Nature thread

Nature thread

Bumping, will post some shitty pics I took while hiking.

I really wish the tard of a site owner didn't drop to 2Mb file limit

IMHO, Yosemite is the most amazing place I've ever been... and I've been to the grand canyon, Yellowstone, Sequoia national park, Mammouth Caves, Glacier national park, etc etc etc. I want to go back to Yosemite for 2 weeks just taking pictures.

BTW, that picture was taken atop Glacier Point. I took the bus up and hiked down. If you go there, take the long, harder hike. It's about 4.5 miles and very steep. Take your time.

Bump with content

I like this picture
Your white balance is off. It's too blue. Photoshop, Gimp, or some other editor can correct that and vastly improve the shot.

Yeah I'm by no means a good photographer, and was just using cell phone for these haha

Point taken... but if you decide you want to get into this... editing can make a huge difference.
This was a QUICK edit:

Oh that's awesome, Thanks! I just d/l'd Gimp, will try messing around with it a bit and see how it goes

Fuck nature.

HUMANS HUMANS HUMANS

God is a human. Maximum humans now and forever!!!

The very BEST advice I give to new photographers is getting the book Understanding Exposure. Read it through, go practice and read it again. From a cell phone to an expensive DSLR, there's a ton of content that can take your pictures to the next level.

This was the best picture I've ever taken. I didn't even notice the ant until I opened it on my computer.

Awesome thanks, I will definitely check that out, I'm am into it as a hobby and, would like to get better at it though. Thanks for the advice!

Fuck 4can for not letting me post pics I've taken with my phones camera cuz they're too big and fuck my phone for not letting me resize them

No problem. If you decide to ever get a DSLR, remember- the camera is not as important as the lenses, and the lenses aren't as important as the person taking the pictures. Someone really talented at taking pictures can get a better shot on a cell phone than some facebook hack with a $5000 DSLR with a $2000 lens. It's all about framing the shot first and not just snapping pictures without some thought.

The first thing to learn about taking pictures is the "rule of thirds". Lots of info online about it. Once you've mastered that rule, you will know when to use it and when you can get away with violating it.

Looks like the thread's dying. Any photography questions before this wraps up?