/BCG/ Bandcamp General

Last one died, so here's a new thread.
Rec, review, and support these amazing artists.

Other urls found in this thread:

jacobhutto.bandcamp.com
fore-ver.bandcamp.com/
zacharysticker.bandcamp.com/album/jumbo
armsdealer.bandcamp.com/album/stray-dog
lovecrypt.bandcamp.com/album/y-o-u-l-i-t-t-l-e-c-u-n-t
noriginal.bandcamp.com
frozenzoo.bandcamp.com/album/joy-void
andaloumoon.bandcamp.com/releases
stmp.bandcamp.com/album/the-cattle-were-up-in-the-hills-we-heard-their-bells-in-the-woods
youtube.com/watch?v=vqp0HNvu0xA
windowlistener.bandcamp.com
cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/windowlistener-with-shum
neptheprince.bandcamp.com/album/beverly-hills-vol-2-the-heat-tape
christianlovers.bandcamp.com/album/misery-ritual-christian-lovers
darknasty.bandcamp.com/album/music-for-comas
sloanepetersonct.bandcamp.com
thepablocollective.bandcamp.com/album/behind-open-doors
tau-9.bandcamp.com
heart-rip-magic.bandcamp.com/
umbralash.bandcamp.com/
bigpharmarecords.bandcamp.com/album/christian-lovers-umbral-ash
elemantraband.bandcamp.com/
postelvis.bandcamp.com/album/post-elvis
wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
dandelionseed.bandcamp.com/album/in-space
trick-dice.bandcamp.com/album/hollow
awardshow.bandcamp.com
bigrare.bandcamp.com/track/in-the-city
silentpagans.bandcamp.com/releases
danorum.bandcamp.com/album/ambient-tracks
breadonbread.bandcamp.com/album/sharpie-head-single
skeleton-eyes.bandcamp.com/
skeletoneyes.bigcartel.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jacobhutto.bandcamp.com

>Experimental, Various Genres

>New Release

>Concerned Listener, Concerned Artist
>Ambient, Drone, Field Recordings, Glitch, Instrumental, Lo-Fi, Mental Health, Minimal, Modern Classical, Mono No Aware, Orchestral.

Support, scrobble, or review on RYM. Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. :)

Label Bandcamp:
triteicrecords.bandcamp.com

fore-ver.bandcamp.com/
>idm

zacharysticker.bandcamp.com/album/jumbo
>Electronic
>Rock
>Jazz
>Updated Mastering for the tracks
>Jazz track is now 9 minutes longer
>Trying out a new album cover

armsdealer.bandcamp.com/album/stray-dog

>industrial hip hop, depressive rap

>Industrial Hip-Hop
>Noise

lovecrypt.bandcamp.com/album/y-o-u-l-i-t-t-l-e-c-u-n-t

Give it a listen, it's under 6 minutes, you might enjoy it.
PEЦC

it's not dead

rex

noriginal.bandcamp.com

>experimental
>boom bap
>rap

frozenzoo.bandcamp.com/album/joy-void

>proggy, shoegaze
>long dynamic song structures
>anime aesthetic

starts around the 1:20 mark

just a sample of what I've been working on. Hope to have the full album out early next year

andaloumoon.bandcamp.com/releases

>abstract ambient hip hop
>eerie, dreamlike, etc.
>for fans of cLOUDDEAD, Dalek, Odd Nosdam, Stars Of The Lid

recommendations

like the beats but your vocals are kinda badly recorded, try lowering them in the mix and avoid clipping that's not stylistic (and if you are using it for that reason use it more sparingly)

stmp.bandcamp.com/album/the-cattle-were-up-in-the-hills-we-heard-their-bells-in-the-woods

>guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=vqp0HNvu0xA

improv piano thing over footage of trees, lemme know what you think

windowlistener.bandcamp.com

cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/windowlistener-with-shum

>experimental electronic

check out the windowlistener/shum collab

heavy rec
heres a tape
check it out

neptheprince.bandcamp.com/album/beverly-hills-vol-2-the-heat-tape

christianlovers.bandcamp.com/album/misery-ritual-christian-lovers
>Noise, Improvisation, Experimental

This split is the best thing we've ever made.

recs

darknasty.bandcamp.com/album/music-for-comas

>IDM

I have a new album coming out soon that is a giant improvement technically. Using lot's of new synthesizers and have switched from FL Studio to Renoise. Excited to share it with you guys one day.

reccs
sloanepetersonct.bandcamp.com
poppy punk that isn't really pop punk, kinda 70s power pop influenced, a little goofy, check it out

thepablocollective.bandcamp.com/album/behind-open-doors

another bangin' release from one of the people who brought you TDOP

>instrumental hip-hop
>live instrumentation
>layered samples
>experimental
>IDM on a track

these are mainly just some leftovers from about a year of work, although I'm now working on a totally new/original album, which will probs also be released on the pablo collective bandcamp.

and my personal bandcamp: tau-9.bandcamp.com

also, while you're there, be sure to look at bphax's new release, Stranger Things Volume 3, a soundtrack/ambient album with a boards of canada inspiration, check it out!

reccing these folks right here

Why are there two threads

heart-rip-magic.bandcamp.com/

Heuristics - We Didn't Know You Were Lighting Yourself on Fire for Us

>electronic
>experimental
>cute/hurt
>songs about my family

Been playing jazz a long time but I'm getting out into something more contemporary.

