Redpill me on Bruce Arena and what it means for the US national team down the line

Redpill me on Bruce Arena and what it means for the US national team down the line

Other urls found in this thread:

empireofsoccer.com/bielsa-wants-usmnt-job-an-mls-calendar-switch-and-landon-donovan-55842/
youtube.com/watch?v=jfry2-EGaYI
youtube.com/watch?v=pqnmbjE8i6E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_men's_national_soccer_team_results#2000.E2.80.932009
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's a meme

He is a team spirit, bunker down and counter ball manager. Exactly what we need right now.

Heart and grit will meme us into a world cup final.

why. he had one spectacular world cup run in 2002 and a shitty run in 2006

The US team historically are a team that played with a lot of heart, see Brian McBride or Claudio Reyna. They lost a little bit of that, Bruce will fix it

Nothing. He was hired because we need to qualify and he's a known entity who can do it. He's a hire for the present of US soccer, not the future.

>all these clueless cucks
Arena is a complete and utter meme

Arena will use revolutionary tactics like playing players in their natural position and keeping us in the 4-4-2 we've done best at.

>redpill

This is the worst meme

Also he's going to fucking suck because the players are shit. Surprise

basically this. he's "safe"

its going to be boring and it is a clear indication that our progression hasn't been linear.

I liked the 4-4-3 from the Copa

Counterattacking style only works when a team's fullbacks are very skilled.
>Tony Sanneh
>Eddie Pope
>Gregg Berhalter
>Pablo Mastroeni

These players are miles better than the defense we have right now.
John "I played decent for 4 matches and then went back to being dogshit" Brooks won't spearhead some sort of 2002-tier defensive masterclass.

My only hope is that he'll stick to counterattacking, which is possible because we have very fast players like Bobby Wood, Jordan Morris, and Ledlin.

Our defense is terrible. Brooks plays awful without Geoff Cameron

The 4-4-3 only worked against weak teams. The moment we played against teams with at least decent attacking forces (Colombia and Argentina) we totally capitulated

4-4-2 works best

>not playing 5 in the back to take advantage of pace baby wingbacks like Yedlin

>Brooks will be shit again
t. Hertha fan
>No more Pulisics or even Pulisic himself
>No more German Americans
>No more meme tactics
>No more Jones (this is a good thing)
>Old man Donovan will make a cameo

It's a mixed bag.
The individual quality will be worse but Klinsmann clearly failed to motivate the team in the last two years.
I think his win percentage will be just as good as Klinsmann's but with the current team he is bound to miss out or do badly at the world cup.

Our players are still better than everyone in CONCACAF save CR and Mexico

>Morris and Yedlin on the front

How about no.

Wood - Dempsey/Altidore

Johnson - Jones - Bradley - Bedoya

Chandler - Brooks - Cameron - Yedlin

we're fucked. our midfield is awful

>Yedlin on the front
what is a wingback in counterattacking play

>no more Germans

Why? It's too late for them to switch anyway. Plus we have more youth players in Europe right now and as soon as a few are ready they will be promoted to the senior team like Gooch recently.

Yedlin is absolutely shit when he goes forward to join the attack. Our only decent options right now are Wood, Pulisgod on the wing and fucking Dozy

How likely is it that Arena will utilize young talents like Carter-Vickers, Miazga, Gooch, Arriola, Rubin, etc?

>tfw remember playing against Gooch back in 2013 or something
we beat his team 2-0 i think

yedlin is positive, he actually gets the ball upfield and swings it into the box

Probably wont play any of them unless they are truly good enough like Donovan back in 2002 and Pulisic right now.

We might get some better MLS players like Villafana and Lleget.

Fabian Johnson is better than any of those guys.

wait so no Bielsa? goddammit Amerigans

>4-4-3

Lleget is good, idk about Villafana. How come Klinsmann never played any of these guys?
Ethan Finley and shit were good starter-worthy players

>No more Pulisics or even Pulisic himself

Pulisic was born and raised in the United States. The only language he speaks is English. He doesn't even pronounce his own European last name "correctly". Why do so many people seem to think that he's a foreign-born player?

