Did the last album ruin their reputation?

did the last album ruin their reputation?
threads about this album used to appear on a semi regular basis but since the physical world was released they disappeared from here

Maybe among plebs. Their last album is the best thing they've done and only music illiterates would think otherwise.

lazy fucks didn't even bother to make new elephant drawings

this.

/thread

kys

I'll have that marathon right now but DFA did not sit on their laurels. They spent a fucking decade getting better. Much better.

Okay, so you're not being ironic. I really find this hard to believe then. From what I remember their latest album was pretty inconsistent, I only remember enjoying a couple tracks a bit but the rest just sounded like poppy zzz fest.

>From what I remember
Yeah I would try again. I'm alternating each song of the albums right now and it's an absolute fucking blowout.

it's a "from what I remember" because it didn't interest me enough to listen to it more than what I had already. I'll give it another listen some other time but in my opinion their first is much better.

agreed

What's the worst song between the two? I vote for Sexy Results

Nah, I liked the newest album the most

I just finished the new album and had my mind blown all over again. I will concede I was too hard on the first album though. The Physical World is goosebump city.

>nobody discussing how the EP is the best most hard hitting thing they've done
fucking plebs you do deserve to get crushed by baby dicks

>Death From Baby Dicks
Yes every song on it is relatively fast but of course it's only half the length so it's not directly analogous. This ep would need to be literally twice as good as both albums to just simply be equal.

Good thing the EP is better than both their albums x7 and you're a contrarian faggot with baby dicks stuck in his ears~xoxox

>contrarian
You're the one insisting that in 15 years they haven't been able to improve over a simple six songs or even manage to not just simply get worse. Every song on that ep is simple as fuck bass except maybe one.

>implying simple is bad
That EP is one of the most hard hitting EPs to be released by them as simple as it is sure their new stuff is good but it doesn't match how raw and visceral the EP was eat shit sunny

See you don't even know what youre talking about to such a degree it implies you're flat out lying. This is their only ep. Everything else is a single and almost exclusively promos for the albums.

They released an EP called romantic rights which has remixes on it it's not their only EP you dumb double nigger don't believe me google it right now cum catcher

>remixes
Yeah that's my point. Either way you still said "one of their most" which still implies you're lying and haven't even heard them and are just trolling to see what you can get away with to prove a point that you don't even need to hear albums to argue about their quality.

No I think you're just mad you have shit taste and were wrong about them having more than one EP because you haven't actually listened to their whole discography and you're strongly projecting to save face because your penis is very small

Oh really and so why did you say "one of their most"?

Because it implies there are 2 or more without up right saying "out of their 2 EPs"

Oh ok so if they only have 2 eps (which they fucking dont) then its proper grammar and logic to say "These are their two most hard hitting eps"? And the EP in question has ONE song that wasnt previously released, a remix, or on the album this thread is about.

>Oh ok so if they only have 2 eps (which they fucking dont)
Romantic Rights and Heads Up actually and it has 3 songs plus 1 remix and the other EP having 6 songs. That's how I know you don't actually listen to this band you sweaty scrotum.

I've not seen a debate this uncivilised which is still about music in a while, pretty impressive.
On topic though I used to love DFA1979 but I think there was something a bit less interesting about The Physical World than YAW,IAM, I think the Heads Up EP is my favourite of their stuff, but I haven't listened to any in a while.

Is this album similar to Gang of Four's Entertainment? Is it a perfect blend of something almost dance oriented, while on the other hand being almost deranged and noisy?

First of all you basically just repeated what's been said without adding any new information whatsoever. A sign of lying. Honestly anything I say at this point is just repeating myself. Except that the one song exclusive to this ep in question is mediocre at very best and hardly hard hitting in the least. I'm glad you're swayed by cymbal crashes though. If you've even heard it at all.

You see that poofter cunt even he thinks the EP is better

fpbp
Underrated as fuck and at least as good as You're a Woman.

These two idiots arguing need to shut the fuck up.

I had to repeat it because you're a retard who doesn't believe there's 2 EPs when google is at your disposal you mistake

An EP of exclusive material

suck my balls

Still an EP :^)

Actually I did forget that Pull Out was on there too. So basically the entire EP is on the album this thread is about. Oh but you really felt the need to include it with your list of hard hitting releases. You're such a fucking liar.

Cucked by your feeble attempt to lie about albums you've never even heard? I don't think so.

>you will never get the sauce

>gave up talking about literally anything of relevance at least 4 posts ago
Defeated and demoralized

>implying I'm not right and I'm not just rubbing several other things in your face
ignorance is bliss :^)

Yeah that's why youre so pleased with yourself.

they just sound really really boring. it's fine for one album but there was nothing new and they barely improved.

...then why are you (You)ing