What do y'all think about travis scott

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KnZ8h3MRuYg
youtube.com/watch?v=27-OxkcIGuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think the melon hit the nail on the head when he described it as "high brow trap". Rodeo is one of my favorite albums ever, and while I don't think Birds in amazing I can still enjoy it.

I remember this board's reaction to Rodeo, it was kinda funny because it was an unpopular opinion to say it was good.

I think it's now a confirmed classic of trap and will be seen as such for decades.

poser

He was promising, but fell deep into the DUDE POP/RAP + HOLLYWOOD LMAO

As soon as he released Antidote with the higher pitched voice and the whole "It's lit!!! xDD" it was over

Rodeo was great

idk about birds, but that part where kid cudi moans about and the travis says that part from "day and night" was nice
made me remember

He's dumb as fucking rocks. The absolute stupidest rapper in the industry.

Yeah he is obviously full on retarded

Doesn't mean I can't listen to his tunes though

>high brow trap

travis scott great band

guy is legit autistic, all his older interviews he spills his spaghetti left and right. but hes with a kardashian now so i guess he made it past our ranks long ago

Rodeo and days b4 rodeo are amazing. Birds isnt that good. He fucking killed it at rolling loud this weekend

you know what I mean

>high brow
yeah. sure.
youtube.com/watch?v=KnZ8h3MRuYg

I always thought this guy was a piece of shit after reading various articles saying he fucked a lot of people over. Also he would bite from cudi and other various artists. Then rodeo came out, and it was panned by every critic except the one and only tony. God damn was it fucking incredible. Apple pie is a god tier banger

do you know what panned means

i cant stop listening to Mariah I'm Drunk. I hate most trap artists and trap songs, but that song is different. the beat is eerie and its something ive never really felt in music. the vocals just add to the song's mood. i have not listened to rodeo and kinda dont want to, but mariah im drunk is so nice.

Rodeo is a great album but I can't stand how compressed all the sounds are, its grating to the ears

i like birds in the trap more than rodeo

I've never heard of him, but I have a friend who has the same name

Days Before Rodeo - Phenomenal
Rodeo - Great
Owl Pharaoh - Good
Birds in the Trap - ehhhh

All in all I think Travis has a good thing going. Definitely an innovative and unique sound.

same

DUDE IS THAT ASAP ROCKY

>implying trap is anything but a momentary trend and won't be viewed as the utter shit it is in the coming decades

hes really good. i saw him live last week and it was by far in my top 5 shows. I go to a lot so thats saying something

agreed Birds is pretty much a more polished Rodeo but people here don't get that for some reason or they have some nostalgia blindness for Rodeo

But DBR is and always will be the best Travis Scott album

people thought that about every black music "trend" that's existed, btw

nigga wut

that was racism was cool in the mainstream and black culture wasn't as prominent as it was. Sure there are people knocking Kendrick's album, but that will be regarded highly later on. Travis Scott is a blip in the radar

the rest of the album sounds like that so go ahead and listen to it

the production and feature appearances are better on Birds but the actual songs were typical mainstream trap bangers for the most part

>Rodeo presents itself to have a narrative within the first and last song
>completely ignores that wihin the third track of the album
the album sounds nice but it could've been so much better if he cared enough to present the narrative and keep to the narrative

Is trap music the next disco?

ehhhhhhhhhhh maybe

A random nigger whom I will never listen to

You've definitely heard one of his songs before

if you played the instrumentals to rodeo right next to damn without hearing either artist rap over them, you'd think the more accomplished hip hop album was Rodeo. in fact the worst thing about damn was that it didn't go in enough. sounded like 90% B-sides of a single like King Kunta or Alright.

that's not to say kendrick didn't make it work. damn was his loosest and most transformative record to date. but unfortunately there's little memorability in that.

Rodeo, on the other hand, rejuvinated entire careers (Rae Sremmurd, 2chainz, chief keef, justin fuckin bieber), as well as expanding on the possibilities of the production on Yeezus in a modern pop capacity.

it's a classic mane

The resemblance is uncanny. I also think in a few years the genre will become too inflated. We already are seeing really obscure artists (in terms of Trap music) like XXX, Yachti, etc. gain popularity. I'm just not sure it has the attributes to be a lasting genre.

I say this as an avid listener of modern trap/ rap.

Don't think so dude. I don't listen to ''top 50 on spotifag'' and I go to a different dancefloor whenever shitty modern rap comes on in the clubs.

dubstep was the modern disco (whitewashed drug music with watered down bastardized underground tropes for top 40 masses)

trap is more akin to punk. has gone mainstream, people think it's dead, but it will only keep branching out. because at its core, sure, anyone can do it. but that will be its biggest saving grace.

>because at its core, sure, anyone can do it. but that will be its biggest saving grace

Damn, okay yeah you've kind of changed my perspective a little bit. Dubstep/ Disco comparison is a better example too.

everything thats overdone doesnt become the new disco

DAMN is so mediocre it fucking hurts.

utter trash with bells and whistles attached so pasty gated community kids can feel superior claiming 'ohhh yeahhh mannnnn its trap butttt sooo sonically advanced' because of some 3 minute instrumental section and a pitched hi hat

not to mention the man is a leech who has pillaged atlanta dry

trap is punk music. the rise of lo fi soundcloud rappers like XXX, lil pump etc. is basically another grunge movement

yeah sure

Hes a beast hanging with most of the top hip hop artists like migos.
Rodeo is amazing and his best album

>top hip hop artists like migos

Sarcasm?

punk without the most important part of punk... a message

rodeo is a masterpiece fuck pitchfork
i fucking love eerie trap
youtube.com/watch?v=27-OxkcIGuU

He has one more shot at putting out a good album.

t. someone who doesn't understand punk

>as well as expanding on the possibilities of the production on Yeezus in a modern pop capacity.
rodeo wasn't abrasive in the least bit and bares no resemblance to yeezus except for maybe the singing aspects on blood on the leaves, and even then yeezus was a cash in on an already established sound and isn't revolutionary or innovative

however i do agree rodeo>>Damn but damn has way better individual songs than Rodeo

>not hearing those beat switches
>not hearing those stretched out basslines
>not hearing those dark undertones of excess and greed

hmm

also, damn has maybe 4 individual songs that carry the entire album, and 2 of them aren't memorable at all. it's literally only good because kendrick raps on it

fuck both of you all, damn and rodeo are honestly the best hiphop albums of the decade why yall gotta argue which one is better they are TIED!!!!!!!!!!

trap raps been around for decades now you idiot

it's trash m8 listen to something of merit, and quit living the life a mediocre fraternity boy

>>not hearing those dark undertones of excess and greed
where was this on yeezus besides blood on the leaves and new slaves. Also beat switches and stretching out a bassline doesn't mean theres a resemblance.

Damn has pride, fear, DNA, XXX, lust, feel, and duckworth. There's more than just 4 good songs, i will admit that there are some that are okay. Its a vey decent 7-8 because pride and fear blow Rodeo out of the water

I just listened to Rodeo a couple of days ago and I don't understand why I love it so much. I don't like any other trap styled music so I don't get why I can't stop listening to this shit

Rodeo is hands down the best album trap has to offer atm. I'm incredibly sure Kanye has more do to with that album production-wise than just the track he was featured on.

I love everything he's put out and I don't know why. His sound and style just hits for me.
He's not a good lyricist or even the best producer but I'll listen to anything he makes.

DBR and Rodeo were good, not so much birds in the trap