Untitled

;_;

Fuck you all!

He gave us amazing unique prequel stories and you people criticize it nonstop. I hope you are happy with Disney Wars where Rey is going to become the princess of the galaxies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2jzZOgLH4KU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

go fuck yourself, they sucked ass.

Say what you want about the prequels, but at least they had a little something called IDEAS.

I have no idea why you continue to post that in every star wars thread. That looks fine to me for a 1999 film.

I always loved the design of these vehicles.

Episode 7 had tons of ideas, the problem is that JJ cut so much out of the movie and left so much out.

JJ was even talking about making a "Knights of Ren" prequel film to Episode 7... yet he could have just done that in the ACTUAL Episode 7 instead of releasing a film with so many plotholes.

yeah, fucking stupid and embarrassing ones.

Why is there cartoon rabbit in Star Wars? It's pandering to kids because George knows his script is dull and devoid of any natural humor. He has no understanding of comedic relief.

This is some top tier Chaplinesque physical comedy, bravo Lucas!

This is required reading to have an opinion on star wars.

The Prequel trilogy gave us memes and years of shitposting

Episode 7 has already been forgotten.

prequels are comfy to watch desu, they're just visually largerly different from the OG.

i haven't followed the lore. what are the plotholes?

That's not what a plothole is.

Stuff that's not explained is not a plothole.

The prequels have poisoned your mind.

Star Wars is NOT about boring backstory and irrelevant details that do nothing to enhance the plot.

Star Wars is about the adventure at hand.

Lucas designed it to feel like a adventure serial where the viewer missed the preceding episodes.

>When first released in 1977, this movie was simply titled "Star Wars," as it was intended to be a stand-alone film. The sequels were not considered until after it became wildly successful. The name of this movie was changed to "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope" in 1981 to fit in better with the names of the other films. The later print was the first one to be released on mass market video (an earlier Betamax release did not have the subtitle), and all video, laserdisc or DVD releases have featured the subtitles. The theatrical cut DVDs, released in September 2006, were the first time that the original opening crawl, without subtitle, had been released on home video. The reason George Lucas created the title card "Episode IV" in the first film was as a homage to 1940's Saturday afternoon "cliffhanger" serials, like the Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. He also used the "text crawl" the same way each of those series opened up new chapters. He did not, at the time, have Episodes I, II, and III already planned. In fact, at one point, 20th Century Fox wanted the "Episode IV" title removed so as not to confuse moviegoers. There are some prints of the film that do not have that title card.

TL;DR You misunderstand the spirit of Star Wars.

Or because he knows that most of his fandom, who buy all the toys, are kids in bodies of 25+ old guys who spend their days arguing over comics and Star Trek.
Already before the prequels he smelled that toys/comics/games money and probably said fuck, this is what works, this is what they want, and he was right, the last one is a big expensive toy commercial and people even paid to watch it.
He made better SF than Star Wars before Star Wars and no one gave a shit. Although Star Wars has some great deep elements behind the surface.

You must be joking... at least tell me you have seen Episode 7 because it sounds like you haven't.

The Force Awakens is like Chapter 2 of a big epic. It's as if Peter Jackson had only made Two Towers and Return and not Fellowship.

THAT is how TFA feels to me: a movie which is so far into the story without any background of the past 30 years
>So many plotholes such as how the Empire were able to build a massive Death Star carved into a planet in only 30 years when all the Empire were defeated

>Rey is a Mary Sue: absolutely makes no sense with how she knows everything about the force; is able to do Jedi mind tricks without anyone teaching her... if JJ filmed a scene with her reading a book about the Jedi myths or about Han explaining to her about the force then it would have all made sense - only way for it to now make sense is if Rey is a reincarnation of Anakin which explains why all powers come easy to her

>Luke would never abandon all his friends and become a hermit (again JJ is doing this just so Episode 8 is exactly like ESB with Rey going to be trained with a Yoda like wise Jedi).
>Why the fuck does Rey need to be trained? She is a Mary Sue who knows everything? She almost beat a Sith Lord (who cares if he was injured).
>The lack of Prequel content (such as no prequel planet ever mentioned) disturbed me greatly

BAWWW BOOO HOOO I'M GEORGE LUCAS POOR ME ;_;
*dabs eyes with wad of billion dollar bills he got from disney*

see

Read
There is lots of plotholes like I said about Rey being a Mary Sue, the Empire able to create some Starkiller base into a massive planet and YET it gets destroyed by Han planting a grenade in 1 area of the massive planet.

HAHA what the actual fuck JJ?

>HURR DURR DE SHIELDS HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN
So the shields shut down yet 3 grenades in one area of a massive planet is able to destroy the whole thing.. that is like a nuclear going off in America and the entire planet Earth dies.

So because a New Hope was meant to have no sequels... it makes sense for future star wars movies to have tons of plot holes and confuse the viewer?
interesting

What was up with the way they treated Han Solo’s Death? Didn’t even care to have a funeral for him. Fucking Qui Gon Jinn got a funeral.. not only this but the way JJ DIRECTED Chewbacca after walking out of the falcon, he doesn’t hug Leia as Rey does but just goes to stand next to the crowd of cheering rebels.. the hell??

Even JJ admitted months later he made a mistake.. wow such a fail

Those are not plotholes.

okay thanks for this, i was afraid there were actual plotholes i missed rather than middle school edgelord nonsense

George Lucas quote on Force Awakens:
>"They wanted to do a retro movie. I don’t like that. Every movie I work very hard to make them completely different, with different planets, with different spaceships, make it new."