Constructive Criticism/Recs:

I like the track, but why would you have it start around the 1:20 minute mark?

Said this in the other thread, but are these just the instrumentals for tracks that will have vocals or are they standalone? I quite like most of them as standalones but am interested to hear what happens when you add in the rest of the project.

I think that on some of these tracks you could stand to eliminate some of the space that is used to repeat sections already heard. This happens on the first track especially, but maybe when the project is complete the song will need to be this long.

I'm not sure you saw this, before yesterday's thread died:

I like the simplicity of this a lot. I could feel how you felt while you were playing. I think the reason I connected to it is because I often sit down at the piano and just go. It usually ends up sounding a lot like what you found in this video.

I actually went into your bandcamp and love the sound, but some clear melodies might benefit you. What is going to make this unique or special if a lot of people can sit down at the piano and play something like this?

umbralash.bandcamp.com/
>grindcore, power electronics, doom noise
CDs:bigpharmarecords.bandcamp.com/album/christian-lovers-umbral-ash
Got another split coming soon
recs
these are good fucking beat. theyre so dense and have so much going on. cant wait to hear the full album
really like how dark the production, lions especially

elemantraband.bandcamp.com/

>alt rock/indie rock
>shoegaze/dream pop
>creamy and dreamy
>thicc
>FFO: Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Built To Spill, Dinosaur Jr, Prince, Sunny Day Real Estate

yes oh yes, that new music is on its way, be patient

listen frankie cosmos people

postelvis.bandcamp.com/album/post-elvis

>disco punk
>alt pop
>funk

Did tons of feedback in the other thread, idk why there's two but might as well post here too

wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
>shoegaze/emo/dream pop
>noise drowned vocals
>songs about loss and abuse

Album's been out for around a week now, many thanks to everyone who has given it a listen. FFO: Astrobrite, Swirlies, Have a Nice Life

here
I listened to your stuff, dunno if you got my feedback

still some good stuff, but I think that drowned out texture is working against you

honestly it can still be drowned out and still have clear vocals, but that's just me

Alien Children-In Space
dandelionseed.bandcamp.com/album/in-space
>ambient
>lofi
>synth music
>beat tape

Oh yeah, I got your feedback, thought that I replied? Thought we had a bit of a discussion because I thought the verse to Breakfast in Uganda sounded like that Butthole Surfers song, lol.

Favorites are still Lone and Brain Powers.

Oh, and I get the drowned out comment, but I've had a lot of people say they enjoy that part of it too so I'm kind of torn. I definitely want to have clearer vocals on the next one and am going to try and just get more definite, confident takes on the vocals in general with my next release. I've been messing with a few recording techniques. The biggest issue I'm having is making the guitars still sound big and loud while also having kinda loud whispy vocals - I'm an amateur when it comes to EQing and try not to mess with bands to a huge extent and just get the sound I want when recording. When I tried turning vocals up, a lot of the time I found they felt too loud and I almost used them like another instrument on this album

But yeah, I've gotten that comment a lot so far and totally intend to have a different recording style for this next release, at least to an extent. That and I regret certain vocals (like near the beginning of armadillo) and will be much stricter about the takes I keep.

forgot album cover but check it out

I liked all this music. Good work folks.

My Music:
Trick Dice-Hollow
trick-dice.bandcamp.com/album/hollow
>folk
>electronic
>hiphop and drum and bass influenced
>experimental

awardshow.bandcamp.com

>lo-fi
>reverb
>Sad DIY indie

it's a 4 song tape so just give it a chance

when you got a bunch of instruments swriling about, pan them, sometimes you gotta pan like full wide. do it, it makes your stuff sound even more spacey and cool

as for eqing, just take an EQ and always just boost up frequencies and see how they feel on a speaker, if they're getting too harsh then boost them down

and always make sure, your bass drum, your snare , bass and voice are out in center. you should be good my hondo!

bigrare.bandcamp.com/track/in-the-city

>west coast
>calm
>instrumentals

Would love your feedback. Thank you

Recs
Jesus this is great. Are you guys touring cause you should. Christ, what are you doing here on 4 chan. Go play shows.

