A doctorate is usually referred to as a graduate degree

Time to start marking tougher.

You on that sweet tenure?

>You on that sweet tenure?
I'm on the tenure track, but I've got a few years to go.

Not at all, the only frustrations come from what said and the window-licking students who come my way.

Not yet, but I am on track.

What a bimbo

>window-licking students who come my way
I get those every semester. If they don't put out the effort I fail them. Simple as that.

People think it's going to be easy because it's a photography class. But what they don't realize is that there is a substantial amount of technique and patience required for the darkroom. I tell people who are struggling to drop, so I have no sympathy for those who fail.