>decide to play Microphone's The Glow Pt. 2
>play the easiest song "I felt your shape" thinking she'll like it
>mom complains that "the guy's guitar squeaks too much"
>play "the glow pt. 2"
>Phil starts singing "heeeeaaaarrrrrtttt...." off key
>mom looks at me like it's the worst shit she's ever heard
>decide fuck it, and play death grips
>mom says it's not music and turns it off
>finally arrive at sears, mom tells me she knows I have better music taste than that and that I'll grow out of the stuff I like now, like my brother did in his nu-metal phase

>Mom thinks mu-core is garbage

Absolute patrician

your mom has better taste than you

>I felt your shape

I have a vague memory of my aunt saying I'd grow out of tilt/drift era scott walker. I don't remember the circumstances, but it's crossing my mind that it was weird I was playing that for her in the first place.... That aside, was she right?

bit weird of you to be playing music that isn't particularly normie friendly to your mother

Maybe not enjoying it, but you'll hopefully grow out out of trying to play that shit to people. I mean JEE SUS.

>Heh guys I #REKT my mom driving her to the store for more nuggies rite GUISE

Fellow patrician here to confirm.

Well that's embarrassing. You need to ease normies into patrician music.
Also, Glow Pt. 2 is a deeply personal work that should only be listened to alone.

You should have played The Cure or U2 you smol boi

Based mom is based.

everybody knows you need to play duran duran instead when driving around with your mom

shouldve put on some coldplay or mumford and sons

>be me
>go on Sup Forums Sup Forums
>open catalog

It was horrible, cringe af

>be me
>With cat
>Plays the glow pt 2 for cat
>Cat leaves

Fucking pleb

you're such a fucking faggot man

>off key

>carpooling with friends
>my turn to play music
>choose london calling
>they try to change it back to bro-country within like 3 songs

Nothing makes me feel more autistic than having my mother ask me to put on music.

>play music with friends/family
>every song they ask what is that
>i have to explain something every time
>tfw i talk a lot while listening to music with people
>they probably think i'm autistic and know this is the only thing i talk about so they ask me so i feel good about myself

she might be right

>someone doesn't like The Glow
>decide fuck it, and play death grips
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>implying

She's 100% right and fucking K E K at your underdeveloped teenage mind that can't even begin to comprehend this. I kinda envy your childlike naivety

Oh no! Your family and friends are taking interest in one of your hobbies. How terrible!

go back to Sup Forums

>playing death grips for your mom
autism

>mom's friend (probably in her 40s) asks me what kind of music I like
>I like metal and a bunch of meme genres but don't want to look like a tool
>say I like all kinds of music
>she says, "Really? Well what songs do you have on your iPhone?"
>implying
>"Do you like Bruno Mars?"
>eh, he's okay
>"Do you like Maroon 5?"
>not really
>"Really? Well I don't know any music other than Bruno Mars and Maroon 5"
>she literally didn't

>cringe af
this site is for 18+ only

London Calling came on the radio one time when I was in the car with friends. All my friends are pretty open to music but for whatever reason they couldn't click with it.

>My friends listen to everything from 80s pop to freaky weird field recordings but could not get in to London Calling.
>mfw

how else are you gonna normalize that shit and make the "avant-garde" the just-garde like it's supposed to be huh?

wat.

>Go on Facebook
>See friend's status asking for music recommendations
>My gf comments telling her to listen to every Arctic Monkeys album
>Consider ghosting gf

Not really, I played songs from the glow pt 2 once w/ my aunt and she didn't mind. She said Father John Misty sounded liked Simon and Garfunkel lel

>A female friend comes over
>We chill and talk about stuff on the couch
>Decide to play some music in the background
>Open my 'accessible stuff for plebs' folder, choose Tycho - Dive
>3 tracks pass
>"turn this weird music off, user"
>and we just chatted with no music playing at all

Nothing wrong with not listening to music, but calling Tycho weird? What the fuck. That actually makes me upset.

>"off key"
You should have told her it was politonality, but you don't read and you're a dumbass anyway.

I played James dashow at an ambient music party. They all hated it. I played oepidicus orca

>mum doesn't visit Sup Forums
>more based than mu-tant son
is the a coincidence?

it's threads like these that convince me most of the posters on here are underage. go make a blog, you faggots.

>Implying that blogs arn't underage

are you retarded?

reading comprehension

kekd

this tbqh

>get back home
>knock on the door expecting my brother to open
>realize there is no brother
>and no mom
>I wasn't driving anywhere
>A box came in the mail
>It was a backpack for when our daughter went to school
>collapse on the floor sobbing
>go back to feel alone
>carry your ashes to the sunset
>but I don't think of that dust as you
>you are the sunset

People literally cant stand music without lyrics. Its weird but thats how it is

my mom listens to prog-rock and free jazz
>tfw no normie mom

Enough of that my laddie

Who gives a shit? The fact that you enjoy it should be enough.

I am triggered.

Don't know what part of this thread is more autistic, OP's post or the people who think showing other people different music is somehow 'cringe'

>listening to music with other people
what the fuck is wrong with you?

>chilling with friends
>put morton feldman's second string quartet
>confront myself and my self (as an ontological historical entity) with the mirror of atonality (as a mirror is not an empathic but a reflexive entity, alien to the space and time it reflects and only existing by itself in relation to the other) and realize the boundaries of human thought, comprehension and consciousness
>reach rational ecstasy
>pleb friend gets up and says "what is this silence shit, lmao, put some nirvana"
>get angry at their rockist subaltern consumption conditioned by the structures of power of the imperialist white economies, but contain it
>calm myself down by remembering quotes from finnegans wake, my favorite book since i was a teenager
>mfw can't express myself because i'm a spectator in the society of spectacle

"It is not the slumber of reason which engenders monsters, but vigilant and insomniac rationality. - Gilles Deleuze"

Notice this strange male as he posts a reaction gif of an entertainment character to accompany his display of power.

I agree. Cant imagine playing something like that to anyone who is not going to take the time to understand.

that's funny, I recently bought The Glow Pt 2 on vinyl, it's pretty rare here in the UK seeing as it was never officially released here. Anyway I put it on downstairs with both my parents and they loved it.

On a side note, I do not regret buying this, the photographs on the inside of the album are comfy af. These sort of late 90s looking Polaroids are my aesthetic.

>user, Five Finger Death Punch is better than Iron Maiden because they're heavier

>Showed Ultimate Care ii when it was released to my gf
>Every once in a while I get a message from her:
>"Hey, user, what's the name of the washing machine song? I wanna show weird music to friend X"