Can a woman be funny? a serious question

Can a woman be funny? a serious question.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8S692f1tnuQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would have said no if it weren't for Tina Fey. I genuinely consider her funny.

no

In the context of cooking dinner

An heterosexual woman i mean

Yes. Just not Amy Schumer. She is genuinely not that funny.

Tina Fey is married to a hulking studbeast of a man and they have a child together.

If schumer was normal body weight she wouldn't be famous. The SJWs skyrocketed her to where she is.

Her appearance is irrelevant to me. She's just not funny.

If I'm being honest, kristen wiig has got a few of chuckles out of me.

Definitely

10/10 Agree

I think Maria Bamford is hilarious she's not full of her own vagina

Amy Poehler is genuinely funny. Maria Bamford is funny. Amy is a fat cunt with 5th grade jokes.

I'm a fan of Jen Kirkman myself. Her "I'm a bad babysitter" bit always gets me

I think men have to be funny to attract mates so maybe that has something to do with the imbalance. Just a guess.

Agreed. Amy Poehler is hilarious.

Maria Bamford is fucking hilarious. One of my favorite comedians.

She has a special way of just making a mundane conversation funny. Her own flair

Not that one.

yes but few ever are

In hs there was a german foreign exchange student who was hillarious. I have never met a girl who is genuinely funny before or since

They can be unintentionally funny when they go full sjw mode

American women? No. British women, fuck yeah.

No

She is def the funniest woman alive. Would marry.

30 Rock is a 10/10 show too

The only thing I ever saw her on was a UK show called the Big Fat Quiz of the Year.

She was ok, but nothing special. No funnier than anyone else i've seen on a panel show.

If you have Netflix, you should watch her special. Being funny is hit or miss when it's not scripted.

Came to say this. There's a lot of really funny women comedians out there, Maria Bamford is by far my favorite.Aparna Nancherla is pretty great, too.

yes

You ever see George Carlin on panels? He's not good, he's nervous and weird. He's literally the funniest man that's ever existed, but live panels just didn't work for him.

I'll check out some of her stuff.

>Julia Louis-Dreyfus
>Tina Fey
>Amy Poehler
>Kate McKinnon
Yes.

>Amy Schumer
Man the harpoons, kill it with fire.

Katherine Ryan is funny as fuck and hot as a motherfucker.

They try too hard. My wife was funny, but not when she tried. More when she was being salty

George Carlin wasn't a wit.

Love the guy, though. He really made me laugh.

>Julia Louis-Dreyfus
>Tina Fey
>Amy Poehler

Fixed

let me guess, you loved her in the new Ghost Busters right? Only an SJW would find that bitch funny.

rarely

This two can be really funny sometimes.

Yeah, as soon as they expand beyond vaginas, being fat and clumsy, or penises. So many of them lack creativity right now because there's not enough of them out there.

Ghostbusters was bad. Bridesmaids was pretty great. Welcome to Me was good.

There are some extremely rare cases but as a whole is say that women are pretty horrible at being funny and it normally comes off as cringe at best

She was good in Paul. It's all I know her from, though. Never seen SNL (UKfag).

Actually correct

youtube.com/watch?v=8S692f1tnuQ

I thought the show was pretty funny for a bit but the sjw themes wore me out and i stopped enjoying it so I wouldn't count it in my book

One of them has hairy arms look closely

Never saw it. I liked her in bridesmaids and macgruber tho. You should consider being less of a faggot. It looks exhausting.

I think there's a differnce between writing and acting/performing.

I don't find Fey funny in her performance, but 30 rock is hilarious. Poehler however is funny when she acts, Kristen Wiig has her moments and Kathryn Hahn is fucking hilarious.

However, when it comes to standup, most women just try way too hard and exaggerated to be funny because they come with a perceived disadvantage when it comes to standup, and that makes it feel hella forced and not funny.
Great stand-up is of course heavily scripted etc, but should be written in a way that makes the performer feel like he is just free-styling and completely natural.
Like Dave Chapelle, whenever i see his shows i could just as easy imagine him cracking those jokes of the cuff if we were just 4 fellas sitting in a couch, and that is because his material is written in a way that suits my perception of him, i don't think he's playing a role when he performs, he just is like that. The same with Tracy Morgan, dude is fucking nuts, but we believe because it fits.

But i don't think Amy Schumer is that exaggeraterated when she is just chillin and shit, and that is why i don't find her funny, her delivery is way too forced.

Same, as always sjw ruin everything i love bit by bit

Katherine Ryan pops up a lot on UK TV. She can be quite funny.

I've never seen her do stand-up though.

Ew

Maybe stop taking comedy so seriously then?

Surprise surprise show about sjw Jews in ny guest hosted Hiliary Clinton on it.

Some of the uglier ones can be pretty funny. Cuz they can't rely on their looks. Basic bitches jokes are all "Muh Vagina" jokes.

Kathryn Hahn is awesome, i would love to bang her all day and night

Honestly, what's more important, though. Writing or performance? I'd say writing, but the delivery of the performers plays a huge part too.

That's irrelevant

Of course, but it does diminish her attractiveness

Yes, just not picrelated.

