Maybe I missed something, but why wasn't this show pushed hard by the SJWs? Its got a mostly female cast...

Maybe I missed something, but why wasn't this show pushed hard by the SJWs? Its got a mostly female cast, it's written by a woman, and the only prominent male character is a gay black man, seems just as progressive as any female led remake.

they got pissed off about the Asian episode

Because it's funny. It may have a cast of mostly women and a gay black guy, but it doesn't pander. There are few moments where you are hit over the head with how AWESOME women, gay, or black men are. In fact, much of the comedy is self deprecating humor -- meaning are mostly female cast, and one gay black guy aren't shown often as moral or intellectual superiors.

SJWs don't care if it is well written or funny unless it PANDERS to their sub-demographics.

(((schmidt)))

>and the only prominent male character is a gay black man
>trans-temporal genderfluid current-gay black man

holy shit really, the only way UKS could get more progressive is if kimmy was a black transwoman and they removed the hispanic stereotypes

also those cislinear shitlords need to check their single incarnation privledge

also I literally cried watching Titus Andromedan's performance

Nah, they got pissed off when Martin Short played that plastic surgeon who killed himself not longer the show aired.

whitebread german american surname dufus

there's surprisingly little jew pandering in this show especialy considering its theme aside from the fundie bashing

My thoughts exactly until a SJW I go to school with complained about the episode where Titas dresses as a Geisha and did his one man show because she said he was doing "Yellow Face." She literally missed the entire point of that episode...

Because it's not very good.

Because every character aside from Kimmy is morally dubious. Titus is a narcissistic, jealous, catty bitch and Jacqueline is a self hating minority who sells her identity out to get on top. The show also makes fun of liberals too much for them to praise it.

At times, it just feels over-glorified to a huge point.

Because they make offensive jokes sometimes, so it's not SJW utopia for them

because they don't actually care about the things they say they do. They don't care about supporting female casts, or gay casts. They only care about bitching and trying to change things that they don't like and sticking it to men.

this

I hate SJWs but this show is surprisingly great.
I like Broad City too, except for that embarrassing Shillary episode.

>unbreakable
everyone has their limits

They dont like that she's attractive.
look at Ghostbusters, all ugly as fuck

That's never stopped them before.

>tfw when you're a straight white male and unironically like this show and Titus is your favorite character and you can't watch it around anyone because they'll think you're a faggot

I know that feel bro.
I went into this show expecting to be disgusted by D'Fwan 2.0 and couldn't help but love the character.

UKS is great. I don't shill it because I figured that was pointless

Explain pls. I felt like he really dragged down s2.

tv comedy is horrible. even on netflix.

The Geisha episode was the most on-the-nose thing I've ever seen on television.

They really took the incredibly stereotypical SJW boogeyman of Sup Forums's nightmares and then they went "FUUUCK YOOOUUUUUU" right in its face.

There's no getting around it. The show has a gay black lead and not one but two strong independent transracial women and an evil Christian rapist and yet they unequivocally told Tumblr to fuck off and die.

It's slightly amazing.

cus they shit all over sjws

>it's slightly amazing

You type like a 15 year old girl, shifting from adderrall to anti-depressants.

yeah ill be honest his storyline in S2 kind of sucked. They focused way too much on it and it didn't really go anywhere. He was great in S1 though.

No everyone ITT is wrong it was because of the """whitewashing""" of having a literal whitewashed native american played by a white person

Lol no, I'm totally a guy, trust me

Now excuse me while I go play call of duty and masturbate to Kim Kardashian

Because its written by Tina Fey
I'm watching 30 Rock and I love how just non-pandering its is. She isn't afraid to spit in the face of fucking lunatic SJWs

she isn't Jewish

Because its written by Tina Fey
I'm watching 30 Rock and I love how just non-pandering its is. She isn't afraid to spit in the face of fucking lunatic SJWs.

I hope you're not too embarrassed by this topic when you grow up

Because it actually made fun of sjw, you would know that if you watched the series.
I remember one joke about how women didn't invent anything and Titus isn't exactly a good portrayal of a gay man, he's a shit person in reality.

the best part is their organization spells out R.A.P.E

my sister was watching it and I couldnt fathom why this is enjoyable

The camera work was dull, the jokes were kinda out there and the characters just seemed nonsensical

is it actually funny or is it just some girls show?

holy shit

I only watched it because I'm a fan of 30 rock and its ok, a lot of the jokes fell flat tho. It isn't on the same level but is the closes thing we have.

Because it's written by Tina Fey, who's a feminist and a liberal but somehow not SJW. She also hates all that SJW bullshit.

He just happens to be gay. The whole show seems to be a fuck you to SJWs, because the entire set up of the show makes seems to make you think that's what it is. But it's always taking the piss out of them.