I've seen you on that shoegaze Facebook group. Did I already critique your stuff or not? I feel like I have, but there's so many here I can't remember. I'm Either way, it's cool stuff. Sometimes I feel like the guitars should be closer to the front but I think that's just a stylistic choice. Love the guitar tones when they're allowed to shine through. The vocals are up and down, sometimes I absolutely love them like in On Dry Land and other times they're just a shade too late 2000s cheesy "emo" pop.

Man, I love your guitar tones. Think that's the real reason I want them up front. Would be really fun to see y'all live. Hope you're around DC before I move in August

hey man, I listened to your stuff and critiqued a bit earlier today, really good stuff! I dug your tone alot too, just some of the meatier tones you have sound a bit fizzy to my ear.

I am so happy you like our tones, that makes me happy. I know brent and I pride ourselves on how our guitars sound, in terms of fullness and clarity. so thank you. But, yeah i am a bit self conscious of my vocals at times. Do you know at what points they are irksome to you? I'd like to know so i could work on it a bit. And the guitars are up front a lot in some songs, i thought at least (skin walker, one hundred bees (the end especially), cute things). But i like to think we are fun live. if you are interested, you could type us in on youtube, i've started filming some of our recent sets so you could watch a couple of our live shows that way haha. I just uploaded a basement show we played saturday, yesterday i believe. Also, funny thing you mention DC, we plan on hitting up DC this summer in august on tour! know any DIY spots or any venues we could get in contact with?

wow, thank you. that means a lot to me. To answer your question, yes we do tour, well we did a 12 day or so tour last summer. It's hard to get on the road a lot because of school and work ya know? But we are gonna go on a couple 5 day or so runs this summer again. But throughout the year we always play shows. usually around 2 to 3 a month. It varies. We keep it relatively local though, usually playing in cities like Buffalo NY, Pittsburgh, Fredonia NY, ROchester NY, Erie PA, Jamestown NY, and other surrounding cities.

I actually downloaded and I'm just getting to those songs you mentioned, when I posted that comment I had only listened to the first three. I see what you mean, guitar is definitely more up front there. It's a weird balance between vocals and guitar, and so much is preference based (especially in shoegaze) that I have a hard time even saying there's a "right" or "wrong" way to do it - listening to so much Kairon; IRSE! and Astrobrite that I'm just submerging them lately haha. I mix all my shit up til it sounds nothing like my favorite bands probably. A couple of these sounded like Third Eye Blind once upon a time. Sounds like y'all are more into Ride almost mixed with SDRE or something but I could be way off. They're just influences anyways

And I totally get you on being self conscious about vocals, I haven't even come CLOSE to getting over that. Layer my vocals like 8 times and whisper sing them just to be sorta happy with them, imo it takes guts to be more raw like what you have. About specific times...it feels shitty giving specific times considering they're areas I find "annoying" but if I had to say, Peach Fuzz's intro is a good example (especially when it gets more nasally, like around 0:07) or Prendergast about 0:40 in...honestly, just the nasally bits. But that's preference, and I'm a hypocrite since I love some nasally singers (hell I just mentioned Third Eye Blind is one of my favorite bands). I love your more ethereal vocals, for what it's worth.

silentpagans.bandcamp.com/releases

>instrumental black metal

first time recording and playing guitar, hope one of you fuckers like it

just dropped an ep please buy it its only 1 dollar...

danorum.bandcamp.com/album/ambient-tracks

lol

thank you and goodnight

breadonbread.bandcamp.com/album/sharpie-head-single
>post-punk/psych/noise rock/DIY
a little single we dropped, filled with dying sharpies ans stitches

awesome man, I'm glad you dig it so much. I always love it when people can pick out why they like something in my music.

The nasally vocals probably come from my huge billy corgan/smashing pumpkins influence haha. Also, my voice just kinda comes out naturally like that. I dont have a powerful singing voice, so its either whispery or kinda nasally and "whiny", ive heard that one a lot too. In the past ive put more reverb and distortion on em. Maybe for our newer releases i'll mix em with some more warmth to kind of mask the whining and nasally aspects. We'll see how it goes. we will have lots of new stuff out in a couple months. all of which i think is by far our best material thus far. lots of variety again but more focused, emotional, and both more atmospheric and catchy

Yo, I dig your shit. Interesting and unique emotions you got going on.

Overall I really dig your ideas and sounds you going for. Especially interesting contrasts of a crazy noisy instrumentals and clear soft vocals. I find it though it got a little too soft towards the end of the EP, soft vocals, mixed the same way kind of got old on Basement imo and melodies got way too airy for me. Love the warmth of your production though.

Hail stanley \m/
Nice start, keep it going!!!!

Skeleton eyes here.

Got our first two releases from UK southcoast
fucksludge entrepreneurs DIRYT KINDA HOT (DKH)

Fucky, sludgey, hard.

Listen/FREE download here:

skeleton-eyes.bandcamp.com/

Physical tapes here :

skeletoneyes.bigcartel.com/