There's definitely some good female comics out there, problem is the market is so saturated with men that it's kinda hard to find one who isn't a regressive.

No, the theme of their episodes is irrelevant. The thread was about if women can be funny.

Can you provide a YouTube link of a woman being funny?

Not trolling, I'd genuinely like to see.

Writing i suppose, but a shit comedic with horrible timing can really dumpster good material.

Shakespeare isn't for every schmuck.

Short answer: no
Long answer: nooooooo

have you heard her interviews on stern? she's a stupid bitch.

Explain?

100% serious. at the beginning of the new special. maybe 15 minutes in, she had gotten a couple of chuckles out of me. (i was high, so. take that as you will.) but, after that point i started to feel secondhand embarrassment for her. the special was just fucking terrible and if i were her i wouldve just destroyed every copy of that fucking thing.

Dave chappelle is the worst comedian I have ever heard. Would rather listen to Amy Shumer 24/7 than watch his new special once.

im sure theres an unpopular opinions thread somewhere

Lol if you're gonna say "controversial" things, at least let it be relevant. Wtf does Dave Chappelle have to do with women being funny?

chappelle is the only black comedian ive ever found to be funny. if you told me kat williams or kevin heart, would agree 100%

>asks if women can be funny
>proves a famous man who is supposed to be funny isn't.
>proves anyone can or can't be funny
>rekts you

fuck, meant

Can't believe no one's said Kaitlin Olson from It's Always Sunny. Easily one of the funniest female actors in the game.

You do realize she just reads from an army of writers, right?

flawless logic 5/7
Im convinced, women = funny > Chapelle =/= mcdonalds

They can, if they learn how to be funny from watching men being funny.

The thing is, to be funny, you have to practise being funny. Women isn't funny because they don't have to be funny, and therefore they don't know how to do it. They just have to look good and... yeah that's about it. Men, on the other hand, has to practise from day one how to be funny, because that one trait that women finds sexy. And many guys learn how to do it pretty well.

It's like watching someone being good at for instance skate boarding. You know how it's supposed to look when someone that's good at it is doing it, but you could never do it yourself if you haven't practised it. For women, one of the most important things in life is tying bonds with other people, whether it be men or other women. Among other things, you do that by identifying yourself with the other person. That's the reason why so many girls create videos where they're being "random", and think that's funny. It's because they don't know what funny is, they're just doing it to bond with eachother. Random is not funny, it's just being random.

Maybe in a writing setting or if it's a female friend and we're telling inside jokes.

Actual good standup requires emotional qualities that women don't possess.

My boi.

Vicar of Dibly was pretty good

She wrote 30 rock...

Not that fucking fat jew pig

Don't see how you "rekt" me, but ok

>not posting the best woman comedian

She wrote for SNL (during some of their good years)

Fuck right off. Pigs are wonderful animals and can be excellent pets.

Phyllis Diller was funny, she was Peter's mother on Family Guy

humor is subjective, in general women are not funny, unless they've been instructed otherwise.

75 posts in, yet to see evidence of a "funny woman"

This, this right here. This is the problem with the world.

PEOPLE ARE THIS FUCKING STUPID.

Beyond that... women aren't funny. Anything they say or do to make you laugh.. it was written for them.

It's essentially Affirmative Action. Like girls in military. The guys do more work to carry their useless, not-made-for-this asses.. but women just love it because it shows "they're strong!"

Sad, useless, pathetic pieces of shit.

There are more genius blacks than there are funny women, and that's saying a LOT.

0/10. Nice try. A woman wrote 30 rock and you immediately say "anything they say or do to make you laugh.. it was written for them".

>implying a girl who writes her own jokes isn't fun because it was written for her.

Your autism is showing.

I'll add Paula Poundstone to the list of women who are funny. Not Schumer. She's an example of SJW worship, and many of them are in the entertainment business so she gets awards.

We need more fat people winning!
We need more women winning!
We need more edgy people winning!

What are we going to do?

Let's give Schumer an Emmy, we can check all three boxes.

You're told she wrote it, jackass.

That's it.

Welcome to 2017.

How old are you? I remember when girls started shaving their arms. I thought it was weird then, I think it's weird now.

"The series premiered on October 11, 2006 as an anomaly: the original vision of a single creator-producer-writer-star named Tina Fey at a time when TV actors generally stayed in front of the camera"

You sound bitter AF that a women created, produced, wrote and starred in a hilarious show and you're just a white boy who lives in their mothers basement.

very rarely they can be somewhat funny. I had a lady friend that made me laugh but she also got me to smoke crack and form my addiction. Hahahahahahaha :( fuck 26 days clean though

>Pic related

She sucks monkey balls.

Fucking basement dwelling virgins.

I don't know why women do 90% of the shit they do. I'd prefer women didn't wear makeup at all.

You really believe she alone did what otherwise takes teams of talented individuals to do?

Are you really this stupid?

Yes, when as many people are as stupid and gullible as you.. I'm bitter.

lol he got u pretty triggered.. to be fair the show is shit anyways. women just aren't that funny user its not even a big deal relax.