This doesn't even sound like heavy metal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pqjlzeKBotk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you grew up with the idea that metal sounds like Disturbed, then of course it will seem mildly jarring.

totally heavy metal as fuck they were maybe even a little punk

Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden sound nothing alike yet they're all heavy metal

learn how to into subgenres, faggot

durr where's the pig squeelz

Is this their best album of is it Vol 4? I'm not too familiar with all of their stuff

It's Master of Reality

Vol4 had some of their best songs...but pretty inconsistant throughout

Master of Reality is the heaviest..

Each of the 1st 6 had one or 2 tracks you can do away with

Thank you! I'll have to check out Master of Reality

Paranoid is the "normie pick" but it actually is their best.

Vol.4 is the standard "hipster pick", probably their second best

Masters of Reality is fantastic as well.

Sabotage is the true hipster pick.

>Each of the 1st 6 had one or 2 tracks you can do away with
paranoid is perfect.

What are some bands that made songs like Planet Caravan?

paranoid>master of reality>sabatoge>vol 4>never say die>sabbath bloody sabbath>>>>everything else

Appreciate the reply! Sounds like they all deserve a few listen to decide

What if I unironically think their first album is their best?

Patrician taste

They never even originally called themselves heavy metal

as an addendum, i forgot their self titled, which prolly goes in between paranoid and master of reality. also, in hindsight, never say die is better than volume 4.

then you'd be correct

The term wasn't widely used in their early days so of course they didn't use it.

Glad somebody set him strait.

Pls help.

Is that because it actually sounds good?

Sorry user, it's because this is the actual first heavy metal album.

They do. Black Sabbath are one of those interesting bands where you could ask 10 different fans for their favorites in order and probably get 10 different answers. For Ozzy-era Sabbath at least.

as I get older I appreciate how great sabbath is

This. When I was a wrong-generation faggot in high school, I liked Sabbath, but I thought the likes of Deep Purple, Floyd, Zeppelin dumped on them. As I've gotten older I've realized it's the other way around. Sabbath is arguably the best rock band of the 70s and broke more ground than any of those other acts.

Floyd (and Zeppelin too kind of) are doing something so different though, it's hard to compare. Neither dump on the other because they don't step on each other's shoes

You have a point, and maybe dick-measuring like that is pointless. Regardless, as I've gotten older the one dadrock band that has gotten better and better was Sabbath.

Listening to this for the first time rn. It's cool but, it just makes me want to listen to Master Of Reality which I first heard last week, and keep coming back too

I have this theory that the album people prefer as far as Paranoid VS Master Of Reality goes is which ever one they heard first. I loved Paranoid for a long while before even hearing MoR even full, and I prefer Paranoid

Interesting theory. It's true for me. Heard Paranoid first in full and prefer it.

Huh, interesting, I did switch back to MoR. I feel like now that I've heard it and enjoyed it so much I was hoping Paranoid would be similar. Do you have any Doom metal recs similar too MoR?

>Do you have any Doom metal recs similar too MoR
Prepare for your mind to be blown

>never say die>sabbath bloody sabbath
Explain yourself. Sure, Looking for Today and Spiral Architect are pretty bad and Fluff is practically filler, but all the other tracks are great. Never Say Die just has one or two good tracks.

Just like it or don't and fuck off

Frigg off Ricky

Well said, Ricky

Yup, All their other ones had great singles, but the b side of paranoid is pure garbage, Master of Reality has christian Rock Lyrics, but also their best production. Vol 4 is the one where they make the filler work, and it has this fucking song on it:
youtube.com/watch?v=pqjlzeKBotk
They all have pretty blatant filler really, and most of them would be better off as EPs. My Personal rankings, I've given Their later stuff much of a chance.

1. Back Sabbath
2. Vol 4
3. Master of Reality
4. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (should probably be either way lower or higher, it's been a few years since I've listened to it)
5. Paranoid

I always thought that the first two BS albums had a decidedly Jazz element to them which is why I liked them from the get go.