>cartoon rabbit

Behold yet another fag who lifts his opinions straight from Plinkett

>Those are not plotholes.
You sir are a fucking idiot if you don't think that

>Rey being a Mary Sue, the Empire able to create some Starkiller base into a massive planet and YET it gets destroyed by Han planting a grenade in 1 area of the massive planet.

Those are not plotholes you moron.

>that one droid that fell down in :22

Did ILM just refuse to give a shit?

No. You can just watch Star Wars to have an opinion on Star Wars.

>C3PO shoved in for no reason
>R2D2 back for no reason
>dude Jango Fett is also a bounty hunter lmao
>Clones are a ripoff of storm troopers
>dude Baby Boba Fett lmao
>Republic ships are a ripoff of Imperial Star destroyers
>Naboo is earth
>Death Star plans in Attack of the Clones
>All Jedi wear Tatooine farmer robes
>Coruscant is a ripoff of the city from Blade Runner
>dude Genonisis is Tatooine with rocks lmao
>dude Kamino is just Cloud City with water instead of clouds lmao
>TPM is a ripoff of ANH
>diffrent

a underdeveloped character is not a plothole, learn what a plothole is.

>Those are not plotholes you moron.
I agree I meant to refer that to the section of the stupidity of Episode 7

>>Naboo is earth
What the actual fuck am I reading? please tell me this is a joke.

>Clones are a ripoff of storm troopers
Yeah and the British medieval empire was a rip off of the German medieval empire

Naboo is not original. It's just earth on steroids.

Clones could of been literally ANYTHING. Nobody in the OT said they were Stormtroopers. When Episode 2 rolled around and it was showed that Boba Fett is the entire Empire... that's just fucking stupid and lazy.

He also inserted a bunch of garbage into the Original Trilogy in order to test out effects for Episode I, and rake in a bunch of money for LucasFilm in the late 90's effectively ruining his original creations and then fighting tooth and nail to ensure that the original versions never got re-released. It took a bunch of dedicated fans to piece together enough footage to create the despecialized editions. George doesn't give a rats ass about the fans, you shouldn't praise him.

Lucas did this to himself. And where are those "personal" films he was going to make?

this is true.

youtu.be/2jzZOgLH4KU

>fighting tooth and nail to ensure that the original versions never got re-released
this still doesn't make sense to me
i mean, it's free money

right here

Wasn't the original script for TESB titled "Episode II" as well? It was only when they decided to make Darth Vader into Luke's dad that they decided to skip out the numbering.

That book some retard posted earlier in the thread talks about it. Something about his ugly ass divorce and royalties that his ex-wife would get from the original film generating money.

The whole "I have six movies planned out, I'm going to start in the middle with episode IV and then flesh out six movies to create a grand story" Has been proven to be complete horseshit. He had one long ass story for "STAR WARS" and some of the ideas in that story found their way into the other movies. He was mostly flying by the seat of his pants.

>All Jedi wear Tatooine farmer robes

Love this meme

Lucas didn't design coruscant, Timothy Zhan did. The original imperial homeworld that was going to be in return of the jedi just had a bunch of ziggurats and shit on it.

I loved the original films too. When I was a dumb teenager. But now that I'm an adult, I enjoy the more dramatic, sophisticated elements of the prequels much more. They are reminiscent of the grand epic films of the golden era of hollywood. The original films are just... immature. When you kids get a little older, you'll understand and appreciate the more complex relationships and narratives of the prequels.

It wasn't until GL started fucking with the OT and basically ruined the classic movies with updated CG because "MUH ORIGINAL VISION" that the fans turned on him. It is easy enough to forgive him for the shitfest the prequels are, but then he went and trashed the movies all the original fans fell in love with as well.

>Republic ships are a ripoff of Imperial Star destroyers
The republic becomes the empire. Pay attention.

based george being a better jew than a real jew
fuck parasites

How does Rey speak Shyriiwook?

:)

because george had unlimited money so he had a black guy in a jar jar suit walking around to see if liam neeson would bust out fucking laughing while saying his terrible lines.

Better question, how the fuck is his name "Chewbacca" if wookies can't pronounce hard consonants? If you asked him what is name is he's just going to say "wrowwwrooo wroow"

It's probably just the galactic basic translation

He's making his own private episodes 7-9. He told John Williams to hold back his good stuff while doing the Disney versions.

Oh good, maybe he will use that rejected script where all the main characters were 12 year old children and the trilogy played out like a YA novel.

Does this mean we'll get Darth Jar Jar?

this

kek

Enjoy the dark side Midichlorian tree spores in Disney episode 8.

It's funny because I probably will.

Disney is based as fuck these days.

Comparing the OT and PT is like comparing apples and 3 feature-length commercials. They're two completely different things.

I also exclude 7 because retards tend to compare a whole Star Wars trilogy to a solo film.

Now you know how the average White American man feels, George.

I'm willing to forgive TFA being a shitty ANH remake if Episode 8 is actually good and has a good twist like maybe Rey turns to the dark side or Snoke is Plagueis. Too bad they'll go the safe route and make it a remake of Empire Strikes Back and Rey will be literally perfect and will defeat Kylo with no effort whatsoever.

How do you know?

The only thing you can count on for sure is that Rey is going to get her shit wrecked in Episode 8. They built her up in episode 7 for a fall and positioned Kylo to get some major comeuppance.

>amazing unique prequel stories

Mr. Lucas, is that you?

I'm pretty sure he's literally the only person that would call the prequels amazing, unless it's followed by "ly bad".

My feelings exactly. TFA is pointless on its own. There better be some big pay off in Episode 8 to keep me invested in the franchise.

so what youre saying is... in the next episode, the empire is going to strike back?

Disney shills out in full force today