Holy shit, we could get Biesla soon.
>empireofsoccer.com/bielsa-wants-usmnt-job-an-mls-calendar-switch-and-landon-donovan-55842/

>According to Telam, Bielsa has already spoken to USSF bosses and has offered a list of demands ahead of his candidacy.

>They are as follows:

>A change in the MLS calendar to a February start date.
>A $4 mil. salary.
>And a key staff hire … Landon Donovan as assistant head coach.

You're 12 years old and think FIFA translates to real life

i can't wait to see what people say when the us don't get past the round of 16 in the next world cup.

klansman was boring and bad. rather just be boring tbpqhwy

why not Bielsa?

yedlin is going to get cut by arena thank god. worst touch i've ever seen that guy looks like he's on rollerskates.

All those players are overrated as fuck. Our current talent pool is miles better than 2002

his touch is bad but he is generally good when going forward and makes some decent tackles.

Before Klinsmann the USMNT was not seen as a viable career choice for pro footballers here.
Klinsmann made young players with American family see it as a good way to get ahead.

Who gave a seventeen year old youth player a chance with your national team?
You shouldn't take that for granted because most managers look for results only.

>Chandler, Orozco, Gonshitlez, Jones out

Thank god

explain how our current talent pool can produce better results than 2002 in 2018 russia under bruce arena

Better than Shitsmann, even Germans know he's shit
>HURR HE GERMAN HE MUS B GUD

Klinsmann didn't recruit all of our Germans. Jones was one of Klinsmanns favorites and he came in before Klinsmann became coach

They're clearly not. Look at the center midfielders ,(most important part of a team) and look at the ones we have now, not even close.

i always thought 2002 was the best team ever

claudio reyna
brian mcbride
landoncakes
clint mathis could score some goals
beasley was gritty and could get free

look at this group. just looks like a soccer team. all these guys played in europe too if that's your only means of rating talent.

Jones was and is shit.

forgot pic

the national team isn't a career

>forgetting John O'Brien
He was literally the most technically skilled player we had on that squad

>yfw Arena kicks out bradley

Klinnsy tried that against Mexico and CR and look where that got him

Claudio Reyna is the greatest USA player of time. McBride the best striker.

not more than reyna but he was one of the best players

>implying anyone in the us knows anything about soccer

so this is the time we stop thinking the US is somewhat good and not just a red version of Australia?

get 7 - 1'd faggot

nah, reyna was great but O'Brien's touch was better than anything ive seen from a US player.

John O'Brien had the worst luck with injury. He was more skillful than Dempsey and Donovan the rare times he was totally fit. Ajax's youth system did him well

What you have to look forward to with this tactical genius at the helm

youtube.com/watch?v=jfry2-EGaYI

Klinsmann has had a bunch of these clunkers

Arena then got a gritty as fuck point from Italy and could have even gotten a win if not for an iffy offsides call

there are kids on Sup Forums right now who think the 2016 usmnt is better than the 2002 usmnt

fucking god damn casuals

Hell yeah, 4-4-3 is OP. Up there with formations like the renowned 3-5-3 and 4-5-2

we're fucked

but we were fucked anyway so who cares

>that flag
>this post
even if a troll you should kill yourself

Got a point thanks to a fluke own goal, not impressed.

youtube.com/watch?v=pqnmbjE8i6E

Arena is garbage. Name me one decent team the US beat when he was coach. His best win was against Portugal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_men's_national_soccer_team_results#2000.E2.80.932009

portugal, mexico and germany all in the same world cup

Klinsmann got horribly outplayed for 7 of the 8 halves of soccer in 2014
Yeah they got the goal off of a lucky bounce but they also could have won that game if not for that call

I don't really know why you're judging him on that when it's Klinsmann shittiness in this present cycle that got him fired and the US with zero points from 2 qualifiers

