I'm going to be completely honest:

I'm going to be completely honest:

I've never played pokemon. I just bought Red on virtual console. What should I expect? What advice do you have?

My advice is not to read any comment other than mine, just go in blind and youll have an abdolute fucking blast

this. abandon thread and play the fucking game.

i miss the old days when the best thing to read up on a game was 25$ magazine that advertised more shit than you could afford.

back when we just played the damn game

My advice? Check em

Boredom. Low quality game which is mostly comprised of boredom; everyfag overhypes old games with nostalgia.

By the way, you can just emulate the damn thing. If you can type this out, you can emulate it.

Just know this:
Bulbasaur = Easy Mode
Squirtle = Normal Mode
Charmander = Hard Mode
Other than that, the fine gentlemen above summed it up

Fag

You got a problem, or do you just suck the dick of your dull, naive childhood? Move on, the game is boring and low-quality. It was when it was made, and it is now.

Boredom? I recently played through Red in less then 24 hours, playing off and on throughout the day, and had an absolute fucking blast the whole time. Ehat do you find boring about it?

Yeah, emulating is also a better choice because you can speed it up and not have to waste hours waiting to walk slowly.

Fag

Squirtle is technically best, but Charmander if going to be a fucking Dragon so get Charmander.

pick charmander, squirtle is for faggots like gary

Every Pokemon game is inherently boring because it's the same formula, done over and over, but with miniscule modifications.

Red just doesn't have a lot in it (to me). It feels awkward, blank, extremely slow..all of Pokemon, every game, is like that, actually.

And, to top it off, everything is just rock-paper-scissors but with leveling up your rocks, papers, and scissors.

I can see if somebody likes it for its simplicity, but beyond that, even with Nintendo tied to it, it's nothing special or even that much fun. There's no changes to the game throughout it all, and it just dreads on and on.

I got lucky with my venasuar stats and he turned into an unstoppable tank, so yeah. But I feel like squirtle is hard mode personally.

Lots of insanely popular franchises use this exact formula. Some people make a shirt game with it, some people make a great game with it. But really thats all preference.

See: every time I brought up this argument with the FF franchise in high school

My advice is this: Nickname your Charmander to Donaldo Trompo and he gets instant sixty-nine HP.

People buy into simplicity. It's easy.

But change the simplicity, and they cry, because they're used to that simplicity.

have fun in the caves

Pokemon games actually have a really conplex hidden stat system. Honestly I have no idea how it works but ehres giant communities of competitive players that use it. Its the weirdest most complicated shit.

i played all generations. 2nd and 5th are the best.

OP. Do the mew glitch above cerulean city. Best decision you could make. Catch lots of missingno too. Nickname all your monsters dumb shit. Turn off graphics for faster level grinding. Rare candy cheat is for wimps. Get blue yellow silver gold and stadium. Set up tournaments.

Ohhhhh, you dirty bastard. ;)

Well since we are on the Subject. I'm old just as Pokemon Red.
What was your 6 main team? = T
My was:
-Charzard
-Alakazam
-Garados
-Nido King
-Pigeot.
-Vaporeon

How about you anons?

Grats. You just explained all of today's gaming industry. What with the casual faggot masses crying to make mind numbingly easy and boring.