This is it. What's better guys, a Mac or a pc

This is it. What's better guys, a Mac or a pc.

Fuck niggers

Android

ps3

>pc for vidya
>mac for people who can't computer
>linux for people who understand computers

I'll put ya down for PC

>be me, a poorfag
>built my pc for 250 and unused/unwanted parts from my friends
>pentium g4400
>gtx 480
>still fucking destroys most macs priced up for over a grand

For the past decade and a half I would have said PC. But now Macroshit is keylogging and putting advertising in your file explorer.

But Apple are a bunch of evil fucks too. But at the moment I think they might be the lesser of two evil fucks.

mac for music production, pc for everything else

Apollo

PC.

/fucking thread

I use Windows for music production also,
Most things work the same except pro tools is worse (I don't use it anyway).

>install gentoo

WaterTrain

you can build a hakintosh for the same cost as a pc.

get a mac if you dont play games and want a simple and no trouble system.

get a pc if you play games, you will need to get antivirus and its a little harder to use but also very versatile.

or get a linux/unix/chrom os system if you only browse the internet and do school work.

>this is it
You mean after this thread nobody is ever gonna post a PC vs Mac thread ever again for all eternity? We should be so lucky.

>or get a linux/unix/chrom os system if you only browse the internet and do school work.

or run a server, or supercomputer or most any computing that requires precision and a complete lack of bloatware

if you only browse the web or do homework get a mac, its the computer for people who don't understand computers and don't care too

that's not true man, most 1000 dollar macs have CPUs faster than your pentium, and the gtx 480 is garbage nowadays, im pretty sure modern integrated graphics can compete with that.

>implying building a hackintosh will be a no trouble system, although there are many compatibility issues

dude chromebook is better for just browsing, i have one, its $80 and my 61 year old dad uses it to watch youtube without problems

>compatibility issues
only if you are a noob and cant follow simple youtube videos/written instructions.

true, forgot user lumped that in with linux

but my point still stands

ya, but who that wants to BUILD a hackintosh and deal with doing all that shit when they can BUY a prebuilt mac.

>if you only browse the web or do homework get a mac, its the computer for people who don't understand computers and don't care too, and have no concept of frugality
FTFY

thanks user and as this user mentionedchromebooks are good for just the webs

Mac for sitting in coffee shops tying up tables for hours, pc for everything else.

FTFY user.

poor people, like me!

>
Mac for sitting in coffee shops tying up tables for hours, pc for most everything else.
>FTFY user.

Mint Linux on a Netbook

>PC with hackintosh
M A S T E R R A C E

If you want to CREATE CONTENT:
Macintosh

If you want to CONSUME CONTENT
PC

correct answer

>pc dual booted with linux
M A S T E R R A C E
ftfy

thank user

If you want to way overspend on a lacking product, go apple

(in)correct answer
FTFY faggot

Thanks for the info from the 80s user.

the only macs that have a better cpu than a desktop pentium are the pros and even the the newest pro's.

which are work stations.

aside from that, mac doesn't use desktop processors for anything. literally.

they use mobilve processors in everything else.

and a modern integrated gets absolutely smashed by a kepler chip.

pc with windows, hackintosh and tails (linux) for browsing deep web. real way to set up a computer.

eh, it was kind of true until around 2006, from 06 forward apple switch from powerpc to x86 intel chips.

when they did that they completely lost what made them different and what at one point made them a better machine for certain things.

since then they have been low end machines (outside of the pros) that cost 5x more than their competitors with a severly gimped operating system

mac^^ lol
mac = high price and no power.
pc = massive power and free titts

Macs of course, because they are more expensive.

And if something costs more, it just has to be much better... Right?

PC. Macs are just overly expensive (for the specs) PCs with a special snowflake OS now. Back in the Intel vs. PowerPC days they were interesting and had some advantages over PCs (until late G4s/G5s when they couldnt really keep up. Those machines still have professional uses in some fields such as music production too though.). You can install that OS and have it work 100% on some PCs anyways so it doesnt really matter.

>correct answer
FTFY faggot

>Implying servers only run on Linux
>Implying Windows Server doesn't have a dominant market share in enterprises
>Implying supercomputers only run on Linux
>Implying that the average user comes here to Sup Forums to decide whether to run his home supercomputer on a mac or a PC or Linux
>Implying Linux is more "precise" whatever that means
>Implying it's impossible to remove bloatware from Windows
>Implying bloatware doesn't exist on Linux
Fuck off faggot. Linux is the modern jazz of operating systems. It exists mostly to make a fringe group of faggots feel smarter than everyone else, and to keep an even smaller fringe group of faggots employed because nobody else can be bothered to understand it. Not because it's any better.

>muh video games
Grow up manchildren.

> (You)
>>Implying servers only run on Linux
95% market share
>>Implying Windows Server doesn't have a dominant market share in enterprises
lol
>>Implying supercomputers only run on Linux
99% market share
>>Implying that the average user comes here to Sup Forums to decide whether to run his home supercomputer on a mac or a PC or Linux
why not? lots of people come here
>>Implying Linux is more "precise" whatever that means
less bloat means less resource waste
>>Implying it's impossible to remove bloatware from Windows
never implied that, but you can't remove all of it
>>Implying bloatware doesn't exist on Linux
depends on the distro but most are lean af
>Fuck off faggot. Linux is the modern jazz of operating systems. It exists mostly to make a fringe group of faggots feel smarter than everyone else, and to keep an even smaller fringe group of faggots employed because nobody else can be bothered to understand it. Not because it's any better.
...obvious b8 is obvious

Are you Trump? Even the most half-assed Google search proves this wrong. Saying the made-up facts again doesn't make it true.

i make it a rule not to argue with 12yo

That's what I thought. Enjoy your Linux.

This

Nothing can compete with my slide rule.

I also have a "gaming" edition with LED lights on it.

>using a server OS for a desktop environment
>understanding computers

linux is for servers and tryhards

that's an abacus, gtfo

As long as i can go on Sup Forums with it, it works for me.

>all distros are built to be servers

i agree with you generally, but yeah

gonna be honest i love my pc desktop linux laptop combo

>cringe

you're no better than a macfag who thinks a computer is some kind of "statement" instead of a tool for doing things.

this...so much this

im all for dolling my pc up a bit but at the end of the day it's a tool and my main source of entertainment

using multiple environments is too inconvenient tho. as much as folks here tend to hate the whole microsoft account login, you can't deny that it gives the best features of domain roaming profiles to consumers.

i don't use win 10 and am not inconvenienced because i can make them communicate over my network just fine

sure, but its an enthusiast-only solution. after dealing with networks and servers all day, i can't be bothered to do it all again for my personal network.

meant for

>thinking people will bite this bait

fucking pleb likes star wars rise of the jews and xbone controller go bak to reddit faggio

i miss my eu...

I always laugh when people say that Macs are better for graphic design still nowadays. Photoshop has much better support for plugins on PC, and runs better overall due to the better CPU, GPU, and more RAM. There is not really any reason to use a Mac nowadays other than to use Ableton, and you can emulate OSX through Windows already, so there's pretty much no point for that either.

this, got a buddy running ableton on pc no probs