Arena's not gonna be the guy to lead the US into the future
We have to get to Russia before we can worry about how we'll do there

Does anyone really think that, with the players we have at our disposal, we can beat top teams with counterattacking and pragmatic play? It's not gonna happen. Our players are shit and they will not get magically better with a coaching change. Look at Germany, Brazil, France... look at their fucking players you goons. Yes, Jurgen had to go, but Bruce isn't going to get us a fr*cking world cup reeeee

>
lolololololololololololololol divegrass

that sums it up for you

Yeah, I don't remember Germany losing to the US in the world cup. Also, Mexico is trash. They may be the regional rival, but they haven't been to a quarterfinal of a World Cup since 1986. Not exactly impressive.

how's the first time posting on Sup Forums?

What the fuck are you looking for?
Bielsa who crashed out in the group stages with fucking Argentina in 2002?
Van Gaal who had to go to pks with Costa Rica?

jesus christ man, klinsmann just lost a game to guatemala

if you look at the overall results arena won more games against good opponents. if you weren't so milennial you wouldn't have such a hard time knowing this.

>Bruce isn't going to get us a fr*cking world cup
literally no one on the planet is saying that who are you directing that comment towards you fucking idiot?

Please name these "good" opponents Arena beat.

How about fucking Guus Hiddink who had successful spells managing South Korea, Australia, and Russia.

Instead we have some rehashed mls manager with zero tactical acumen.

dude, I really don't know what you are on about, the usmnt has never been good

never

regardless of opponent, being a handball away from making the semi finals of the world cup is a huge accomplishment for the national team

>gus hiddink
>beaten 4-2 by klinsmann
>fired shortly after
no thanks

Hiddink who couldn't get Russia to the 2010 wc and spectacularly failed with the Netherlands during the Euros?
That's the guy

Stagnation and then further decline.

>if you look at the overall results arena won more games against good opponents

What I'm on about is the nonsense you said there. They aren't good but should be trying to improve going forward. Klinsmann is shit manager, but he's still better than Arena ever was. This is a massive step backwards.

Arena who never coached outside of the US and got BTFO in 2006 with a US team that was highly rated (for better or for worse) before the tournament. That's the guy.

>Bradlely still in

We're fucked

Arena has experience getting the US through tight spots in qualification and has experience with players in the pool

Who gives a fuck about the world cup when we may not even get there?

>Outside the US
who gives a fuck

>but he's still better than Arena ever was
How?

if you lose at home for the first time in 15 years and then follow that up with a god awful performance in costa rica, you deserve to be canned

also, my previous comment was the my first comment in the thread

what is it with the klansmann apologists?

should have been axed a while back.

probably most of the wins are from 3rd place at confederations cup and quarterfinal in world cup

it's the fedora tipping eurosnobs, they would rather miss the world cup then have a manager who isn't a big time international

no joke, fucking babby us soccer fans think that if only the usmnt had a european coach the team would become barcelona or some shit

>Klinsmann is shit manager, but he's still better than Arena ever was
but the team has been statistically worse under klinsmann

I don't know

Still can't get over the anti-American bias
The thing I don't get is why are people obsessed with saying this is a step backwards
As though the "progress" of the team is more important than making the goddamn world cup

and then when klinsmann fails they turn around and say the us will never be good and it's delusional to think anyone can do better. if klinsmann can't do it no one can.

He's not even good by MlelS standards but he will still be captain because there's fuck all anyone else capable of leading the team.

You're moronic and it shows. Have you seen the US's talent pool? Pulisic is one of our top players already and arena would be stupid not to call him and start him

name one decent american CM who could replace him.

Hyndman if he could start getting some playing time at Bournemouth.

H E A R T
A N D
G
R
I
T

In MLS there's Nagbe who is better at dribbling and beginning the attacking play. He's been shit this season so we will have to wait if he improves.

>Nagbe
>implying there are any good black cms

wew lad