I'm emotionally cold, i think this is a good thing, but people keep telling me emotions are so fucking important

I'm emotionally cold, i think this is a good thing, but people keep telling me emotions are so fucking important.
What would be the point of getting emotional?

Is it bad that I see 'loving' and get slightly hopeful

yea, kinda

So I'm in a bad camp, good to know at least right?

There are two major points for being emotional -
1) Easily getting in touch with what makes you feel good.
2) Empathy in relationships are really necessary if you want to build a healthy one.

>getting in touch with what makes you feel good
I don't 'feel' good. I do whatever satisfies my bodily urges and whatever is logical.
>Empathy in relationships
I developed an abstract understanding of how others need to be treated, but that would probably be easier if i could relate to them.

Emotions help you reinforce behavioral patterns that might benefit you, given you are mature.
They are also entertaining, like an endogenous drug.
And that is without accounting for empathy and how much better they make you at stablishing connections and relationships of any sort.
almost forgot, they also tend to save you some energy from doing a lot of stuff by will alone since emotions are there to nudge you a bit.

>I don't 'feel' good. I do whatever satisfies my bodily urges and whatever is logical.
Logical is way too unrelated to human life. There is no logic without axioms. What are ones in your life?
And about not feeling good - that is a load of bollocks either. Unless you are really one special specimen and your are not able to perceive that, you of course have same neurotransmitters in the brain which control every human - via feeling good or feeling bad.

All bodily urges and reactions have some emotion associated with them. Expressing these emotions gives others a better idea of what you need/are looking for.
Alternatively, you could be a sociopath.

tldr op is edgelord
I've gone through traumatic periods in my life where I went days being 100% disconnected from all notions of empathy and emotions and it was hellish
you can feel that you are missing something in those dark periods and it's not enjoyable in the slightest

Sociopaths do have emotions though.

>What are ones in your life?
Improve myself and improve others.
>you of course have same neurotransmitters in the brain which control every human
Sounds reasonable, maybe i described it a bit wrong: I don't feel deep emotions like others do. I don't laugh at comedy, i don't feel sad or scared, at some times (like once a week)i feel slightly bad or slightly good, but i got the impression that my emotions are really shallow and rare.

your a psycho op

ppl are gonna talk shit in here leave now
emotions are urges. animal

your superb op, never fall for em

That is different. You could have schizoid personality disorder or alexithymia.

Feeling is fun.

>tldr op is edgelord
/thread

sociopathy = aspd = selective empathy, deeply traumatic childhood (usually, developing aspd in adulthood is rare), antisocial/violent outbursts and tendencies and scattered emotional triggers
forgot to mention that this is a DIAGNOSIS that is intended to be given to you by a PROFESSIONAL
don't self diagnose you peabrained fucking fags

To answer the question, there really is no point to being emotional. Life will be more enjoyable with emotion especially since that's an emotion itself, but there is no logical reason to it. Most likely you will find something to be emotional about, but until then don't try to force it and just act as you have.

I don't like medical terms for things that don't require treatment, this leads to a self inflicted lazyness because "you can't help it as you've got a disease".

I'm a functioning human after all.

alexithymia is a personality trait
one I don't think even op has as he seems hellbent on talking about his supposed psychopathic behaviors for attention

Hey OP, love how you ignored one of the most sensible answers in this thread.

Oh, i've read it though.

>emotionally cold
You are an edgy teenager. Trust me developing sociopathic tendencies really fucking sucks. You understand emotions you just don't feel them any more. Sure it helped me do some really fucked up shit when I had to but I'd give anything to have full emotional range again. But now it's gone and it will stay gone becuase I know if I ever felt normal again I'd be crushed with guilt.

Ok, then if you have shallow emotions, why dont you go to a psychiatrist and or psychologist to help you out? And if you dont want to go that route, you could try mdma and oxytocin. Both are easily available on the net.

I would say see a professional, self medication rarely turns out well.

I am warm and kind. Nice but not friendly. Private but considerate. Can socialize but am reserved, choose not to. Independent and a Lone Wolf. I seek solitude and silence. Don't mind conversation but hate small talk. I relate to the open and artistic...also, I lied...I hate conversations too. I am not an emotional person...feelings are a hindrance. Now you know me but you don't. Grate.

>lone wolf
Enjoy your watch list faggot.

Prescription meds do not turn out well for stuff that OP seems to have. But that is still vague. So I think he is better going to a professional, doing what he says and trying the other method if the meds he puts you on do not work.

I'm 25 though.
>developing sociopathic tendencies really fucking sucks
I don't see why though. To me the perfect human would be 100% logical.
>You understand emotions you just don't feel them any more.
It's hard to explain, but i often find that i identify emotions and mechanically go through the process why they could feel the way they do. It is weird to me.

>going to a professional
But emotions are so hindering at everything...

holy fuck sociopaths are not rational people
can we kill this fucking thread

Without (much) emotions it's easy to be an asshole to others. You have to accept and respect other people's emotions on a logical plane.

Too much emotions isn't good either. Many people let their emotions guide them and nothing else. Have a look at Sup Forums.

To say the truth - i don't know the exact definition of "sociopath" and i really don't care either.
I don't put a brand on everything.

Well i'm not an asshole to others because that would conflict with my basic set of rules.

>OP has autism
Tell me something I don't know faggot

kinda racist, all the white kids are nothing but fucked

see

Was just gonna point this out. Author was probably a Jew

That's good. I'm not that emotional either and I think it's better than the other way around. But "basic rules" are hard to justify (hardcore philosophy terrain). In this sense how I act is still kind of arbitrary.

What are you? A SJW? Who cares?

>hardcore philosophy terrain
Meh, i grew up religiously and "don't do to others whatever you don't want to be done to you" is embedded into my conciousness. I also see that society is better off if this rule is followed, which is why it's a good rule.

btw OP still has emotions, but just isn't overly emotional. Why do anything without emotions? Every action would be meaningless.

Most things are meaningless to me, i just figured i'd do what progresses humanity because that's what's objectively a good way to use your time.

Confirmed for Jew propaganda.

All of the poopskins have positive emotions, and all of the whites have negative emotions. COINCIDENCE?

Fix your grammar, you nigger.

>kinda racist
You mean entirely.