Is this a good military tactic?

Is this a good military tactic?

DUDE

Didn't see something more retarded in my life, and I have seen a lot of very much retarded shit.

Yes. Genghis Khan called the maneuver the "Vato Loco"

It is if you have nordic plot armor.

Oh Mother Mary please help me, I thought I'd just be a phalanx.

It's fine, Elves have +2 Dex bonus so they have bonuses to AC, deflection, Weapon Finesse attack rolls, and initiative rolls. They could literally stand there all day and not get hit by weak mob goblins.

>elves jump over Spears and Shields.
>Gets pushed into Spears and Shields.
>Die

What? A phalanx, or a bunch of their own soldiers throwing the advantage of the phalanx completely out the window?

Jesus Christ

no lol. Hackson completely ruined this battle.

I had forgotten this movie. Was convinced OP was talking about blindly charging a spear/shield wall. Nope. infinitely more retarded.

depends on what level the phalanx fuckers are and how much better the idiots jumping past them are.

i thought it was pretty neat

>elves are charging the front line, even though they're supposed to be good archers
>completely defeat the purpose of a shield wall
>leap in front, endangering themselves either to the orcs or getting stabbed by their own men

I was hopeing that the dwarfs would hold the line with the elfs shooting over them mount and blade stile but they fucked it good

Why is there so much bloom though?

Tolkien's Elves are good at everything. The archery is what the rest of the fantasy industry picked up on, but they're as better than the average pleb with a blade as they are with a bow. How can sub-sapient races like humans even compete?

Orlando wasn't even in this scene wtf are you talking about.

Won't the second group jump on the first?

Elves have no penalty to multiclass as a Wizard so they're pretty OP as Fighter/Mages. Literally just cast Mirror Image and Stoneskin and nothing can kill you in melee combat.

>structuring your battalions with no possibility for organised retreat
>No second or third line
>Using swords
Peter Jackson knows jack shit about military strategy.

not if the first group is already dead

No, but it looks cool. Which everyone except you new-memers on Sup Forums understand who spend hours looking through movies searching for the next epin new *-posting. Suspension of disbelief, niggers.

Also elves are able to walk with light feet on snow, so maybe it doesn't hurt if one lands on you.