Why are people proud of having a difficult language? Is there anything more fucking retarded?

Why are people proud of having a difficult language? Is there anything more fucking retarded?

Hurr durr Latin-based languages are easier for English speakers to learn. Well color me suprised

Latin based languages are generally easy languages, that's a good thing

Based english.

it's literally the first factor they give in OP's list, dood

No shit they're easy when almost all western languages use the latin alphabet, at worst they have some unique letters or dots/accents over their letters.
It's just as hard for a Japanese person to learn to speak English as it is for a westerner to learn Japanese.

That said, Japanese people literally can't fully read their own newspapers (among other things) until they've graduated high school or so because they still don't know all the kanji that are regularly used in it, while a westerner can still READ the words in their own newspaper even if they don't understand what they mean.
However even among western languages there are bastard children. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told Danish is particularly difficult for native speakers and their children don't start speaking Danish until they're about 3 years old.

>Is there anything more fucking retarded
Yes, your pic is more retarded.

Having meaningless languages listed like Norsk and Svenska but not German.

Here is a more complete list

German isn't on the list because Turkish is already there.

just a classic form of bantering people who want to learn German

Germany isnt on the list because it falls in to a 1.5 category. Slightly harder than easy, much easier than medium.

how do you know?

there is way more bullshit with that pic. it's just one ignorant and stupid shit.

>Japanese
>Hard
Not really.

I guessing it's because of Kanji. I'd say that it's tedious before I'd say it's difficult.

Simple languages for simple peoples :)

>Finnish, Estonian, Hungarian have * next to them just like Vietnamese, Thai and fucking Mongolian

Can't make this shit up, we're Asian through and through.

writing system isn't language though, you can apply latin alphabet and assign sounds to it for any language

German grammar is banter, Finnish grammar is bullying

what's the best language to learn purely to help my sex tourism adventures?

luxembourgish

How is Dutch easy for English speakers? Fucking dumb