I'm rewatching 30 Rock too and it's insane how much stuff they got right. Bill Cosby being a date rapist, hillary Clinton becoming president, I'm pretty sure Jack even says "we can make America great again" at some point.

Self-deprecating humour is effeminate, even if it doesn't pander directly it aims for the same behavioural outcome as what SJW promote.

>Self-deprecating humour is effeminate
How can humour be effeminate

Can you elucidate this statement a little further? What behavioral outcome are you talking about exactly, and in who? The speaker or the audience?

no guy actually masturbates to kim kardashian we all just say we'd do nasty stuff to her because we're bound by contract to talk about that kind of stuff in public.

Humour is an attack on authority, self-deprecating is against the individual kind of ego which is something only women and desperate followers should do.

It's not gay, if by Tina Fey

Oi Vey

Nobody likes humorless cunts who take themselves too seriously. Every comedian indulges in self-deprecating humor. If you can laugh at the world and not at yourself you aren't funny.

Nice try you clearly don't know about the contract.

Most good comedians make use of self deprecating humour tho, if you're gonna make fun of other people you should also be able to poke fun at yourself.

>Kimono you didn't

Son of a bitch

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

I can laugh at myself when someone else makes the joke, the point is don't do it to yourself constantly unless you really do need a man to come and solve your problems.

She's an old school progressive in that she thinks she knows enough to not be too offensive but isn't aware that the line is constantly being redrawn so the next generation of progressives can feel morally superior to the last one.

So Tina Fey is an independent conservative progressive.

I interviewed a guy for a position at my work recently who was EXACTLY like Titus. Gay, Black, a flair for theater, had the same voice and everything.

I almost hired him on the spot, but someone in the company stepped up and took the position.

Season 2 falls a little flat, but Season 1 is great.

It's because she's actually funny and isn't afraid to make fun of anything that's absurd.

She takes the piss out of everything in 30 Rock, she'll make fun of anyone if it's funny, she's not trying to push an agenda.

Her and Amy Poehler are the last hope for female comedians and I'm a bit depressed that all the other seem to be going the Amy Schumer route.

You'll never lay, by the way

>Because it's written by Tina Fey, who's a feminist and a liberal but somehow not SJW. She also hates all that SJW bullshit.
the ''''''feminists'''''''''''like her. they criticize the actions of the ''''''''''''''extreme feminists'''''''''''''''but oddly enough, they do not refuse the perks brought by those radical whores. In fact, these meek whores feel good about themselves for not being radical while doing nothing else than saying ''''bhhooo''''''' so that they can enjoy the fruits of the fight of the radicals

Underrated post. Well done, user.

Have you ever smelled a queef?

>everyone has their limits
bane?

To my dismay

thanks for putting quotes around whitewashing

nobody has a fucking clue as to what that word actually means anymore

How accurate is the Dawson's Creek part?

bigger question is why didn't they push Maria Bamford's Lady Dynamite at all?

They aren't ready to start shilling netflix and streaming fulltime because they still have a lot of interest in broadcast television and have mastered their propaganda in that more consolidated medium, so they downplay most netflix originals after they tested the waters with orange is the new black before pushing further into stream space.

but it's a funny show that deals with like mental health issues and like everyone involved is a woman
this show got completely ignored

They think it's racist against Asians and Indians

Because it wasn't a brave re-imagining of a work that previously had an all male cast.

Remember, it's not important that women win, it's important that men lose.

the time when jack role-plays tracy morgan's mother and father might be my favorite moment from that show

i used to think the actress that plays kimmy was cute but the more you look at her face the more she looks like some kind of artificial gene-spliced humano-doll.

This. Tina Fey, Amy Poehler etc don't tend to harp on about "look guys I'm a woman doing comedy isn't that amazing!!!", they just get on with it and write good stuff.

Personally, I find the whole idea that Ghostbusters was somehow about taking a stand to prove women can be funny extremely disrespectful to people like her, who have already proved they can a long time ago, without being pushy or gimmicky about it.

>Her and Amy Poehler are the last hope for female comedians and I'm a bit depressed that all the other seem to be going the Amy Schumer route.

Sarah Silverman is only doing shit to try and stay relevant.

Loved 30 Rock but couldn't get into this.

It had shades of the same writing, you could tell it was 'the same', but I feel like without Jack/Lemon it just doesn't work. It was like the show was just a Kenneth, Tracey, and Jenna episode, the three of them running around unchecked.

They rapid-fire jokes, but I find that I'm pretty underwhelmed most of the time. Every now and then there's a joke that gets me. Season 2 I was mainly laughing at the legally-different rip-off songs.